Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I went to GNC, costco, and Walgreens to find chewable or liquid calcium citrate and I'm totally confused. There are so many versions out there, but I could only find cal citrate in pill form. Does anyone have any suggestions on a brand and/or where to buy it?

I ordered chewable calcium citrate from Celebrate Vitamins. They have sugar-free berry' date=' chocolate, and caramel flavors. The berry is my favorite. Tastes like candy![/quote']

They do taste like candy, but beware they pack on calories and carbs like candy too! No worries if you plan them into your diet as a treat but I wasn't willing to give up 100 cals and 20 carbs a day for Vitamins, no matter how yummy ;)

I just take the pill form they're cheaper than the chewable and I'd much rather swallow a pill than have to taste the chewables. yuck.

I just take the pill form they're cheaper than the chewable and I'd much rather swallow a pill than have to taste the chewables. yuck.

There's a petite pill I swallow. My dr. Advised me because I could not chew them..I hate the taste

There's a petite pill I swallow. My dr. Advised me because I could not chew them..I hate the taste

Yes, the citrical petites are great... I also take the Puritan's Pride Miniatures.. exact same thing but mail order and less expensive.

I was going to ask about calcium citrate as well. I have been using Wellesse liquid Calcium Citrate, but the liquid is a pain and the I can't stand the taste. My doc told me to do liquid or chewable, so I'll ask about the petites and see if I can do those.

I'm using the Celebrate Calcium Plus 500 chewables--the berry flavor. They are 25 cal. per tablet, but I can burn 75 calories and 15g of carbs just walking briskly up and down three flights of stairs at work a few times, so I'll probably stick with them. I'm in my 40's, so calcium is important to my bones in general.

A company named "NOW Foods" makes a powdered version of calcium citrate, which might work as a food additive, blended into juice or a Protein Shake. With that supplement option, you'd still need to add extra Vitamin D for absorption.

How much do the petite pills cost? The chewables I use now are right around $20/month, but I don't pay shipping since there's a nutrition center near me that carries 'em.

Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate Chewy Bites. 15 calories each and they come in half a dozen different flavors. You can get them at Amazon or directly from BA.< /p>

Bariatric Advantage calcium citrate Chewy Bites. 15 calories each and they come in half a dozen different flavors. You can get them at Amazon or directly from BA.< /div>

I've been trying them out and they make me gassy. My body doesn't like the sugar alcohols, I think.

I just came from Vitamin Shoppe. I had looked at about 6 stores before GNC recommended them. Careful most of the candy ones are Calcium carbonate not citrate. Anyhow if you don't have a Vitamin Shoppe around you can order off the web.

Oh and the one I got says Bariatric on it, it might be twin labs not sure. I'm in McDonalds drinking Water while the grand kids eat & play or I'd go look. They also have the chewable B complex with Thiamin my Dr said to use.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Yes, the citrical petites are great... I also take the Puritan's Pride Miniatures.. exact same thing but mail order and less expensive.

I just looked these up out of curiosity--the labels say they're 200mg per tablet. My NUT says she wants me on 1500mg (?!) a day, and I have to take them no more than 500mg at a time, 2 hours away from taking my Multivitamin. How many mg of Calcium are you ladies taking--is it 1500, too? That would come out to 7 or 8 tablets a day, four times daily. *brainboggle* I just know I'd forget a dose...

I just looked these up out of curiosity--the labels say they're 200mg per tablet. My NUT says she wants me on 1500mg (?!) a day' date=' and I have to take them no more than 500mg at a time, 2 hours away from taking my Multivitamin. How many mg of Calcium are you ladies taking--is it 1500, too? That would come out to 7 or 8 tablets a day, four times daily. *brainboggle* I just know I'd forget a dose...[/quote']

I would bet your calcium dose varies by age and gender. I'm only on 1000 now, but give me 10 years and I bet they'll want me on 1500 too :)

I would bet your Calcium dose varies by age and gender. I'm only on 1000 now, but give me 10 years and I bet they'll want me on 1500 too :)

That would make sense. I'm at the ripe ol' age when calcium starts to become a concern. I still don't think I would want to take 8 tablets a day, LOL...that will practically be a meal for my sleeve! (And I'm just too dang forgetful to be trusted not to miss a couple.) ;) I'll stick with my chewables, unless I end up hating the taste post-op.

I just looked these up out of curiosity--the labels say they're 200mg per tablet. My NUT says she wants me on 1500mg (?!) a day, and I have to take them no more than 500mg at a time, 2 hours away from taking my multivitamin. How many mg of Calcium are you ladies taking--is it 1500, too? That would come out to 7 or 8 tablets a day, four times daily. *brainboggle* I just know I'd forget a dose...

I don't have to take them at a different time than my multi because I bought a multi without Iron. My multi has 200 mg of calcium I also take three two tablet doses of the calcium citrate. My multivitamin is in a six pill dose and I separate it out throughout the day.. so with each of my three meals, I take 2 multi and 2calcium. Then right before bed at night I take my Iron pill. It's easy to remember to take them.. just put them all together in a box... and take them until they are gone.. even if I see I miss a dose, I just take it later.. it's not like taking medication where they have to be spaced perfectly