Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Here i am three Weeks out and going under the knife again...the pain is simply unbearable! Getting my gull bladder taken out, i just really wish they did it all at once :/

Oh god I'm sorry you are going trough this. I hope you have a good and fast recovery.

That's not to bad hun......you will feel much better when that is over as well....

I have had 8 surgeries since I had my sleeve done in Nov.2012. Make sure you treat yourself with tender care K and you will be back on the road again very soon!

OP- so sorry you are going through that. I hope you have smooth sailing once you get past this hurdle!

RJ- if you don't mind me asking, what surgeries have you had post sleeve?

Well.....after I had the sleeve I got a leak....i went septic four days later and had to have emergency surgery...I almost died...They put me in a coma and I was in it for 19 days....I had a temperature of 104 and it would not break.. 2 done...While I was in the coma they discovered that I had sleep apnea and that scared the living daylights out of them so they gave me a trakia ( spelled wrong) 3 done. After that i woke up and was moved to another floor out of ICU and they put a stent in my stomach to see if they could close the leak... 4 done. Six weeks went by and it did not work. So they put another stent in on top of the other stent 5 done. Another six weeks went by they did not take so they decided to put clamps in to try to close the leak....6 done. I got abscesses in my stomach and had to go under to get them cleaned out and they put a tube inside to drain it 7

done...Crap..I had 9 surgeries.....They decided the only option left was to give me a by-pass sleeve combination and it worked... 8 done! I was in the hospital a total of 5 months and did not eat any food for 5 1/2 months....When I was in ICU in critical condition and on life support..i got an ulcer on my rear end..category 5 which is the worst you can get...

So they hooked me up to a vac and after I learned to walk again, write and talk again...I came home...The ulcer would not heal so I ended up going for another surgery to see why...they operated and pulled out a sponge and packing that some nurse left in my butt and it started to heal over but couldn't because of the stuff left there 9 done.

Now after 10 months I still have a nurse that comes every day to change my dressings....

The ? is..Would I do it all again? YES! I am a new person and now that I am recovering I am getting healthier by the day.....I can do so much more then I could before the sleeve....I am excited about this wonderful opportunity to get my life back....NO regrets here!

I also had to have the pick line removed and replaced in my arm 4 times because it clogged up too much...That was done in a special place in the hosp. So even though they did not put me out for those...I was scared to death for 5 months!

RJsbeginning, I don't even know what to say! You are an amazing person! You are very strong to have made it through all of that. God has a plan for you. I hate to ask because at this point it might seem trivial but, did you lose weight?

I'm so glad you shared RJ! Your story can be so helpful to others who are discouraged!

So far 130.4 lbs. lost..That was of 3 weeks ago...I get weighed again in the middle of Sept.....I love that part...I wait because I don't want the scale to drive me crazy! LOL

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

So amazing RJ! It's a great accomplishment on top of all your struggles. I have seen some of your posts to others and you are such an encourager! So inspiring!

Thank you all for your support :) you all make me feel better...

Rj- thank you for sharing your story with us, i don't have it that bad after all... I will pray for you in your journey.

God bless you all!

Wish you a speedy recovery, it will all be worth it.

Damn RJ, amazing

RJ you have left me speechless. Glad to hear you are recovering great and prayers heading your way. You are one amazing person. But I do have one question....how did the sponge get in your but??? I know really random.

Sorry to hear that Christina I hope your next surgery goes smoothly.

RJ, sorry for all you have been through your an inspiration.