Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Steady losers ;-)

I can't believe you guys don't get enough calories. I wish I had that problem. I really dont' know what could cause Hair loss - maybe your just shedding the winter coat. Ok not funny.

Steph, I didn't have any problem getting calories in before my last fill or two. I'm just not hungry! When I do eat, I'm trying to follow the bandster rules as much as possible so I get full easy/quickly, since I'm usually eating solid Protein and produce. I've actually switched to eat more fruits than veggies as they often have the same nutrient content but more calories due to natural sugars. (Plus I *totally* prefer fruits! Never been a veggie girl)

Yeah, I dont have trouble eating either... I am just never hungry. I literally have to make it a point to MAKE myself eat. And Ive been eating higher calorie foods when I do to make sure i get enough. I drink 3 or 4 glasses of 2% milk... which before would have been too much... but now it helps me get enough calories in. I love milk. Plus it helps me get my Calcium.

That is good to hear... that this just happens. I wont worry so much anymore. :-)

STEPH!! HAHAHA Shedding my winter coat... hehe... that cracked me up.

Oooh, I like the idea of more milk to get calories in (also a touch of Protein with that good ol' calcium!) - I should be doing that anyway! Thanks Brandi!

Steph, you crack me up! :bolt: I just picture a big furry dog shaking itself and seeing the fur flying... :)

I am green with envy of the thought of just not being hungry. I truly don't feel that way.

To be honest, I am not usually stomach growling hungry, but I never feel totally satisfied either. I used to, but even since my first fill, I don;t have that same post surgery feeling where I just didn't want to eat. Man, I miss those days.

I have not been tracking my intake so I am back to that as of this week. I work out a lot and usually make the best choices nutritionally, but I need to focus in on what is going on and figure out why I am at a stand still. I know I will break through it. I feel good right now regardless...better than I have felt in years, but I do miss when the weight was leaping off of me!

I had that golfball in the chest last night when I was having dinner. chicken Marsala and broccoli. I thought I was chewing enough but something must have slipped by. MAN that is not comfy. I need to cut my food smaller too to be sure I don't subconciously swallow something too big. This has only happened maybe 3 times, but it is not fun. I have yet to PB and hope I never have to, but this golfball feeling makes me think I would not want another fill because if I were tighter, would it happen more often???? Anyone have an ideas?

Good to be here and catching up with everyone. I forgot how much I counted on you all and missed you!!!!!

Kay, totally glad you're back!

I did get the golfball more frequently after the last fill, but I'm using that as more of a learning experience to chew better/take smaller bites - don't use that as a reason not to get a fill!

If you're still getting hungry you may need just a touch more fill - the whole point of the band is to get to that sweet spot where you're just not hungry - sounds like you're almost there!

Glad you feel so good!!! Isn't that the best feeling??

Kay I agree with Annie. Don't let the golf ball feeling keep you from a fill. Its from not chewing properly. The ONE time I PB'd I had that same feeling but 100x worse and when I spit it out I could see it was one big chunk that I hadn't chewed. If I don't take the time to eat I get a slight stuck (golfball) feeling but then I stop, sit my food down, do something else for a couple minutes then go back to eating and chew chew chew.

I think I'm almost to the sweetspot but not quite. Like today I ate a piece of cheese, 99% ff ham and a sweet pickle rolled up (yeah I like it that way and it doesn't have extra carbs and it fills me up) that was at 9 am, at 11 I was hungry and by 12 I had to eat a Protein bar - I'm at work and it was in my desk - I took my time and it probably took me 1/2 hour or more to eat it but here it is not quite 1:30 and I'm getting hungry already. So I know my fill isn't working as much as it should be. I hope my next one will get me to that spot that Brandi and Annie are at.

Ok - I had a compliment today. Someone noticed!!! The member here who signs checks was in today and I was eating my Protein Bar and she said Steph are you losing weight? I said yeah I am. And she said she was going to say something the last time she saw me but didn't - she said she could really tell in my face. So that was nice. I'm glad someone is noticing who doesn't know I had my band. I didn't tell her I got banded - I just said I'm eating less, measuring my food and tracking my calories, and working out 1/2 hour a day. None of it was a lie - just not the whole truth.

Still at work so I better get back to work.

Brandi - glad you are getting those calories with milk. You'll be glad you drank it when you're my age. I'm only 45 and already have bone loss.

Thanks for the replies! I see what you are saying. I guess I took that golfball feeling as a sign that I had enough restriction but it makes sense that it would mean that I am not taking the time to chew my food better. I definitely don't think I eat as slowly as I should. And while some days I cannot eat much, there are other days (most) where I could keep eating and eating but force myself not to. I guess I need another fill.

