Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a stress test today and if that was not bad enough I was told I could not have caffeine after midnight the day before. This was really tough for me. I only drink ONE cup of coffee in the morning but I NEED it. LOL

How soon post-op did you drink coffee and did you use Creamer?

M

Everybody is different

My doctor says no coffee it's acidic to your new pouch and acid is that last thing we need on our pouch. And Decaf sucks with sugar free Creamer coffee is just not the same anymore. But that's just me. Check what your doctor says about coffee

Surgery Anniversary 7/30/12

I had a stress test today and if that was not bad enough I was told I could not have caffeine after midnight the day before. This was really tough for me. I only drink ONE cup of coffee in the morning but I NEED it. LOL

How soon post-op did you drink coffee and did you use Creamer?

M

I was told at three months I can have it again not until then because it dehydrates you, at the hospital I was given Decaf but it is not the same!

I had to wait three months as well. But on the 91st day you can bet that I was well stocked with Decaf and have been ever since!! I drink two and ocassionally three cups a day with Splenda and flavored Creamers - not sugar free. That's my one indulgence. I enjoy coffee, I find it filling, it's great as a "snack", my wife and I have a cup for dessert just about every evening, it's loaded with antioxidants, more and more research is identifying all kinds of benefits including indications that it may offer a degree of protection against some types of cancer and on top of all of that - . I truly believe that it has been an invaluable "go to" for my weight loss journey. Ain't nobody taking my coffee unless they pry it out of my cold dead fingers!!

I miss my coffee and when I go back to work I don't know what will help the long miles go by. I have done everything the doctors have told me to do. I may have to go cheat on this one myself. And I can't stand Decaf.

To top it off we just spent 300 on one of the Keurig k cup coffee makers you know one cup at a time in under one min that thing is the bomb we love it.

Besides If DL says its ok that works for me just kidding DL . Nobody said we have to give up living to lose weight

I had to wait three months as well. But on the 91st day you can bet that I was well stocked with Decaf and have been ever since!! I drink two and ocassionally three cups a day with Splenda and flavored Creamers - not sugar free. That's my one indulgence. I enjoy coffee' date=' I find it filling, it's great as a "snack", my wife and I have a cup for dessert just about every evening, it's loaded with antioxidants, more and more research is identifying all kinds of benefits including indications that it may offer a degree of protection against some types of cancer and on top of all of that - . I truly believe that it has been an invaluable "go to" for my weight loss journey. Ain't nobody taking my coffee unless they pry it out of my cold dead fingers!![/quote']

What brand decaf do you use?

I miss my coffee and when I go back to work I don't know what will help the long miles go by. I have done everything the doctors have told me to do. I may have to go cheat on this one myself. And I can't stand Decaf.< /p>

To top it off we just spent 300 on one of the Keurig k cup coffee makers you know one cup at a time in under one min that thing is the bomb we love it.

Besides If DL says its ok that works for me just kidding DL . Nobody said we have to give up living to lose weight

Paul I have a Keurig too - have you tried any of the decaf k-cups? I was exactly the same as you - hated decaf. But...k-cup decaf is excellent. See below for some recommendations that you might enjoy.

What brand decaf do you use?

As you can tell from above, I'm a huge Keurig fan. The best coffee I've ever tasted by far. Right now I have Tully's French Roast, Timothy's Colombian and Green Mountain Dark Magic - all decaf. My wife prefers a medium roast (all of mine are dark roast) and she LOVES CoffedePeople's Donut Shop - also decaf. I've also had Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast Decaf which is my favorite but it can be hard to find. I ordered all of the above from Amazon. I tried to re-order the Italian Roast directly from Barista Prima's website and even they didn't have the decaf. Timothy's Rainforest Expresso Decaf is also quite good (not as strong as the "Expresso" name would imply). Selection and availability are the only downsides to k-cup decaf. Availability can be iffy on any given day and most companies don't seem to make all of their roasts in decaf. If you're a coffee lover, I highly recommend the Keurig coffee makers!

I tried Decaf with sugar free hazelnut Creamer at about 3 weeks and it just wasn't good. So I tried sugar free french vanilla. No good. Just doesn't taste right to me anymore. I did try a half caf skinny iced mocha and it didn't taste good either. I'll still try coffee from time to time because I loved it so much preop.

Now my taste is all about black tea and herbal teas - yum!

Just starting to explorer Decaf will take your advise and try some of the dark brews in deca. My wife loves green mountain morning blend I like the dark magic. But I think my problem is not the coffee but the sugar free creamer that changes the taste. Will have to try with regular creamer.

We save money now that we have the Keurig we don't throw away coffee any more and if you buy in bulk it's cheaper.

If you like ice tea there are some really good one for the Keurig to

I tried Decaf with sugar free hazelnut creamer at about 3 weeks and it just wasn't good. So I tried sugar free french vanilla. No good. Just doesn't taste right to me anymore. I did try a half caf skinny iced mocha and it didn't taste good either. I'll still try coffee from time to time because I loved it so much preop.

Now my taste is all about black tea and herbal teas - yum!

I love tea too and as many if not more health benefits than coffee!! Have you tried Republic of Tea teas? Huge selection and they are absolutely delicious!!

As you can tell from above' date=' I'm a huge Keurig fan. The best coffee I've ever tasted by far. Right now I have Tully's French Roast, Timothy's Colombian and Green Mountain Dark Magic - all Decaf. My wife prefers a medium roast (all of mine are dark roast) and she LOVES Coffed People's Donut Shop - also decaf. I've also had Barista Prima Coffeehouse Italian Roast Decaf which is my favorite but it can be hard to find. I ordered all of the above from Amazon. I tried to re-order the Italian Roast directly from Barista Prima's website and even they didn't have the decaf. Timothy's Rainforest Expresso Decaf is also quite good (not as strong as the "Expresso" name would imply). Selection and availability are the only downsides to k-cup decaf. Availability can be iffy on any given day and most companies don't seem to make all of their roasts in decaf. If you're a coffee lover, I highly recommend the Keurig coffee makers![/quote']

Thank you. I have been wanting one but since I used to have two cups a day that I would take in a coffee mug to work, I just thought it would be a waste to have to make two of the k cups a day and just have a regular coffe maker. I may just put it on my wish list!

WOW.....perhaps I will start trying to wean off the coffee now. NOT a Decaf fan, even in the Keurig. On the way to work I stop for a medium McDonald's coffee with two Creamers. $1.07' for any size. It's always hot and fresh.

Just starting to explorer Decaf will take your advise and try some of the dark brews in deca. My wife loves green mountain morning blend I like the dark magic. But I think my problem is not the coffee but the sugar free creamer that changes the taste. Will have to try with regular creamer.

We save money now that we have the Keurig we don't throw away coffee any more and if you buy in bulk it's cheaper.

If you like ice tea there are some really good one for the Keurig to

Roughly 35 calories and 5g of sugar for 1 Tbsp of the regular flavored Creamers. Exactly what the doctor ordered?No. A reasonable indulgence for something I truly enjoy? I think so.

WOW.....perhaps I will start trying to wean off the coffee now. NOT a Decaf fan' date=' even in the Keurig. On the way to work I stop for a medium McDonald's coffee with two Creamers. 1.07' for any size. It's always hot and fresh.[/quote']

A word of advice I did not stop until the day of my surgery and the headaches afterwards were horrid! It took a good four days for them to subside!

U

A word of advice I did not stop until the day of my surgery and the headaches afterwards were horrid! It took a good four days for them to subside!

U

Not being able to have coffee today due to the stress test I had a terrible headache. maybe I will do 1/2 Decaf 1/2 caff for awhile.

M