Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I HAVE COME FULL CIRCLE! I HAVE EVLOVED!

1. Good Morning Everyone.. I wanted to share a post with you. I have two Facebook accounts, of course 1 for my WLS and my everybody account!! I posted this on my Everybody account last night.. Yesterday I turned a year older!!! This is a new year, new, plans, new goals, and I’m living in the new me. I have come FULL CIRCLE and I am Free!!! This post is long but Have a Wonderful Hump Day!!!!

Hi Every...one!!!! So again I will say a lot of folks wont see or read this and I'm ok with that.. I wanted to let you all know that earlier this year I made a very profound statement on my Facebook page about myself, here is another one.. 1 year ago Yesterday 7/16/13. I made a decision that would change my life forever.. A lot of you know that I had been sick for a long time, it had gotten to a point that I thought Slick would find me dead lying next to him. My sickness had gotten that bad. Although I had a few people that would check on me and Slick during that time, the support needed was not there by many.. Anyway, during March of last year when I was finally diagnosed with my illness, I also decided to have weight loss surgery. I started telling people that I thought would be in my corner and stand by my side but instead was slapped in the face person after person when I would tell them even family members. I had phones hung up in my face, people stopped calling, others would say why when you can lose the weight on your own.. If you had seen me and or if you knew that I was very sick you would have know that it was out of my own hands to do it alone. You would also know that for years I had been trying very hard to lose the weight on my own. I had been on bed rest for months!!!! I was very offended by all of the negative responses that I was receiving from friends and family that I completely shut down. I stopped telling people.. I told less than 6 people... Folks was more concerned about me not losing weight on my own than they were that I could barely move, breath, or take care of myself and was near deaf. It was Just me and Slick!!! On 7/16/13... I had weight loss surgery!! I also lost a lot of friends and family along the way.. I slowly started posting pics here and there and when someone would ask me how did you loss or how are you losing weight, I would say, "high Protein, low carb, no sodas, no sweets, no alcohol, etc..." these were and are still all true but I left out the weight loss surgery part... I am at a place in my life now that as I said in my previous profound post, you can either be on my bus or not.. But I didn't do this for Vanity reasons, If you really knew me, you would know I did it to live.. I have a 2 year old Granddaughter that I could not play with, a family that I could not hang out with.. a husband that I could not take care of.. I Can do all those things now and so much More... I'm living NOW!!! I am Very Happy, I have lots of Energy!! I'm Stronger than before!!! I'm 122lbs lighter!!! I work out 5-7 days a week, I have done several 5k's and I'm running when I was told that I would NEVER run again. I have told quite a few people since and I felt that it was time for me to let you all know.. I did this for me and my Family no one else.. It was time to put me 1st.. For years I have taken care of others and I was the one dying.. I'm loving and living life at the age of 40!!! and Next April I will be running my 1st Half Marathon!!! I am ALIVE!!! and I LOVE ME!!

post-33580-13813667822122_thumb.jpg

I too am hearing I am taking the easy way out. I beg to differ, this decision is not easy, and is very hard to maintain. My health has declined and at 41 I have high BP high cholesterol,and borderline diabetes, and now after my test sleep apnea. To the naked eye, I appear to look " chunky" not overweight I wear it well, I have been told. The bottom line is, it is your life and you did what was best for you. You look amazing, I hope I look that good in a year :rolleyes:

Great job .. I have heard it all but 6months out and met two of my goals 100 pounds in 6 months and in the 100s .. Those same ones are now supportive but I feel good and I kno u do and ur beautiful

You look great!

I also have been told by family and friends that "you don't need surgery, you are not that fat". Well, I have decided that I do need the surgery. I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea, painful knees to the point that I have a difficult time walking at times. My own father is against me having the surgery. Thank God for my husband. He is a great guy and very supportive. He said that if my family makes change my mind that he would kick in the a**. I am on month four of six for diet supervised my PCP. I go Friday for weigh in number 5. Everything else is done. Just waiting for another four weeks and then we can submit to insurance. Keep up the good work and you are an inspiration to others.