I have not lost a single pound since my first fill. BUMMER! As a matter of fact, that was the last time I lost anything and that was an February. ho-hum. I keep plugging along and I back to tracking my calories for a bit so I can try to figure out where I am going wrong.

Thanks again.

I have the exercise down..I am a machine!!! haha.

Steph-congrats on the compliment. Doesn't it feel great? I don't get them as often as I would like, but I do get them a bit. Sometimes I am surprised when people don;t notice or don't say anything but they weren't commenting when I was gaining either so what should I expect?

Hey all I got my second fill today .5 cc

I now have 1.5 cc in my band

I am very mad my doc stopped accepting my insurance with no notice so I must hunt a new doc or be forced to pay 400 dollars for a fill and weigh In I do not think so

Kay sorry to hear about the golfball feeling that sucks i know

how many cc do yall have my band is a 9.75 with 1.5 cc

hope this fill last a while I am on liquids till thurs and then mushies

I assume you have the 9.75mm band that holds 4cc's.

I have a 10mm band that also holds 4cc's - I'm at I think 2.5cc's now. Went up to 2.7, was too tight, down to 2.5. I may go get 0.1cc's more... But everyone's stomach varies, so someone may need no fill/tiny fills to get restriction while others struggle to get restriction at 4cc's! ;)

Hi Ladies!!! Checkin in here...see you've all been busy chatting away today while I was hard at work ;)

About the Hair loss thing....about 2 weeks ago, I had some more-than-usual hair coming out in my brush and hands....but I have no idea why! I think I get plenty of Protein (especially after seeing Stephs post about getting too much, thanks for posting!), so maybe it is b/c of the rapid weight loss thing??

As for Hunger...I can usually go 3 hrs no problem w/out eating, however, sometimes if food is there, I will eat it just b/c......So I think we're supposed to be able to last about 4 hrs before feeling hunger so I realize I may not be at my sweet spot, but I'm definitely getting closer!!

Steph...you told me to get a fill sooner rather than later, well, I had bought my plane ticket to go to CO and get a fill w/my surgeon on May 4th, and when I called to make my appt today was told he won't be IN that ONE DAY!!! ARGH.....I totally should have checked before I booked my flight!! So now I think I am going to break down and switch to a Local Dr. who charges $150 a fill, but at least I will be able to go in whenever I need to and they'll do my first fill w/them under fluro!! So hopefully I can get in w/them in about a week or two, after I get them copies of my medical file. Luckily I can re-book my ticket and go out there this summer and just enjoy a weekend w/my sister!!

Kirsten - I think you're doing the right thing. $150 for the fill and how much did you spend on the airline ticket? Sorry it didn't work out.

My band holds 10cc's and I have 5 cc's - but I have a feeling I'm down again. Like I said I'm not staying sated for 3-4 hours - more like 2. But I think I'm getting close to the sweet spot.

Bk I can't believe they charge $400! Holy Cow!

Kay I also can't believe with all that exercise you haven't lost anything! You must just be a total muscle mama. I still plug away at my 30 minutes on the slave machine.

Today my daughter had a track meet - so with all the walking from event to event I got an extra 2 miles in. Woohoo!

gotsta to watch idol!

My plane ticket was only $180 so its not that much of a difference, plus I get to see my sister ;) But....I think the convenience of being able to go on my lunch hour will be worth it!

I'm off to watch Idol too....Sanjaya has GOT To go this week!!

sanjaya's hair omigod

I am not sure why he is still here don't like him at all

I am also not a big Hailey fan I feel she is not up to standards as the others

thanks for telling how many cc's yall have

I hope this fill last lord knows I need it too

I agree Sanjaya has to go - I can't believe he's made it this long. I think it'll be between Lakisha and Melinda but I really like Blake. I think Haley is the prettiest and she has a sweet voice but its not up to the others standards thats for sure. I thought Gina did really well last night. I think the guys will be the ones to go first - except for Blake - then it'll be Haley and Gina....

Kirsten I probably would have opted for a day with my sister too. But it'll be nice being able to get a fill when you need it without having to wait. So do you think you'll get one before May now that you're going local? When you go to Colo. don't you have to pay for your fill, or is it covered? I just got a bill for my last fluro - $15. I can handle it. I don't know what he'll charge today since I'm getting it done in the office. No barium - that stuff is nasty - but at least it gives peace of mind when you see the band is still in place and stuff.

I've had this gallon of paint sitting on the steps waiting for me to paint the guest room for a few weeks now... I keep putting it off - guess I better do it today. I go back to work full time next week so I'm not going to have the time - or want to do it then.

Happy Hump Day.