Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower BMI Bandsters!

I just thought about something else. The trick and the point is to stop trying all the fad diets! These always fail people! Learn how to mix your foods and what portions you should be eating. If you need to count calories you can at first but research has shown that eventually you will go back to gaining weight if you don't learn how to mix your foods. Chose good fats that will help speed your metabolism. I recently started reading some nutritional books so that I don't have to depend on the calorie, carb, south beach FAD diet. Those lien cuisine's and and south beach meals have HIGH salt which can give you urinary and bladder infections if you don't keep up with 60oz of Water. SOrry to sound like such a poop but the key is to change your life not just experience a quick weight loss and then go back to your old ways. Educating yourself is key in this transition! trust me I've had such a hard time with this as well. I went from 2500 calories to 800-1000 and I'm miserable. But I'll be much happier when I'm sizing 7!

Hi Audree. Thanks for keeping track of me. I am so glad you are doing well. I will write more on my CND page...I don't belong here with your lower BMI's...yet...lol.

Congrats everyone ...you are doing great!

You do now!!!! A lower bmi bandster is a bmi in the low 40's and you are in the 30's now!!!!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Audree, are you posting what you eat everyday? on here .

I am going to post my daily intake on the South Beach challenge thread and my journal!!!

Thanks for all the encouragment!!!

Exercise will be so great for you. Now that we don't eat all the time; Let's get moving.

Easy to say. I have another 6 weeks before I can exercise again but I enjoy just little walks.

The band helps me not just worry about what I am going to have next for dinner or lunch ect.

I honestly feel my hunger is where it used to be when I was 102 pounds. With the south beach diet plan and exercise I think we can all meet goal.

I know this sounds crazy but I have not set a goal for myself. I just want to try be happy with myself one day at a time and where God leads me I will follow. I don't have to be skinny, skinny; I just want lots of energy to enjoy my days and my kids.

The band helps me keep my food in its place. It is fuel. Not bordem or comfort.

I wish you all the best of luck tomorrow on your new journey and I hope those of you waiting will soon receive good news about your upcomming banding.

Breakfast: Scrambled Egg with cheese on it.

Lunch: Lean Cuise with Spinach and chicken in cheese sauce

Supper: BBQ chicken, canned cranberries

Drink Vita Water all day. Dragon juice is my fave.

Cranberry juice to clean the bladder

Fat free latte

I think that now I have though about my goal; I think that why I am not posting a goal. I am used to all the other failed diet. I feel 150% confident this I can't fail.

Just listen to the band. I can't wait for a fill and then more fills. Listen to me I want to be a fill junky.

LoL,

Madden

I told my step daughter to make me go to the gym on Monday! I have no excuse except being lazy!!!

I am glad you are doing so great!:clap2:

Audree, You are doing great! I always check this thread because I get so motivated by everyone here! I like the enthusiam that everyone has!

I think it really boils down to the exercise for most low bmi'ers. I haven't lost anything in two weeks. I dropped 1 lb a day for the first three weeks or so and now I've completely stopped. So I'm going for my first fill on 2/2/07 and see what happens. Unfortunately for all those lazy people like me or buzeee as well, we are going to have to put from our part to make this tool work for us. I HATE EXERCISING! but I know I gots to do it if I want this to work!

Hey there Kaboom!!

Nice to see you here! I am going for my first fill on Feb. 17, exactly 6 weeks after surgery. I didn't want to lose any time!!! Exercise is yet one more tool I need to add to me "toolbox". I have my Bandy, my Quickslim, my South Beach, not to add exercise. When I start going to the gym, I get obsessed with working out! I love the way it makes me feel. It is just so hard for me to start up once i stop! I used to go everyday for 2 hours and had personal trainers for over one year!!!

Then I had my Tummy Tuck, couldn't workout for a while and started this damn cycle over again and gained, gained, gained!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:faint:

I am going Monday no matter what! My step daughter and her friend both are supposed to meet me (they both work there) at 12 noon and my kids get out of school at 2:30pm. I used to go like that 4 days a week a few months ago!

Audree, You are doing great! I always check this thread because I get so motivated by everyone here! I like the enthusiam that everyone has!

Thanks!! This is a great group of ladies!!!

