Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been lurking for the past week or so on the mobile app so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Ashley, I am 23 and I have been overweight since I hit puberty at age 10. All through high school I hovered between 165lb and 185lb. When I got pregnant in 2009 I was 201lb. At delivery I was 231lb. I initially lost all but the last 5lbs of baby weight because I had absolutely no appetite and was forcing myself to eat once a day. As soon as my appetite came back (2 weeks postpartum), I gained all the weight back and then another 10lbs to put my highest weight at 241lbs. I've tried every diet out there and while successful initially, I could never keep it off. My lowest weight was 211lb and that was in April 2013. I have since gotten back up to 230lb. I began my wls journey in March 2012 by attending one of the free information seminars. I went on to see the NUT, NP, do a sleep study, psych eval, and physical and decided to get the RNY. We submitted to insurance (Medicaid ***) and I was approved same day. We set my date for July 23, 2012. July 12, 2012 I met the surgeon for the first time. He shared with me the results of my psych eval- "you passed....but...". I had told the psych that I thought I might be bi polar but that I had not sought out a therapist yet. My surgeon was concerned about this because of a former bipolar RNY patient of his who went off her meds and binged repeatedly and abused drugs/alcohol and almost ruptured her pouch. Therefore, he decided that we should wait until I began therapy and received a diagnoses and treatment plan. I was devastated. For 2 weeks I wallowed in self pity before I got a grip on myself. I decided to diet one more time. I lost 28lbs (which brought me to my lowest weight) before falling off the wagon again. I am in therapy now and have been diagnosed with Paranoid Personality Disorder (not bi polar disorder). I contacted the surgeon's office 1.5 weeks ago to let them know what was going on because I had decided once again to have the surgery. Except this time, I feared the rerouting and malabsorption issues so I spent all day, every day researching the sleeve and lap band before settling on the sleeve. I found out that the only thing standing in my way was another psych eval (because the one from last year expired right as I made my decision to have the surgery), a meeting with the surgeon, and another NUT consult (because I'm switching surgeries), in that order. Once these 3 appts are finished, we will submit to insurance again. I have my psych eval on June 20, and I'm so excited and nervous. I'm really hoping to have my surgery and be for the most part healed before my son goes back to school September 4. I also worry about how he will take the recovery as he just turned 3 and has autism. This is my little one from a couple days ago.

post-60982-13813666604906_thumb.jpg

I guess maybe I shouldn't have posted this in the middle of the night. Lol

I'll have to come back through to read your post, but just wanted to say WELCOME!!

Welcome!!!! Best wishes on this journey.

Good Luck! It will be worth it!

Welcome and good luck!

Welcome, and good luck! I have an autistic daughter of 2 years, and honestly I think everyday in how will be my recovery time....so, keep in touch and again, good luck!

Hi, and welcome to the forums, we are thrilled to have you join us. How do the eval go? We are all keeping our fingers crossed for you!

Unfortunately, I had to reschedule my eval for the first week of July. :-( Hopefully after that, everything will run smoothly. :-) Thanks to everyone for the continuing support!

Welcome and best wishes to you on this wls journey.

Welcome.. I am a newbie too.. I hope your journey is a seemless one..

Welcome and I wish you the best...and your baby is beautiful...I love his hair..