Great story!!! Congratulations!

You look fab! Good for you. It amazes me when I hear that people are so judgemental about the surgery. While that has not been my experience it breaks my heart to hear others going through that.

Good for you for thinking of your health. The sad reality is that people get used to us the way we are. They worry, get jealous, etc. and that comes out in their hurtful comments.

You've gained your life back and that is exactly what you wanted!

Wow!!! Look at you! You look amazing! Congratulations on your success and your health. I'm so happy for you!

You look amazing! Very inspirational. Thank you doe sharing.

You look wonderful! 40? No efffin way!

1. Good Morning Everyone.. I wanted to share a post with you. I have two Facebook accounts, of course 1 for my WLS and my everybody account!! I posted this on my Everybody account last night.. Yesterday I turned a year older!!! This is a new year, new, plans, new goals, and I’m living in the new me. I have come FULL CIRCLE and I am Free!!! This post is long but Have a Wonderful Hump Day!!!!

Hi Every...one!!!! So again I will say a lot of folks wont see or read this and I'm ok with that.. I wanted to let you all know that earlier this year I made a very profound statement on my Facebook page about myself, here is another one.. 1 year ago Yesterday 7/16/13. I made a decision that would change my life forever.. A lot of you know that I had been sick for a long time, it had gotten to a point that I thought Slick would find me dead lying next to him. My sickness had gotten that bad. Although I had a few people that would check on me and Slick during that time, the support needed was not there by many.. Anyway, during March of last year when I was finally diagnosed with my illness, I also decided to have weight loss surgery. I started telling people that I thought would be in my corner and stand by my side but instead was slapped in the face person after person when I would tell them even family members. I had phones hung up in my face, people stopped calling, others would say why when you can lose the weight on your own.. If you had seen me and or if you knew that I was very sick you would have know that it was out of my own hands to do it alone. You would also know that for years I had been trying very hard to lose the weight on my own. I had been on bed rest for months!!!! I was very offended by all of the negative responses that I was receiving from friends and family that I completely shut down. I stopped telling people.. I told less than 6 people... Folks was more concerned about me not losing weight on my own than they were that I could barely move, breath, or take care of myself and was near deaf. It was Just me and Slick!!! On 7/16/13... I had weight loss surgery!! I also lost a lot of friends and family along the way.. I slowly started posting pics here and there and when someone would ask me how did you loss or how are you losing weight, I would say, "high Protein, low carb, no sodas, no sweets, no alcohol, etc..." these were and are still all true but I left out the weight loss surgery part... I am at a place in my life now that as I said in my previous profound post, you can either be on my bus or not.. But I didn't do this for Vanity reasons, If you really knew me, you would know I did it to live.. I have a 2 year old Granddaughter that I could not play with, a family that I could not hang out with.. a husband that I could not take care of.. I Can do all those things now and so much More... I'm living NOW!!! I am Very Happy, I have lots of Energy!! I'm Stronger than before!!! I'm 122lbs lighter!!! I work out 5-7 days a week, I have done several 5k's and I'm running when I was told that I would NEVER run again. I have told quite a few people since and I felt that it was time for me to let you all know.. I did this for me and my Family no one else.. It was time to put me 1st.. For years I have taken care of others and I was the one dying.. I'm loving and living life at the age of 40!!! and Next April I will be running my 1st Half Marathon!!! I am ALIVE!!! and I LOVE ME!!

You look fantabulous!!!!! Congratulations, the new us is fun, wonderful, exciting. Are we lucky??!!!!! Have a great day!

Congratulations on getting your life back!!

You look really great.

Two medical people who were doing my pre-surgical testing both said to me, "Are you sure you want to do this? You aren't that big." I felt like screaming, "You live with a 100 extra pounds for a while then talk to me!" This is definitely not the easy way out. But at least it WORKS. As the OP has clearly proven. You look fantastic and I bet you feel great! Good for you! So inspired.

Thanks!

Amen!!