Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started my diet yesterday I failed because i had sushi with my husband last night :/.. Today my coworkers are rubbing their foods in my face and I feel like crying, I'm feeling as if I'm not strong enough to do this two weeks I won't be able to be successful after surgery... What did u guys eat pre-op to keep full?? I'm beyond dying!

pre-op I ate what I wanted except bread rice Pasta potatoes sweets and sodas. My doctor had no pre-op diet except for the day before the surgery which consisted of a Breakfast that had eggs and meat and Clear liquids the rest of the day and nothing by mouth after 10pm that night.

Not all doctor are the same and they don't all require the same pre-op diet I think I just lucked up. But pre-op diet is to shrink your liver so it want be in the way during surgery. But I believe you can do. This same food your co-workers are waving in your face now will be in your face after surgery and you have to learn that these foods have got you where you are today and i know this is not where you want to continue to be if you taking the necessary step to have the sleeve done. Good Luck on your liquid diet and your procedure.

(1) you did not fail, but you did not follow your plan (2) you work with A$$holes

OK, The prep diet is not easy. Wasn't for me, I bet it wasn't for anybody. You are "detoxing" from all the crap you've previously been eating and you might be hungry for the first time in a long time. I can't help with your coworkers (who are NOT your friends), but IF you can do this it WILL get better after 3 or 4 days. Drink a LOT of Water, it will make you feel full (for a little while) and you'll need to run & pee a lot (and you won't be tempted to eat there).

Good Luck,. this IS important. Both for your psychic control over food and to shrink your liver.

(1) you did not fail' date=' but you did not follow your plan (2) you work with Aholes

OK, The prep diet is not easy. Wasn't for me, I bet it wasn't for anybody. You are "detoxing" from all the crap you've previously been eating and you might be hungry for the first time in a long time. I can't help with your coworkers (who are NOT your friends), but IF you can do this it WILL get better after 3 or 4 days. Drink a LOT of Water, it will make you feel full (for a little while) and you'll need to run & pee a lot (and you won't be tempted to eat there).

Good Luck,. this IS important. Both for your psychic control over food and to shrink your liver.[/quote']

Thank u for your words! I know it's important that's why I won't be cheating again and will follow the plan. Thanks for your words! :)

Today is day 7 for me on liquids. I may be one of a few, but I've found it to be easy, and I have been a major volume binge eater for most of my life. I've been using the Unjury unflavored Protein Powder with different flavors of MIO, Crystal Light, and Dasaini drops. I mix 1 scoop in a 24 oz bottle of cold Water and it's cool and refreshing. I've also been using the EAS Advantedge shakes. The Café Caramel is the best, but I've also used the French vanilla, Dark chocolate and Chocolate Fudge. For dinner I have a whole can of Progresso Southwestern Vegetable Soup. I put it in the blender and liquefy it. I add some Cajun seasoning and its filling and satisfying. For dessert I have a cup of SF Jello. For a night snack I'll have another EAS shake and a SF Popsicle. In between, I just drink ice water. I've been averaging 68 grams of Protein and roughly 600 calories a day. I've lost 8.6 pounds in 6 days. I wish I'd started the liquid diet sooner.

You may want to examine the reason why you had the sushi---and address it.....BUT don't beat yourself up over it.....make it a learning experience, and move on.

We are in it for the long hall, and 2 weeks is nothing, it's temporary.....you can do it....I'm right there with ya!

And about the coworkers..... :angry: ....ignore them.....go somewhere else at lunch time.....you don't need anyone bringing you down.....this is challenging enough as it is.

Glad you got your head back in the game.....and if sushi (or something else) calls your name.....go for a walk, call a friend, play a game of cards/solitaire.....just focus on something else......of course, you could always blog your frustration on VST.....we're here for ya!

You CAN DO THIS! I'm Day 8 of my 2-week pre-op diet and slowly but surely I *think* it's getting easier :) Maybe it's just mind over matter, but I've GOT to do this. You can't beat yourself up over making the incorrect choices for one meal. That is in the past. Move forward and visualize your goal of being a fitter, healthier person!

I can't tell you how many times I have *almost* slipped...I have caught myself reaching for candy, only to remember just as my fingers were about to touch it. Could I have snuck it and shoved it in my mouth and had no one know? Absolutely. But *I* would have known and more importantly, my body would have known. Two nights ago my family had mac and cheese with dinner and I actually put an entire fork full in my mouth and was chewing before realizing what I was doing...the old me would have just swallowed it and went on with my life. The new me ran to the trash and very un-lady like'ish spit it in to the trash. It's mind over matter, and for once in my life I'm winning this game. You can too :)

I totally understand how you feel...im stuck on a pre op diet for a whole month and a half...i get Protein Shakes, 1 green salad with low carb dressing plus sugar free popsicles, sugar free Jello and sugar free flavoured Water and Soup broth...yummy right? Its tough..i barely made it by yesterday...i was starving all day long...today is day 3...point is: i love love love sushi to death...BUT...we gotta do this...we need that surgery to go as good as possible and that means following drs orders even if it sounds contridictory to other drs pre op diets..there is a reason why they put us on one....in my humble opinion..if nothing else..the pre op diet will prepare you for new eating habits after surgery and a new found mental control over cravings..you can do this! Everytime you see a co worker waving food in your face just picture the doctor saying "you cant have surgery cause your liver is too big"....also say to yourself "i am healthier without all that junk"

Omg guys thank u so much!! I feel so much stronger after reading all your replies! :D I was having a weak moment and now I feel so much stronger and actually see myself finishing this two weeks and changing my eating habits after surgery.. I can't wait August 8th here I come! :D

Just know that there's a whole sisterhood/brotherhood rooting for you here. I am a week into it and I have to take naps every day plus I am sleeping for about 10-12 hours a day! Normally I need about 6 hours of sleep so this is a LOT. My brain is not working at after 3 pm so I'm waking up earlier to get my work done. It's not easy. I'm not hungry but the tired, sleepy, fuzzy is being difficult for me.

We're all prepping for a new life. We will make mistakes. We just have to get back on the plan as fast as we can.

I am glad I am not the only one fighting cravings! It is not even that I am that physically hungry on the pre-op diet, it is just the mental cravings. I decided when I have cravings to exercise first and then I am learning to crochet after I have worked out for the day. At this rate I may have a blanket or scarf for everyone on this site by the time I am done lol.

Today is day 10 for me. I can honestly say, I have no real cravings any more. Mine is Clear Liquids with 1-3 Protein Drinks. I usually only have 1 or 2. Love my Jello tho. Lol. Just keep your eye on the prize!

Omg guys thank u so much!! I feel so much stronger after reading all your replies! :D I was having a weak moment and now I feel so much stronger and actually see myself finishing this two weeks and changing my eating habits after surgery.. I can't wait August 8th here I come! :D

Pre op diet is tough. Harder if you don't have support. I am in day 8, and I just do it 1 day at a time. You can't go back and correct what you did yesterday, and tomorrow is not here yet. 1 day at a time. You can do this! Good luck, and keep posting. We are all here for the same reason. PS: Your co-workers are not your friends, or they would be concerned and helping you through this journey.