Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

"You can change your life for the rest of your live, starting today, if you really want to."

That's how it starts. I went in for my fill today and the doc gave me this article. Kind of ... shook me up. I've lost a lot for 4 months into this thing, but he said he's disappointed because I seem to have lost some of the energy I had when I first came to his office. I almost cried. It's true though - I have been promoted, am traveling with work, busting my ass at the job, not to mention being a single mother. I gotta do better though.

I want to scan this article for you guys - it's just about recentering yourself and getting back to basics regarding exercise. I see a few of us are struggling a bit now.

I also found the band exercises and the stability ball exercises - I'll scan and post those, too. I just need to figure out how to do it...

My May goal is to lose 15 pounds. That puts me down around 230. I need to focus and get on the good foot. *sigh*

Heading to bed. It's gonna be an early morning tomorrow!

later, gators!

Nat

SASSY....sounds like you got a good fill! YEAH!! Congrats!

BK....glad you are over your stomach bug!

KAY...you're just now having your first PB!?? You lucky girl! I, unfortunately, have had it happen a few times b/c I still apparently learned how to keep my big trap shut and take smaller bites! ugh...it does suck, but at least it makes you stop eating for a while! lol

STEPH....I'll definitely keep you posted on things w/the new guy! Unfortunately I haven't heard from him since Sat. when I replied to his email, but I know he had a big project launching this week so I figure he's just not thinking about it. He also may be putting off a 'date' until he's had a chance to talk to me more in a group setting since we have a wine group happy hour next week!

Congrats on the NSV Compliment at work!! I still have not had anyone who didn't know I had surgery comment on my weight loss, but oh well...I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for me!

I go first thing in the AM for my 3rd fill w/my new fill Dr. I've heard she's very good and personable, although I wished I could do it under fluoro, I think it'll be ok! I'll report back once it's done!

NAT...Good to see you!!! I would LOVE to see those docs you got today! I know I definitely need them! You can upload them into our yahoo group and make them available in the files section :)

BMAN and ANNIE....It'll soon be Friday and hopefully you'll get a break!

Have a good week everyone!

Hey guys!

Nat - glad you got your fill and some good articles - I'd love to see them!

Kirsten - let me know how your fill goes in the morning! Mine is at 4:15 PST so 7:15pm for most of you guys!

Gotta run, more later... :)

It ok Nat. Ive been completely out of focus for the past month. I seriously have derailed (mentally) when it comes to watching my eating and exercise. Ive been running or weight lifting every night for the past 5 days though. I am trying to watch my calories closely again.

I think I lost some muscle this last month. So, I have a feeling while I build it back and get back on track the scale might not be moving.

It is my own fault. If I wasnt so stuck thinking about the past, I'd be alot better off. Tonight was a horrible night. Let me give you the short version.

I found a hidden folder in my computer... left there by my husband. It contained pictures of more than a dozen women. Women that he'd done this to before me. (lied to and used them) He keeps their pictures.

He had a file for me in there right next to all of them.

It was sickening. I sat there for an hour telling myself that I already knew he was sick, maipulative, and dishonest. BUT I couldnt believe that this file had been right there in front of me... he'd put it there a month after he'd moved here to be with me. It's been there for more than a year. I never saw it. He was so cruel. He had to have left it there for me to see. It is almost as thought he was proud of what he could do... and how he could just get away with it.

I finally admitted I was not alright... called my mom... broke down.

Of couse, I pulled myself back together. But the images of all those poor women are burned into my mind. And there I was... one of them.

Wish there was a way to forget what I know... what I've experienced... what I've seen.

And I wonder why weight loss is some times secondary in my life....

VA - Yea, my concern is I might have too good of a fill. I can't eat ANYTHING! I know I'll lose weight now.

Hopefully this will put me on the track i need to be on! i'm going to bed, ladies.

~Sassy

Brandi you poor poor girl you need to go on Dr. Phil and put this jerk pic out there to save poor women and to get much needed counseling

I am praying for you

sassy glad to hear u are doing good

you too nat you will meet your may goal you can do it

steph that is awesome double takes are always nice

yesterday was my little man bday he is six we are having evil birthday party this weekend wish us luck

((((Brandi)))) so sorry to hear about the jerk! The good thing about all of this is that he's GONE! I know it hurts and it'll take time to completely heal but HE IS GONE! You are beautiful, young, funny, smart, and successful - you'll have a good life.

Whats going on with us? Did we have a 4 month stall or something? Geesh! I'm with all of you, I still haven't lost a pound this past month! But I'm determined to get back to it!

