Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cheated on my post-op diet today...OMG! Will I die!?

Thank you so much for such awesome, insightful, compassionate, and informative responses! Trying to be good!

I'm one week post-op and get to go from Clear Liquids to full liquids for the next two weeks. As much as I disliked the Protein shakes pre-op, I can't wait to have one in the morning. I have been so damn hungry it's ridiculous. I have remained steadfast on the broth, Water, sugar-free popsicles, and just added Isopure clear drinks. I get in my 64 oz per day, but my stomach is growling constantly and have had a headache for days. I got off the painkillers in the hospital so I know it's not from those. I think I'm just freakin hungry! I truly didn't know if I could make it through the week, but I did it! Whew!

I see y'all have been talking about yogurt. That sounds so awesome to me right now! But I don't think it's considered a liquid, but a soft Protein, right? I just have to check because I'm just looking for a way to say it's a liquid. Pathetic! I know!

Thanks!

I'm one week post-op and get to go from Clear Liquids to full liquids for the next two weeks. As much as I disliked the Protein shakes pre-op' date=' I can't wait to have one in the morning. I have been so damn hungry it's ridiculous. I have remained steadfast on the broth, Water, sugar-free popsicles, and just added Isopure clear drinks. I get in my 64 oz per day, but my stomach is growling constantly and have had a headache for days. I got off the painkillers in the hospital so I know it's not from those. I think I'm just freakin hungry! I truly didn't know if I could make it through the week, but I did it! Whew!

I see y'all have been talking about yogurt. That sounds so awesome to me right now! But I don't think it's considered a liquid, but a soft Protein, right? I just have to check because I'm just looking for a way to say it's a liquid. Pathetic! I know!

Thanks![/quote']

Non fat Greek yogurt is allowed on the full liquids stage of my diet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using VST

there's a saying I keep having run through my mind, "Don't give up what you want most for what you want now."

It helps me stay on track :)

LOVE it!

I am 4 days out post op. the Doctor has me on soft mushy foods. But I really want to lick a Doritio. I'm not hungry, just craving.

I am 4 days out post op. the Doctor has me on soft mushy foods. But I really want to lick a Doritio. I'm not hungry' date=' just craving.[/quote']

I licked a Doritio post op..I was like a week..lol

I can totally understand licking a Dorito!!! Why didn't I think of that? OH, because I got rid of all the food in my house the day before my surgery! WS56, I'm so jealous that your doc lets you have mushy foods during your first week. I have don't get that stuff until week 3, but I'm tempted to get some yogurt by next week.

I went to my local coffee shop/juice shop and bought some fresh cashew milk and it is divine. I'm super full after about 5 sips though. It's like drinking melted ice cream. :)

I am 4 days out post op. the Doctor has me on soft mushy foods. But I really want to lick a Doritio. I'm not hungry, just craving.

Hahahaha! I went to a bbq at my parents house and they made tri-tip....my favorite. Don't think for one second that I didn't (as naughty as it sounds) suck on a piece of meat! Yep, even thought about creating the 'meat sucker'. I'm so sick of sweet things that that meat was heaven!

Pre op diet

Can't seem to follow .. Having such a hard time with a one year old child and a 12 year old brother I care for .. I'm scared when I go back to nutritionist she is gonna tell me I can't get it

Well I didn't suck the bite of meat, but I chewed it for a looong time (like gum!) and than spit out the masticated mush. It was not a pretty moment, but I was so pleased. I've eaten watermelon two days in a row now too. It soooooo good!!! I've had no adverse effects to it. It's just ridiculously filling. I just want to move onto mushy foods so badly. 10 more days!

Leakea,

If you've lost some weight on the pre-op diet, that's the key. Making the Protein Shakes is not that appealing, but it really does help you be more prepared for the weeks post-op. The smaller liver that results from the pre-op diet is a fairly significant advantage for you and your surgeon when it comes to the actual procedure.

It sounds like you have some stressors in your life that are overwhelming you though. Have you spoken with a counselor how all that will play out when you have the surgery?

Im 10 days post op, and I cant stop eating.. for the most part Im eating all the right things but Im finding I can eat much more than I thought.. 6 pop sicles at a time multi cups of yogart eggs bananna Peanut Butter, Soups, I could eat a box of frozen yogart bars at one setting? I am a big guy ( 325 as of yesterday) and I am eating way way less than I was. my hope is that when I can eat real food it will stay with me and I wont feel then need to eat ? Im praying i havent made a huge mistake ?

Pre op diet

Can't seem to follow .. Having such a hard time with a one year old child and a 12 year old brother I care for .. I'm scared when I go back to nutritionist she is gonna tell me I can't get it

Im sure youll be fine, I had a hard time following as well. my surgeon told me give him one good week on high protien/low carbs and Ill be fine ... I found lots of tasty items I could eat oh and he said he didnt care how much I ate .Pre-op is about getting your liver in shape for surgery not loosing... I ate tuna , chicken, steak,pickles, pork rines BBQ is great use them as chips andf crackers, cheese, I would order a meat lovers pizze with extra cheese and just eat all the toppings. almonds, you can have full mayo ( it has no carbs) I would make a 6 egg omlet, cheese ham onion peppers

Im 10 days post op, and I cant stop eating.. for the most part Im eating all the right things but Im finding I can eat much more than I thought.. 6 pop sicles at a time multi cups of yogart eggs bananna Peanut Butter, Soups, I could eat a box of frozen yogart bars at one setting? I am a big guy ( 325 as of yesterday) and I am eating way way less than I was. my hope is that when I can eat real food it will stay with me and I wont feel then need to eat ? Im praying i havent made a huge mistake ?

Hi Jim Clark,

It sounds as if your surgeon is much more lenient than most. Eating the stuff you mentioned is almost all off limits to me for a couple more weeks. Are you having 2 Protein shakes per day as well? And do you record your intake?

I've been using My Fit Pal ap to recored my food and Water intake along with my weigh-ins. Your dr might want to know how much you've been eating. It just sounds as if your stomach is already stretching which is not what you'd want to be happening at this point in the process. I would phone my dr and gat an appt to bring in your food journal so that perhaps they can give you more clear guidelines.