Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just not feeling it

I was sleeved Wed, 4/10... had my gallbladder out and large hernia repaired also. Doing fine emotionally but can't seem to eat it drink nearly enough - I have no interest....

I would rather sleep, which is totally not me- I'm not a Napper at all, I'm a very busy, active person ...

Is this normal?

yes....your body is repairing and reenergizing. Try to get in at least 48 oz of Fluid and as much Protein as you can. It will help you feel better faster

At a minimum you should be getting in the fluids. Don't worry about eating all that, but do not get dehydrated. Even if you have to make yourself drink, you simply have to. You will feel much better, but you dehydrate, you are really going to feel crappy.

Thank you, its very hard, as you all know to force myself but I am...concentrating solely on liquids at the moment.

Thank you' date=' its very hard, as you all know to force myself but I am...concentrating solely on liquids at the moment.[/quote']

Liquids!!!

Yes getting your liquid in (especially in the beginning) is like a full time job! :P

It gets better and easier though, I promise :)

I never found my body being tired, but I did find myself sleepy. That and not hungry were my only issues. These were two issues I could live with because for the first time in years I slept soundly during the night. I'm an extremely light sleeper so being sleepy was a blessing. As for the hunger issue... Just concentrate on fluids and add others as much as you can

it was extremely hard for me at first because i had no desire but just sip slowly all day. I found it a lot easier to do broth as hot as i could stand it... went down way better than the cold stuff. 4 weeks post op & life is much easier!!!! good luck

Like everyone in here has said. Get your Protein in first and also focus on fluids. Start logging down everything you put into your mouth when problems erupt. You're probably very tired not only because you are losing weight but it is highly possible that you are not consuming 70-100g, of Protein. Again logging this down would help you out and you will be ready to confront your dr with information that he can help you with.

Also, do you cary a Water bottle with you EVERYWHERE you go? If not, you may want to consider doing this.

I hop you get better hun! {{{hugs}}}

I'm still trying.. food simply does nothing for me right now. I'm just about 4 weeks post op and still haven't had anything of substance really.. Definitely not getting enough Protein but doing good on liquids .

My body is still very tired but other than that I feel ok

I am on day 18 po. I have lost 28.5 lbs since the day before surgery. I am supposed to be taking in 50grams of Protein per day at this point. And I agree...it's hard! I am also very tired. I nap daily and sleep through the night. I have one more week off of work, I had so many things I wanted to do while I was off, but I just can't. I hope this last week perks me up!

I am on day 18 po. I have lost 28.5 lbs since the day before surgery. I am supposed to be taking in 50grams of Protein per day at this point. And I agree...it's hard! I am also very tired. I nap daily and sleep through the night. I have one more week off of work' date=' I had so many things I wanted to do while I was off, but I just can't. I hope this last week perks me up![/quote']

Rookie out wrote my story! Other than your days of post op and weight loss I can only get 40 gms of Protein in...I nap all day and I am tired! I so thought I wold have a bit more energy....but I don't. I see the Dr today that will be interesting.

Hmmm. Well Maybe I can help you. I am 1 week out. Have you all considered maybe changing up your Protein or adding things to it for an extra Oomph?

This morning I am having Syntrax's nectar Protein powder in vanilla Bean Torte (1 scoop-23gm), 2 oz of blueberry kefir and 4 oz of milk (9gm protein). It will take me about 30 minutes to drink all 6 oz since it is thicker than Water.

Do you all think the problem is taste? or capacity? If it is capacity and you all are far enough out try this test to see exactly how much you can handle. Don't worry it is considered a legitimate bariatric test...http://www.bsciresourcecenter.com/proddetail.php?prod=A4

I have tried different Proteins and use milk to get the extra Protein. I am able to eat cottage cheese now and scrambled eggs. They both go down ok. I am allowed to have yogurt now, but it hasn't agreed with me yet. I think taking in the actual food is helping. I think my capacity is 2-3 oz. I am so full if I have 3. I have also learned to drink my Protein Shakes early they take a few hours to get down and I do sip Water in between. I think they are so heavy on my stomach.

It's the Protein taste...I have hypersensitive taste buds right now and I don't like yogurts or cottage cheese. So, Have been "sampling" stuff trying to find some that will give me the extra protein I need. I get enough Fluid ( I am a Water drinker), so no issues with dehydration...just need something that does not taste so proteinish when I consume it.