Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks post op...now what?

Ok so I am now 6 weeks post opt and kinda lost. I have no NUT. My hubby who was sleeved at the same time is still in the hospital with a leak. Any suggestions on food? Can you guys post a sample menu for the day? I am just hungry. Idk if it is stress. Thank God I feel okay but I am terrified my mistakes will catch up with me. Also, I am nursing my 9 month old...thanks :-(

My 6 week diet is normal food. If you haven't started soft foods yet start those first. Slowly try one new thing at a time and see how your stomach does. That is my nuts advise. So sorry about your husband I hope he's doing better.

I am eating normal food. But I feel like I'm either not eating the right food or not eating eating enough food. The food that I handle best is soft Pasta but there is no Protein in that at all. I just wanted to see some samples of what you guys eat through the day. I feel totally lost and am having a hard time trusting my doc's plan bc of what happened to my husband. 22 days in the hospital so far due to leak. I am also terrified that they will find one in me. We got sleeved same day and by same doctor.

I eat a lot of cheese, turkey, eggs (scrambled with ham or egg salad), some fruit, half of piece of toast or 3 triscuits if I have a serving of bread, corn beef hash, ham salad made with feta and a tiny bit of mayo, Protein Shake in the morning. . I'm still figuring it out and having a hard time getting Protein in but my calorie in take is 400-500 with about 50 grams of protein. I meet with my nutritionist in 2 weeks. I haven't tried Pasta, rice, nuts or too many veggies.

tuna, low fat cottage cheese, turkey chili with cheese. eggs, egg salad, avocado, chicken salad. cheese sticks, cheese slices. I go for low fat, I don't do Pasta, bread, rice, corn, potatoes, I try and stay away from starchy foods. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast every morning. then snack, lunch, snack, dinner, another snack if I am low on my Protein. Good luck and I hope your husband is better soon.

my newest fave is turkey and swiss cheese omelet. Of course it was 2 meals, but something different. I was wanting a turkey melt off the menu and ask if they could make me an omelet instead since I don't do bread...OMG it was yummy. Even the waitress thought it sounded good and said she might get it put on the menu.

I am also 6 weeks post op. I eat sallads, youghurts, a little meat if it´s moist and juicy, fruits, cottage cheese etc. I can´t eat bread, fried food, spicy food etc. To sum it up. Good stuff goes in the stomach and bad stuff don´t. I do however drink coffee and I also have the occational glass of white wine. Life is good! Btw, I certanly hope your husband will be ok. How is he? What happened?

The foods suggested above are all great. Focus on proteind FIRST, then fruits and veggies, only last (and a very little) Pasta type carbs. Consider getting "The Big Book of the Gastric Sleeve". Discusses NUT stuff in there!

Agree with others Protein always first.

greek yogurt, refried Beans, tuna or egg salad, fish, low fat string cheese or other low fat cheeses including cottage cheese.

So sorry about your hubby:(

Hope he's back soon. I have a friend who also had a leak:(

I'm 3 weeks post op, and can eat pretty much anything, as long as I chew it well. No fresh fruits or veggies, only frozen or canned. NO nuts or popcorn, no rice, bread or Pasta. But anything else is good. I pretty much only eat Protein at this point. I have 2 Protein Shakes daily, for a total of 60g of protein. Then usually a greek yogurt or scrambled egg for breakfast. lunch and dinner is usually Soup, turkey meatballs, cottage cheese, tuna or fish.

I can eat whatever I want at just under six weeks but you probably are hungry and need more food because of the nursing. It burns a lot of calories.

Hi,

I'm 8 weeks post-op. I've lost over 35 pounds. This is my typical day of eating:

1/2 cup of coffee with 1/2 cup of reduced calorie vanilla soy milk

cottage cheese with some peaches

baby bel cheese

tuna fish with just mayo

a few slices of cucumber a few cherry tomatoes

greek yoguart

2 oz. chicken with cukes and cherry tom. or any other meat with a light sauce of something shrimp is wonderful as well.

If I don't get enough of Protein in the day--I drink a Protein shake or eat a bag of Protein chips...I bought these on line and do well.

I am drinking lactose milk now--never did that before this surgery. Always eat something and then I wait 30 minutes to start drinking again.....always get my 60 oz. of fluid/day.

Good luck.

This is exactly what I was asking for. I need ideas!!!!

At 6 weeks I moved to my normal texture food. I eat egg beaters, low fat cheese, turkey sticks, almonds, tuna salad, chicken, cottage cheese, some fruits and veggies, turkey pepperoni, black bean burgers, turkey smoked sausage, Canadian bacon, cheese sticks, laughing cow, Beans. Lots of stuff. Try to stay high portion, low carb, low sugar, low fat. I do have to eat some high Fiber fruits even with sugar/carbs so I can have regular BMa.

These are all great examples. My NUT says I should only be eating 1/4 cup of food at each of my 3 meals (2 Tbsp Protein, 2 Tbsp veg/fruit) and 2 Protein Shakes as Snacks btwn meals. That is really small amount of food. Sometimes I eat a couple extra bites if protein. But I do get full pretty quick. I'm 9 weeks out and 40 lbs down.