Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm 9 weeks post op and NOT doing well at all. I can honestly say that I might get in 30 g's of Protein a day...and that's on the high side. Every time I try to eat actual food, I vomit. If I try a Protein shake, I get the runs. The one and only thing that I eat that stays with me is yogurt and Water. I have zero energy! I used to be able to complete an hour long cardio-Kickboxing class and walk 4-5 miles a day, even jog some of it. Now, I can barely walk 2 miles and the cardio? Forget it!! It takes every ounce of my energy just to maintain a tidy home...and that even takes 10x longer that it used to. Vitamins? Haven't been able to keep those down since week 4 when the vomiting started. Thankfully, I'm able to take Biotin so my hair hasn't ALL fallen out...YET!

What I'm looking for here is something easy to ingest that isn't chalky or nasty tasting (I have a quick draw gag reflex). I obviously need something as high in protein as I can get. Any and all suggestions very much appreciated.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE =D

Surgery: Band to RNY 8/27/12

Weight loss only 20 lbs.

First of all if you havent talked to your dr about what is going on I suggest that you do so. What you are describing doesnt sound normal to me.

I had the 30 day non stop vomiting it was normal spoke to surgeon. After that I was able to keep food down then 3 months issues happen. Got that fix. Yes talk to your doctor. Maybe your stomach is too closed like mine was & they have to open you up a bit.

I had a hard time for the first 3 month to the point where I could not eat or drink and became dehydrated and hospitalized. You should make your dr aware they have me additional medication (something start with a c chorfate? To coat my stomach, a Nasuea medication, and a pill under tongue for muscle spasm. I take gummie - Flintstone for Vitamins because the other stuff I could not keep down. The only shake I could drink after trying 12 brands was EAS - soy, which you can buy from Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Please do call your Doctor. And if yogurt is going down, try adding some unflavored or even flavored Protein to the yogurt,

I have been doing this a lot pre op and love it, now ask me in a few weeks and I may feel like you do.

I do like the Unjury protein like Mel mentioned. I also like the nectar protein from synthrax..

But please call your Doc and make sure something like a stricture or ulcer or something isn't going on.

Great news!! Yesterday I managed to get in 38 grams of Protein. And for today...it's only 8:25 am and I've already taken in 12 grams. It's going to be a day in the 40 g's for me....also, I just ordered the Unjury chicken Soup.< /p>

I decided in the afternoon yesterday to go back to the puréed stage. It went well, I had acorn squash and oven roasted turkey. The food stayed down and I didn't have to race to the bathroom. I'm going to stick with the puréed foods for now, ever so slowly add in the solids...wish me luck.

Yes' date=' I'm just going to keep talking to myself, it's all good, I'm a pretty fun person to talk to =D.

So it's 8:33 am and I've already gotten 16 g's

of Protein in...woo hoo go ME! Gearing up for some reading, a nap and then 45 min. on the elliptical![/quote']

16g is great! How did you manage that? I'm struggling too.

16g is great! How did you manage that? I'm struggling too.

It's not easy that's for certain! I guess I just got sick of being exhausted all the time. I knew from the beginning that I was supposed to be getting in 60+ grams a day, and I always had that in the back of my mind, but I never really worked at it. All I knew was that I totally hate to eat, and nothing besides Water felt good in my pouch.decipher week sometime I decided enough was enough. That and I gained 4 lbs without eating =[

So I got a planner type book and wrote out everything I was supposed to be getting in, including regular Vitamins, Biotin and excersize. Each day I am adding a meal or a snack, and someday I'll reach 60+ grams.

I had to go back to basics, start with liquid then pureed food..

I guess I just realized I was wasting time. I had to seriously think about why/what/when I was eating too. I was way off track in my thinking and went back and re-read all my meal plans. I'm having to realize that even in smaller doses some of the food I was eating was making me sick. And each time I get sick, that food item goes on the "no-no list". Like last night, I tried to have a turkey hotdog. For some reason, even though I cut is so skinny my stomach totally rejected it...on the list it went.

Good luck and please feel free to PM me if you have questions.

It's not easy that's for certain! I guess I just got sick of being exhausted all the time. I knew from the beginning that I was supposed to be getting in 60+ grams a day' date=' and I always had that in the back of my mind, but I never really worked at it. All I knew was that I totally hate to eat, and nothing besides Water felt good in my pouch.decipher week sometime I decided enough was enough. That and I gained 4 lbs without eating =[

So I got a planner type book and wrote out everything I was supposed to be getting in, including regular Vitamins, Biotin and excersize. Each day I am adding a meal or a snack, and someday I'll reach 60+ grams.

I had to go back to basics, start with liquid then pureed food..

I guess I just realized I was wasting time. I had to seriously think about why/what/when I was eating too. I was way off track in my thinking and went back and re-read all my meal plans. I'm having to realize that even in smaller doses some of the food I was eating was making me sick. And each time I get sick, that food item goes on the "no-no list". Like last night, I tried to have a turkey hotdog. For some reason, even though I cut is so skinny my stomach totally rejected it...on the list it went.

Good luck and please feel free to PM me if you have questions.[/quote']

That sounds like a good plan! I have found a tracking app called shape up that should help keep track of things...it tracks Protein, fat and calories. It also tracks Water intake and exercise.

Thanks!

Vitamins are a must. If I miss a day or 2, my energy is zapped. So I can't imagine 5 weeks without them. You really need to find one you can choke down. I know its hard, I was back in the hospital for 6 days with c diff at 3 weeks post op and I wasn't able to take them for a week. It was no fun. I am just now getting my energy back...4 weeks later. Good luck to you.