Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody from Toronto

Good afternoon,

I am thinking about getting vsg surgery and I wonder if there is anyone from TO who is thinking about getting the surgery or has already had the surgery, I sure would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Josie

Hi Josie,

I'm from Toronto. Got approved for RnY through OHIP but want the sleeve so I'm going to see Dr. Aceves in Mexio April 11.

Wow April 11 th is just around the corner, I bet you are excited and nervous at the same time. I have not booked my appointment yet, but I will be going with Dr. Garcia. I am planning maybe the end of April. Lets keep in touch as I would love to have a sleeve buddy.

Josie

Sounds great! PM me if you want to talk off line. I can't wait to finally have this done! I started the process 11 months ago through ohip. I'm sooo ready!

I just had a sleeve operation done at the Toronto Western Hospital in March/13. I am about 3 weeks post-op. I was slated for an RnY operation but I spoke to the surgeons and asked for a sleeev instead. They told me that that was not a problem, and in fact when they go in, if they encounter any difficulties doing an RnY, they default to a sleeve anyways.

The pre-op time with Optifast was an absolute breeze. Nerver hungry at all, and the weight just fell off. Big key... use crushed ice with Optifast. I MUST be drank cold.

Post op, easy as well. Tender for the first while, but up and walking does wonders. Weight still coming off quickly.

For tinkerbell,... I was all set to head for Mexico as well. But just before making the appointment I went to my family doctor to get his take on it. He told me about our provincial plan and got me an app't. He explained that we have a very extensive support program here and it is very important to have that. I didn't want to just loose a bunch of weight only to regain that, and more down the road.

So I went with the OHIP plan. It took longer but I think it was well worth it, and i cost nothing. Bonus. I really wasn't worried about the money, I just had had enough of being "the fat guy over there". When I spoke to the surgeon about having the sleeve so that I could still take my arthritis medicine, they said no problem. I would suggest that you speak to them because the follow-up and support here is really important I feel.

Just my take on things, but good luck both of you.

Thanks for the info. I went through the whole process at TWH and was approved for RNY only. I was told I did not meet the criteria for the sleeve which was no medical condition that precludes the RNY. I was also told there was no appeal process. Which surgeon did you have?

Wow April 11 th is just around the corner' date=' I bet you are excited and nervous at the same time. I have not booked my appointment yet, but I will be going with Dr. Garcia. I am planning maybe the end of April. Lets keep in touch as I would love to have a sleeve buddy.

Josie[/quote']

I'm from Toronto (I now live in Nz) my friend and I are going to dr Garcia May 11 (wish it was sooner) ill PM you and we can keep in touch ????

Hi rollargirl,

I have been reading your posts and I see you are getting the single incision by dr Garcia, I also am going with dr. Garcia and I will be receiving the single incision, keep in touch I love reading about your questions and your journey.

Josie

Hi all, I'm from Toronto originally, living in Brampton now. I had surgery done January 21st of this year. I was self pay in PV I used Dr. Joya.

If you have any questions I can help with let me know :)

Hi All - I'm from Toronto and scheduled for a Sleeve on June 26th at TWH with Dr. Okranic.

Sean

Hey cc - live in Scarborough, and work in Richmond Hill. Just on day 4 of pre-op shakes....and today it seems the headache is gone (1st 3 days of liquids). Just 24 more days to go of this stuff, but it's not too bad!

Have you had your surgery yet....if not, when is your's scheduled?

Hey I just saw this. Your probably already sleeved by now so hows it going.?

PM me and let me know how your managing.

I was sleeved 6 months ago....and I'm a really slow loser :( but I'm still trying. Take care :)

Hi everyone! I'm originally from Brampton but just moved to Orangeville and I work in Newmarket. My surgery date is October 14th in Mexico! I'm soooo nervous/excited!

Hi I'm from Newmarket. Read my experience in my first post. I was sleeved in Mexico by Dr.Kelly.