Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMOOTHIE KING GLADIATORS

Hi everyone, I keep hearing about smoothie king gladiators and I was just wondering what your opinions are. I'm sorry if this thread already exists!!

For those who don't know about gladiators...they are a low carb Protein mix at smoothie king! Only 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 180 calories and 45 protein!

http://www.smoothiek...etail.php?id=74

I need a change in my diet and I am disappointed with my current Protein powder. I've been craving lots of fruits. It says it can be used with fruit juice or natural fruit. I was going to do natural fruit - or is it not worth it because of added carbs/sugar? I eat berries daily and sometimes peaches and had no problem. I am still losing weight. Basically...

1. Are the flavors (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry) delicious without the fruit? I am a chocolate junkie but I'm scared to try chocolate shakes now because of my current one...it's disgusting.

2. If I choose to add fruit, which should I do? Which is the healthiest but most flavorful without added excessive carbs/sugar? For example, strawberry and kiwi instead of strawberry banana? Or a mix of just berries? etc. What's the best mix? It says I can choose two.

Also I would like to know your experiences! I am a student so doing something like this each day isn't an option. But I would like to try it before buying a big bag...I regret my Bariatric Advantage shakes...

The cost of these smoothies are what's scary 6 dollars just about for a 20 oz that may take you all day or 2 just to drink it. I usually get the strawberry banana they have loads of taste because they do use fresh fruit and they can also use frozen or chopped up fruit it just depends on the store you go to. No doubt about it they are good but I believe their calorie count is much higher than 150 calories. I have tried their Lean 1 smoothies with out fruit just using the chocolate flavoring or strawberry and yes they are pretty good,but if you go that route you might as well just buy the Protein Powder and do it yourself at home. The best mix will just depend on your taste bud, I would rather eat strawberry then have it mixed with something. The smoothies are very filling and you will feel good like you just ate a big meal. They are a good once in a while option but the prices are high enough that you probably couldn't afford to eat there every day.

The cost of these smoothies are what's scary 6 dollars just about for a 20 oz that may take you all day or 2 just to drink it. I usually get the strawberry banana they have loads of taste because they do use fresh fruit and they can also use frozen or chopped up fruit it just depends on the store you go to. No doubt about it they are good but I believe their calorie count is much higher than 150 calories. I have tried their Lean 1 smoothies with out fruit just using the chocolate flavoring or strawberry and yes they are pretty good,but if you go that route you might as well just buy the Protein powder and do it yourself at home. The best mix will just depend on your taste bud, I would rather eat strawberry then have it mixed with something. The smoothies are very filling and you will feel good like you just ate a big meal. They are a good once in a while option but the prices are high enough that you probably couldn't afford to eat there every day.

Yeah I noticed that the prices are pretty high...but I'm kinda scared to buy the powder without trying what it tastes like first. I didn't know if strawberry banana was worth it because I always hear, "STAY AWAY FROM BANANAS!! THEY GO STRAIGHT TO SUGAR" etc... >.<

Also I read the nutrition wrong. It's 180 calories...not 150. Not sure where I saw 150 at....

Thank you for replying. :D

They are really good and I do not like any Protein powders I have tried. I get the strawberry with strawberries as the only fruit. You can get double strawberries but it does add more carbs. The chocolate is good too but I don't get any fruit in that.

Ask for fresh fruit or they may give you some that has soaked in sugar.

Also the one I go to has some flavors that aren't advertised like lean 1 Cookies and cream which is good too.

I get the Gladiator with black cherry because it's lower sugar and carbs. The guy at Smoothie King told me the strawberry is a concentrate and it has added sugar so I did not opt for that.

I have tried their smoothies when I was about 3 months out and wasn't a fan. Going to give them another try when I get up around that way again.

Hi everyone, I keep hearing about smoothie king gladiators and I was just wondering what your opinions are. I'm sorry if this thread already exists!!

For those who don't know about gladiators...they are a low carb Protein mix at smoothie king! Only 1 carb, 0 fat, 0 sugar, 180 calories and 45 protein!

http://www.smoothiek...etail.php?id=74

I need a change in my diet and I am disappointed with my current Protein powder. I've been craving lots of fruits. It says it can be used with fruit juice or natural fruit. I was going to do natural fruit - or is it not worth it because of added carbs/sugar? I eat berries daily and sometimes peaches and had no problem. I am still losing weight. Basically...

1. Are the flavors (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry) delicious without the fruit? I am a chocolate junkie but I'm scared to try chocolate shakes now because of my current one...it's disgusting.

2. If I choose to add fruit, which should I do? Which is the healthiest but most flavorful without added excessive carbs/sugar? For example, strawberry and kiwi instead of strawberry banana? Or a mix of just berries? etc. What's the best mix? It says I can choose two.

Also I would like to know your experiences! I am a student so doing something like this each day isn't an option. But I would like to try it before buying a big bag...I regret my Bariatric Advantage shakes...

I tried the Gladiator w/Mangosteen and Acai a small. It was ok. Like all other Protein drinks it has that same after taste. The best thing I have found so far is Bari Wise Fruit Drinks. 70 calories and 15g protein. I can stomach them without wanting to gag.

I'm on day 5 of my Pre Op diet. I can feel the weight melting off my body. My biggest problem is getting in enough calories. I'm supposed to be at 800 to 900. I keep coming under.

Good luck!!!