Brandi - oh my goodness, I'm sorry you found that on the computer but I agree with Steph - if he's that bad, I'm glad he's out of your life. While it's so impossible to believe now, THINGS WILL GET BETTER and you'l be happier in the future than you've ever been in your past. You're strong, smart, and adorable - you WILL get through this and it'll all be good! I know it!

Good Morning Lovely Bandster Ladies!!!

*PHEW*....Glad to know I'm not the only one who lost steam this month! So....we all ready to GET BACK TO IT!??? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!

So....I went for my 3rd fill this am w/my NEW Fill Dr...(a Woman Dr. who also has been banded) and she told me 2 things that kind of surprised me!

1) My type of Birth Control Pill can affect my tightness b/c I have the BC pill that has 3 levels of hormones and she said I should switch to one that just has one consistent level....Interesting!

2) She also told me I have a band that only holds 4CCs!!! I thought I had a band that Held the 10CCs, but apparently I have the 10cm Band that only holds 4ccs, not the other way around! So I must have misunderstood my surgeon when he said the number 10! Needless to say, I was a bit freaked out b/c I thought I had a lot more leeway as far as fills go, but it turns out I don't!! I'm now at 3.50 CCs in my 4.0 BAND! UGH!!! That means this one better kick in!! Although I do think its going to be tight, but like SASSY said, that's not such a bad thing is it?

BMAN....I'm so sorry to hear about your EX....I remember how devastated I was when I found out my Ex had been cheating on me w/a woman he worked with and who I had Babysat her kids for!! UGH....It sucks...MEN SUCK sometimes....but Just be thankful that you found out and are able to live your life w/out that kind of person in it! Now is the time to focus on you girl!! Be the BEST YOU YOU CAN BE!! (then rub it in his face of course! LOL).

NAT...happy B.day to your little man!! I hope you're not having the party at your house! ;-)

ANNIE....Let us know how your fill goes!! I think mine is pretty tight....but I haven't had anything but Water yet, so we'll have to see when it comes time to actually eat!

Hope you have have a great Bandster Day.....WE CAN DO THIS!!!

Kirsten - I'm on the same type of BC - three levels. I'll ask my fill nurse what she thinks of it, too, when I go in later today!

<p><p>BEV- LOVE YA !!! THINGS WILL COME BACK TO NORMAL . YOU WILL FIND SOMEONE THAT VALUES YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE AND THAT IS AN AWSOME BEAUTIFUL PERSON INSIDE AND OUT. !!!! TAKE CARE JUST THINK OF THE FUTURE AND YOUR SELF NOT ANYONE ELSE . YOU BE OK WE ARE HERE WITH YOU

BK- HOPE YOUR DOING GOOD?

FOR ALL THE BEAUTIFUL LADYS HOLAAAAAA!! I AGREE APRIL WAS NOT OUR MONTH AND WE NEED TO STICK TO IT AND ACCOMPLISH OUR GOALS ON A MONTHLY BASIS NO SLACKING OFF AND WE HAVE TO BE READY TO GO . ( I NEED TO TAKE DOES WORDS TO THE HEART READ YOU LATER JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN BEEN HAVING LITTLE HEART PROBLEMS LOL YOU ALL KNOW WHY BUT ITS MAY AND NEED TO LOOK FORWARD TO GOING AGAIN TO CHICAGO IN AUG . YAY!! I NEED TO LOOSE 100 POUNDS BY THEN LMAO! JIJIJIJIJ LOL

TAKE CARE CAUSE I CARE OK LADIES

OH MY BEST FRIEND HAD LAPBAND SURGERY TODAY SO SHE MIGHT JOIN US OR MAYBE NOT BUT I ALWAYS TELL HER ABOUT HOW BEAUTIFUL YOU ARE.

SHE MY COMPETITION NOW SO NEED TO GET GOING LOL

CLAU

Hi guys!

So Kirsten, my fill went good, too! I got just another 0.2cc's bringing my total to 2.9cc's. I can certainly feel the Water going down now! I hope I don't end up tightening up!

I did ask the nurse about the BCP and she said it is all individual, and there are some people who get tighter with the different phases of the three phase BCP. She said if I wasn't having a problem not to worry, so for now I won't! :)

Anyhow, just wanted to check in quickly... gotta run! Hope all my ladies are doing well! Nat mentioned her May goal, does anyone else have one? Mine is to lose more than 10 lbs and workout 20+ times in May - it'll be tough with a business trip in the middle of the month!

