Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Questions to my colored sisters

I weight 282 and notice big dark spots on my cheeks. I notice other plus size black women has them on there face too. I wanted to know if anyone else had these problems before there surgery. If so, did it go away after the surgery

Well idk about cheeks but I have darkness around my neck and thighs. I forgot what exactly my doctor said but its a pre diabetic/overweight thing but I've never seen anyone with dark spots on their cheeks but armpits,necks and thighs is very common.

Thanks for the response. It's around the cheeks area. I wear makeup and blush so you really can't see it. But when the makeup is off it's noticeable. I normally it on see heavy set women.

I have those darks spots on my cheeks also and was wondering the same thing. Here's a pic to show what we are talking about.

post-24040-13813666680162_thumb.jpg

i don't really know but I'm hoping it goes away with the weight loss.

I'm sure it will go away with weight loss. I think it's the same thing i have just in a different spot.

It will go away. This is common with dark nationalities. In the polynesian culture you see it a lot with Samoan, Hawaiians, etc. I don't have that, but I have it around my neck.

It will go away. This is common with dark nationalities. In the polynesian culture you see it a lot with Samoan' date=' Hawaiians, etc. I don't have that, but I have it around my neck.[/quote']

@LifetimeLoser, Do you think the weight has anythibg to do with.

colored?

I weight 282 and notice big dark spots on my cheeks. I notice other plus size black women has them on there face too. I wanted to know if anyone else had these problems before there surgery. If so' date=' did it go away after the surgery[/quote']

I had & have them, as I lost a significant amount of weight it went away...then as i gainned it all back it came back.. Haven't had surgery yet im sure it will b the same...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had & have them' date=' as I lost a significant amount of weight it went away...then as i gainned it all back it came back.. Haven't had surgery yet im sure it will b the same...

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Also my neck gets dark as well.. Once i lose it lightens up..

Its weight related

I had & have them' date=' as I lost a significant amount of weight it went away...then as i gainned it all back it came back.. Haven't had surgery yet im sure it will b the same...

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Thanks for replying. I really needed to hear that. I was starting to think i had no hope.

Thanks for replying. I really needed to hear that. I was starting to think i had no hope.

Honestly i just told a friend about 6 months ago tha t I cant wait to get this weight off so that my neck & checks will get back to my skin tone... She said she never noticed it on me until i said something