Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ate too much now SCARED

Okay, first let me say, please don't lecture me because I am already SCARED TO DEATH and have learned my lesson. Here's what I did: I made a crustless pumpkin pie with just pumpkin pie mix/puree and nonfat evaporated milk. All of the sudden, my pre-surgery monster came out. I ate at least a 1.5 cups of the pumpkin mix (15 oz?) all at one time. I feel HORRIBLE right now - not just mentally, but physically. Unfortunately, I don't feel like throwing up. I just feel really full and I am sweaty. Does anyone have experience with this. Am I at risk for a leak right now? Did I screw something up permanently? I am SO scared. Do I need to make an emergency call - I HATE the thought of doing that.... (I should have said.... I am 3.5 weeks out and so far haven't had any trouble with eating and drinking - more of an OPPOSITE problem - like I can eat a 5.5 oz yogurt with no problem whatsoever and still be hungry an hour or so later.

Again, I am so afraid right now. And just all together miserable and scared.

You're fine. Relax. Walk, that will help the food settle. You made a bad choice but if you aren't puking it up, it's probably passing through. Your tummy is still numb, so it's harder to judge fullness. That will come with heavier Protein.

How long did it take you to eat that much? Are you sure you ate 1.5 cups?

You will not cause a leak. Move on and don't beat yourself up and learn from it. The pumpkin recipe sounds good though! :)

OMG thank you for these quick replies. I am literally freaking out right now. I'm doing that whole, "Please God, if you help me through this, I will never, ever, ever eat too much food at one time ever again."

I'm sure it was 1.5 cups. And i did it over about 30 minutes. I'M CRAZY STUPID.

And still no thought of vomit.

It is a miserable feeling (physically) to eat too much. Don't beat yourself up, you have been eating this way your whole life, it'll take time for your old habits to be broken. However, due to the consistency of the pie filling, I suspect you'll live....you'll just be miserable for some time. Sorry to make light of your situation, you've just made the same mistake 99% of your peers on this site have made. I made the same mistake when I was able to finally have cooked vegetables...ate too fast and too much. Spent the next hour doubled over, praying to throw it up! You need to portion your food, then stick to that amount. Eating your fill of yogurt is no biggie...you will not be able to do the same with more dense foods (which is a good thing!). I'm by no means a pro, only four months (and 80 lbs.) out...just lending my two cents. Good luck and again, don't beat yourself up...it takes time to adjust.

It takes more than pumpkin puree to cause a leak. Like steak and a salad at 3.5 wks! I think ur fine. Some people believe that dumping doesn't happen with the sleeve. My dr says no also. But everytime I eat ice cream (numerous times, I'm a slow learner) I get major stomach cramps. Not sure if its true dumping or not but I've heard with fatty sugary foods, a lot of us get sick.

Just monitor ur food from now on. Its overwith. Ur sick and that will teach u. I can't believe u ate raw pumpkin pie mix. Sounds gross to me. I think it would be considered a liquid and ull be fine.

Good luck

I just cannot tell you people how grateful I feel right now for all of you. Someday I will be able to help someone else through this miserable-ness (if that's a word...)

Hope you are feeling better now!

I hope. You feel better soon !!! We are in this together

Haha I did the same thing with baked Beans. Hope your feeling better.

Wow....I'm glad this hasn't happened to me... closest I've come is eating waaaay too much Protein (i'm still only able to hold like two and a half tbsp of meat) and actually throwing up....but just a little. I've learned to stop eating before I think I'm full.....just like with anything when in doubt.....DON'T...lol you'll be fine...:) like I tell my girls.... This too shall pass.

To be honest when I start to feel like I have had enough to eat, I won't even try and take a last bite of anything. I will eat just about enough, and wait for a few minutes and see how I feel. If you eat to fast it is easier to over eat. Just because we have sleeves doesn't mean we can eat fast or faster. I have to make myself throw up to get the food out. Just like you I have learned my lesson and do not even attempt to get full on food in fear that I may cause that horrible feeling. It feels like you want to burp but you cant,all that gassy feeling hurts bad as you know... Just be careful and eat slower.

I just cannot tell you people how grateful I feel right now for all of you. Someday I will be able to help someone else through this miserable-ness (if that's a word...)

Pay it forward when you can ..... (:

Thinking of you! I had 2 ounces instead of 1.5 today and my back hurt sooo bad from the gas I had to walk around the neighborhood and breathe heavy through my nose. Was definitely sweating. Felt like dumping! No good! at least, we learn the lesson fast!

Been there...Done that!

Progress, not perfection ;)

Feel better!