Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Post Here... Surgery schefuled for 4/22

Hello Everyone! Well, after years of yo-yoing, dieting, phentermine etc. and after jumping through the insurance hoops.... I finally have my surgery date. April 22, 2013!!! It doesn't quite yet feel real. Although I am scheduled, start my liquid diet monday and have a letter of approval from aetna, I still feel as though at any moment the doctors office is going to call and say they changed their mind. My starting weight is 330, I am 5'9 and pear shaped. I have this awesome husband and handsome two yesr old son and they are being cheated by me. I am not the wife and mother I want to be. I want to have more energy, I want to be able to get down on the floor with my little boy and not worry about my back locking up, and I want to let my husband show me affection without cringing because he is touching my fat. I just want the old me back. As the date approaches, O am so full of emotion. I am relieved, excited, scared to fail, overjoyed eyc

Hello Courtney,

My name is Robin; I am scheduled for surgery on the 16th of April at OHSU in Portland Oregon. I am curious I keep reading about liquid diet? What is this for? Are you having lapband? My doctor has not told me anything like this? I am anxious enough without not doing something I a suppose to be doing. I best contact the nurses see if I a suppose to be doing this too. Good luck when I read your story I seen my self about cringing when your husband touches your fat:) I am the same way. Robin

Hello Courtney' date='

My name is Robin; I am scheduled for surgery on the 16th of April at OHSU in Portland Oregon. I am curious I keep reading about liquid diet? What is this for? Are you having lapband? My doctor has not told me anything like this? I am anxious enough without not doing something I a suppose to be doing. I best contact the nurses see if I a suppose to be doing this too. Good luck when I read your story I seen my self about cringing when your husband touches your fat:) I am the same way. Robin[/quote']

Hello out there. This is Robin D I was sleeved on Tuesday the 16 of April. I haven't seen or heard of a lot of people mention about how many days it took to have a bowel movement after surgery? Hope to get some answers. Robin

Hello Guys,

I am also from Portland, OR. I am having my surgery at Oregon Weight-loss Center through Legacy Good Samaritan....... Have any of you had to lose weight before surgery date? Have you joined in support groups.

Congrats and best of luck to you on your journey. I had to lose 10lbs prior to my surgery but lost 16lbs by drinking shakes twice a day and having a small dinner.< /p>

Hello Guys' date='

I am also from Portland, OR. I am having my surgery at Oregon Weight-loss Center through Legacy Good Samaritan....... Have any of you had to lose weight before surgery date? Have you joined in support groups.[/quote']

Hi mrsajdixon, yes I was suppose to I did lose a few pounds biggest thing they told me was don't gain weight or you will have to wait to have surgery. When are you having surgery?

Hey guys, sorry, i just got the notifications, i am new to vst so i wasnt trying to not reply back. I was on a 7 day liquid diet, lost 7lbs in 7 days and lost 21all together pre op but it wasn't required. How are you feeling Robin? Are yall on the april vsgers fb page? If not get Khloe to add you. There is another post with info on here. I go in for surgery in the MORNING!!!! I am so super excited

Hey guys' date=' sorry, i just got the notifications, i am new to vst so i wasnt trying to not reply back. I was on a 7 day liquid diet, lost 7lbs in 7 days and lost 21all together pre op but it wasn't required. How are you feeling Robin? Are yall on the april vsgers fb page? If not get Khloe to add you. There is another post with info on here. I go in for surgery in the MORNING!!!! I am so super excited[/quote']

Morning Courtneyjoy, I am doing good Thank you for asking. Man you have done a wonderful job at losing the weight. I don't recall when is your surgery?

Hey Robin, i had my surgery yesterday morning. Still in hospital but getting to come home tonight. I haven't had to many problems, i couldnt use the pain shots bc it gave me horrible headaches so now im on liq lortab. No nausea or really bad gas but really sore at incision. How is your recovery coming, been to post op yet

Hey Robin' date=' i had my surgery yesterday morning. Still in hospital but getting to come home tonight. I haven't had to many problems, i couldnt use the pain shots bc it gave me horrible headaches so now im on liq lortab. No nausea or really bad gas but really sore at incision. How is your recovery coming, been to post op yet[/quote']

Cortneyjoy that is great to hear that you have done well! Did they do your surgery laparoscopic? My recovery is going good. I have been on the post op. you had the sleeve done is that correct?

Hey Robin' date=' i had my surgery yesterday morning. Still in hospital but getting to come home tonight. I haven't had to many problems, i couldnt use the pain shots bc it gave me horrible headaches so now im on liq lortab. No nausea or really bad gas but really sore at incision. How is your recovery coming, been to post op yet[/quote']

Me too that one is sore :( it was very hard at first to turn on my side for the first few days I had to sleep on my back

Hello Everyone! Well' date=' after years of yo-yoing, dieting, phentermine etc. and after jumping through the insurance hoops.... I finally have my surgery date. April 22, 2013!!! It doesn't quite yet feel real. Although I am scheduled, start my liquid diet monday and have a letter of approval from aetna, I still feel as though at any moment the doctors office is going to call and say they changed their mind. My starting weight is 330, I am 5'9 and pear shaped. I have this awesome husband and handsome two yesr old son and they are being cheated by me. I am not the wife and mother I want to be. I want to have more energy, I want to be able to get down on the floor with my little boy and not worry about my back locking up, and I want to let my husband show me affection without cringing because he is touching my fat. I just want the old me back. As the date approaches, O am so full of emotion. I am relieved, excited, scared to fail, overjoyed eyc[/quote']

Hi Courtneyjoy. How is the large incision doing? Still sore? Mine is I have a Knott under the skin hope everything is ok.

Hello Everyone! Well' date=' after years of yo-yoing, dieting, phentermine etc. and after jumping through the insurance hoops.... I finally have my surgery date. April 22, 2013!!! It doesn't quite yet feel real. Although I am scheduled, start my liquid diet monday and have a letter of approval from aetna, I still feel as though at any moment the doctors office is going to call and say they changed their mind. My starting weight is 330, I am 5'9 and pear shaped. I have this awesome husband and handsome two yesr old son and they are being cheated by me. I am not the wife and mother I want to be. I want to have more energy, I want to be able to get down on the floor with my little boy and not worry about my back locking up, and I want to let my husband show me affection without cringing because he is touching my fat. I just want the old me back. As the date approaches, O am so full of emotion. I am relieved, excited, scared to fail, overjoyed eyc[/quote']

Hi Courtneyjoy,