Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fiber help plesse

This is long, but I need help from the experts!

I had the sleeve 4/23/13 and did have some slight problems with Constipation at first. I started taking a capful of Miralax once a day with good success. The past 2 weeks have been pretty rough. I increased the Miralax to 2 capfuls daily with minimal results. I decided to move on to Milk of Magnesia which works, but it gives me horrible gas and diarrhea no matter the dose.

I'm 9 weeks out and I just don't have the room for Fiber rich foods yet because I'm trying to get my Protein first. I eat 3 meals daily with no snacking per my doctor's plan.

Twice I've had a Fiber One Bar with added protein, but these are just TOO good and I don't want to get in the habit of feeling like I'm eating a candy bar. I also don't want to snack in between meals. I've tried the Fiber One Cereal as well...again in between meals. It doesn't seem to be helping.

I've looked at Metamucil and similar products in the store, but they have artificial sweetners and I cannot tolerate them since surgery (pain and gas). I just bought some Exxlax and had 2 squares tonight. I'm hoping it will help, but I know I shouldn't have it long term.

If you have any suggestions on a more natural approach to increasing fiber without sacrificing my protein intake, I would appreciate it so much!

Fiber gummies?

Fiber ONE has ALWAYS blowed me up like babang............... I stay away from it...stick to your REAL protein...... CHOBANI yogurt....... .. stay away from the cereals most of the public buys... that is NOT what we need at this time...........probably never!!!!!!!!! .METAMUCIL sugar free, but you are not far enough from surgery,,,if you took a TBLSP with your yogurt, mix in and eat as quick as you can, as it will get thick.................a glass of Water, but beware, if you cannot drink enough water, you are only going to make it worse....... ,, my best buddy was MOM....... start with a tablespoon and work up....if it makes you RUN for the pot, so be it, it is BETTER than wishing you could ****...................also, LEMON FLAVORED COD LIVER OIL...........It does NOT taste bad at all, a touch of lemon........... This is also, one of my favorite things to help alleviate the BLOCKAGE............... Green bottle yellow lettering...........................

Fiber gummies?

I looked at those tonight, but they have those artificial flavors that give me gas, bloating and discomfort.

Have you tried Quest bars? 20 grams of Protein and 18 grams of fiber under 200 calories. You MIGHT still have the problem of them tasting too good, but maybe you can find a flavor that is "just ok" instead of SUPER DELICIOUS! Just make sure you drink a lot of Water before eating one because when you have extra fiber, you need extra Water to help push it through.

Another option is CHIA SEEDS... I like to dissolve a tablespoon or two in a fruity flavored drink (I do lemonade made with stevia, but you can do anything you want) and then I shake it every few minutes for 15 minutes so the chia seeds can hydrate and gel.

Fiber ONE has ALWAYS blowed me up like babang............... I stay away from it...stick to your REAL Protein...... CHOBANI yogurt....... .. stay away from the cereals most of the public buys... that is NOT what we need at this time...........probably never!!!!!!!!! .METAMUCIL SUGAR FREE' date='but you are not far enough from surgery,,,if you took a TBLSP with your yogurt, mix in and eat as quick as you can, as it will get thick.................a glass of Water, but beware, if you cannot drink enough Water, you are only going to make it worse....... ,, my best buddy was MOM....... start with a tablespoon and work up....if it makes you RUN for the pot, so be it, it is BETTER than wishing you could ****...................also, LEMON FLAVORED COD LIVER OIL...........It does NOT taste bad at all, a touch of lemon........... This is also, one of my favorite things to help alleviate the BLOCKAGE............... Green bottle yellow lettering...........................[/quote']

I bought the Fiber One Bar for the fiber and thought the added Protein wouldn't hurt. I agree with you on the real protein and I do get that first. The cereal...same thing, I wouldn't have touched it if I hadn't been so desperate (and ate it plain). I think I will stay away from the Metamucil for now. I also agree on the Milk of Mag...at least I'm going lol. I just don't want to get dependant on it. I think I'm going to check out that cod liver oil first thing tomorrow! I just ate a prune tonight too.

Have you tried Quest bars? 20 grams of Protein and 18 grams of fiber under 200 calories. You MIGHT still have the problem of them tasting too good' date=' but maybe you can find a flavor that is "just ok" instead of SUPER DELICIOUS! Just make sure you drink a lot of Water before eating one because when you have extra fiber, you need extra Water to help push it through.

Another option is CHIA SEEDS... I like to dissolve a tablespoon or two in a fruity flavored drink (I do lemonade made with stevia, but you can do anything you want) and then I shake it every few minutes for 15 minutes so the chia seeds can hydrate and gel.[/quote']

I've heard about the Quest bars while researching this topic and thought I should check them out. What flavors would you recommend? I'm going to check into those Chia seeds too. Where do you get them?

Get a store brand soluable fiber similar to Citrucel. The not flavored one. 2 tsp/3x day in water/milk/whatever. It has done just fine for me. I'm an every other day girl!

You can pick up Quest bars at GNC. I love ALL the flavors.... but coconut cashew is my favorite. I get my chia seeds at the farmer's market, but they are available in most grocery stores in the "natural" section.

First: what has your doc said?

Second:

We aren't eating near as much as we used to and so the amount coming out will be considerably less. Is all that MOM causing consistent diarrhea? If you flush everything out one day it seems as though it would take at least a day to fill up again.

I'm only 2+ weeks out and everything I have read here says that poops are a lot less. Now are ya not poopin' much or is it that the poop you would get with out the MOM rock solid or not coming out at all?

Try Fiber Well Weight Management gummies. The bottle says take two......that was to much for me so I take one a day. They are sugar free and awesome.

Found them at Walmart.< /p>

First: what has your doc said?

Second:

We aren't eating near as much as we used to and so the amount coming out will be considerably less. Is all that MOM causing consistent diarrhea? If you flush everything out one day it seems as though it would take at least a day to fill up again.

I'm only 2+ weeks out and everything I have read here says that poops are a lot less. Now are ya not poopin' much or is it that the poop you would get with out the MOM rock solid or not coming out at all?

I sent a message into the Dietitian today, but haven't heard back yet. Yes, it is consistent diarrhea every time I take it. There seems to be no happy medium. It is very difficult to get out without taking MOM and I mostly don't feel the urge. I could go several days without the urge. It is like my motility has decreased.