I think it really boils down to the exercise for most low bmi'ers. I haven't lost anything in two weeks. I dropped 1 lb a day for the first three weeks or so and now I've completely stopped. So I'm going for my first fill on 2/2/07 and see what happens. Unfortunately for all those lazy people like me or buzeee as well, we are going to have to put from our part to make this tool work for us. I HATE EXERCISING! but I know I gots to do it if I want this to work!

Hey,

All the support groups that I go too have taught me that sometimes it takes 3 or 4 fills to be just were you need to be to loose. It is comming your way; just a little slower. One lady at my group has lost all her excess weight but she said she did'nt lose barly any till her first fill.

Keep your chin up. Just take a short walk if that's all you can do. I like to go to the mall sometimes and just walk around if its cold out. In my snazzy sneakers and burn a little. Or go to an indoor pool and just wade around. You will be surprised.

Just alittle fun advise.

Madden

Hey Everyone,

We are not going to lose this weight overnight. How long did it take us to put it on? We all need to give our self 6 or 7 months to lose. I think of everyday as a stepping stone. I agree on all the fad diets. We don't need them. Just our band rules. Protein and then healthy food and the weight will come off. We also need to be patient on our fills. I do weight everyday in the am. Although I know once a week whould be fine. I hate to see everyone switch diet plans. The south beach diet is a nice healthy protein diet that fits our band rules but I try to make everything myself.

I send this out with lots of love and hope we all support eachother and keep each other down to earth.

I think MOVING is Key to our success.

Good Luck,

Madden

Madden,

I would be careful with the "it is going to take us 6-7 months to lose." I am almost 7 months out, I have followed ALL the bandster rules, I exercies every day and I am still only a little over half way to my goal. I don't want to be discouraging to you, but I don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment also.

When I was first banded, and the weight was FALLING off, I really thought that I would be 160 by the time school started in September. But then, the weight loss slowed down, as it must, and I had to fight harder to lose the weight, and I still fight to lose the weight. But, I am learning great things as I lose, I don't have loose skin, I have firm muscles, and I feel great.

Give yourself time, my DH went through a very difficult time when his weight loss slowed down. But today we figured out percentage. Even though he had 175 lbs to loose and I had 70 or so, right now after almost 7 months of weight loss, we have both lost the exact same percentage of our original weight, 19%!

I just caution you against believing the weight fall off, mine did at the beginning, but it has really slowed down. You can't, in a healthy way, force your body to give up weight that it wants to hang on to. I suppose it depends on how long you have been overweight and how much yo-yo dieting you have done.

I have done a lot of yo-yo, and every weight that I've spent any amount of time at has been a plateu for me. If you haven't had many set point then maybe it will be easier.

Hey Audree, after I had my Tummy Tuck I started gaining weight everywhere, i had small legs now they are bigger, my sides are big, and my hip butt area was small now is big, and you know what I feel deformed because these darn jeans roll down to where you know the scar line, yep, I hate it, afraid one day it will roll on past my p..s! if you know what I mean. I have gotta get this surgery. Keep praying god will make a way please. I dont like the Boody crack showing pants now days.

Hey Audree, after I had my Tummy Tuck I started gaining weight everywhere, i had small legs now they are bigger, my sides are big, and my hip butt area was small now is big, and you know what I feel deformed because these darn jeans roll down to where you know the scar line, yep, I hate it, afraid one day it will roll on past my p..s! if you know what I mean. I have gotta get this surgery. Keep praying god will make a way please. I dont like the Boody crack showing pants now days.

I am right there with you!!! I started gaining in all the places I never did. My chest got even bigger, my arms, upper body, calves, thighs and huge butt!!!! But, I have a washboard abs!!!

WHAT I ATE TODAY:

coffee with Splenda and 1 cup low carb soy

5 small bites of an egg,

1/4 cup of tuna with mayo, onion and Tomato,

1 string cheese stick

1/2 cup of lean steak with mushrooms for dinner

1/4 cup black Beans with melted cheddar cheese

(Ate all with no problems; no pb's)

Liquids: 24 ounces crystal light

Supplements: 1 tbsp. Glacial Milk liquid Vitamin

My first day of solids and South Beach! I didn't feel hungry or deprived. I didn't have to count calories and I know I got a lot of Protein in!!

And it was all so good, tasty and satisfying. I feel like I ate so much today, but in reality I think it was like 800 give or take calories.