Monday - did 50 crunches, 40 push ups... 15 mintues of weight training

Tuesday - ran one mile

Wednesday - Ran another mile tonight. Did 100 crunches, 50 push ups... and an additional 30 minutes of weight training on my upper body.

My May goal is to run no less than 5-6 miles a week. I am very close to running a full mile now (without walking). I would like to build my endurance up until I can run the full thing.

I would like to lose an additional 10lbs if possible and build up my muscle mass.

I think I am going to go buy myself another elliptical machine this weekend. I am canceling my gym membership and I am going to go back to what was working for me. Kicking my own ass at home each night.

Morning Ladies!

Ok, so I just want to say this and Im goin back to bed! Hehe..

Before this fill, I now realize, that I had NO restriction. I misunderstood food gettin stuck for restriction. I was wondering why my weightloss was soooooo ultra UBER slow but now I know! Now I can't eat much of anything AT ALL! Anywho, Im happy to say I'm doing a lot better and looking better as well! Hope all is well with everyone! Electricity's been out since 8ish lastnight from the storm and is still kinda in and out so I'm going back to bed. Have a great day aand I will talk to you good ppl later!

~Sassy

My fill is working like a mug! (remember when people used to say "like a mug?") Anyhow, I have to sip slowly, otherwise liquids get backed up. JUST LIKE WHEN I WAS FIRST BANDED! I'm hoping that this was the tightening I needed. No more gobbling steaks and other junk. I went for a walk yesterday w/my little one. I felt really good about myself, too. We'll do it again today - except I'll put his little busy butt in the stroller instead of letting him walk, too.

Yesterday was SUCH a stressful day. I'll have to tell you about it in Yahoo, since I don't like to post work details on the open net. Needless to say, people have lost their damn minds. I'm most proud of myself for not self-soothing with chocolate. (laugh)

It's MAY you guys! Shit. By month's end I better be closer to 230 than to 235. And I better be one size smaller.

Claudia - how are you doing, baby girl? I'm so sorry your friend wasn't honest with you. I have been there. It's heartbreaking and hurtful and so incredibly unnecessary. I hope you're feeling better.

JillyJill - how's your little diva? I was thinking about her yesterday as I was walking with the little man. How are YOU doing? Has she healed up?

Steph - That email made me howl. I'm not kidding - I had tears in my eyes! I'm going to send that to my girlfriend at work, but not through work email servers. Way to go on the NSV. No one has said "you look skinny" to me in a while. That's cuz I haven't lost shit and am looking fat again. LOL

Annie - I love your May goal. I'm right there with you. I have to be a bit more stringent with my May goal. No sugar, no alcohol. And yes, I'd love to exercise 20 or more times this month. Additionally, I have GOT to get back to journaling my food intake, Water intake and exercise output, planning EVERYTHING ahead of time.

VaB - I'll get one of my people to scan these articles for me today/tomorrow. Posting them in the FILES section of the Yahoo group is a good idea. "I CAN'T HEAR YOU" made me giggle. YES WE ARE! ((laughing)) bk's boy had the b'day. My DS's b'day is in June. And no, we'll not be celebrating here at my place! LOL

bk my love - how are you doing? How's the tummy? How's the job? How's the hubby? What are you doing for the boy's b'day? I was thinking of themes for my son's b'day in June, but have no idea. Personally I thought Happy Feet would be cute, but.... we'll see.

B'Man - Ooooh, honeybunch. I wish I could make it all better for you. Purge that mofo from your life, and take time to heal and cry and mourn and believe that you won't always be affected by his memory. One day he'll mean nothing to you. Way to go on running a full mile - you can run farther than I can! Last week at the hotel, I ran on the treadmill - 3 minutes. I thought I was going to pass the fuggout. ((laughing)) I also decided not to join a gym yet. I am going to kick my own butt on this elliptical and get back into the swing of exercise.

Sassy - Glad you got your fill! Can you tell a difference? How do you feel? What did the doctor say? I have also found that it helps to lie... er, exaggerate when you talk to your surgeon about needing a fill. "I'm hungry ALL THE TIME." "I Can eat a full loaf of bread." LOL "I sucked down a filet for dinner." I hope this one helps you!

Okay - it's 6:30 and it's definitely time for me to get up and get moving. UGH gotta work again today. I feel like I have to put on a suit of armor to go to work now. It's like a warzone.

Hope I didn't miss anyone - love you guys! Stay tuned for articles!

N.