Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, I'm out looking for a few cute maxi dresses to bring with me to Mexico this summer, and I'm in a depression now lol I hate shopping for clothes being fat. It really is getting to me. Just the depression alone is killing me. I just went and bought me some Water to drink at work today rather than running next door and getting a Coke. It won't hurt to try and go ahead and lose some weight now. I ended up gaining like 20 more pounds when I knew I was going to have WLS... food funerals I guess. Now I'm paying for it :(

I gained an extra 10lbs after I confirmed my surgery.. ugh! I don't even bother shopping. I stuck with uggy baggy sweatshirts and borrowed jeans. Even n MX. I refused to buy anything more in a larger size. I kept telling myself.. Nope I'm saving my money for the smaller clothes to come.

I totally underhand the depression though. I was so depressed about my weight. I could not clear my mind of how missable I was and it just kept cycling to where I hated myself.

Anyway.. Chin up girl.. You're on your way to a new healthy and happier you!

Jesser I am the same way :( But, no more... My surgery is in 3 weeks, and I will FINALLY get me life back! I have dealt with not feeling adequate and hating the way I feel and look for 11 years, I've had it. I'm done feeling this way and I am going to rock the sleeve baby!!! You to, so buy clothes too small and watch them fall off, lol :)

I'm gonna rock it in my 30's, the twenties may be gone, but my 30's and so on are going to be awesome, and that is the thought that keeps my head up!

I'm newly sleeved, so I haven't gotten to the smaller size clothes yet, but listen...... I am so excited to not be sad about shopping another summer. So excited.

In the winter, I had ONE outfit. One. Stretchy pants and a long hoody. That's what I wore in the rare times I left the house. I hated going out, too, because of how ugly I felt. In the warmer months, I wore jeans and a tshirt. One outfit. I'm so excited also to wear cute things for my fiancé. Even though he says that he loves me regardless, I just know that men love to be proud of being with a sexy lady! Lol. And he deserves the best. And... He's hot. I snagged him when I was thinner. He's a sexy man. And I want to be his sexy woman.

Stay strong. It's hard, but the shopping depression will soon be a thing of the past. Xo!

I have been able to save money thinking about buying in the future. I do notice that I have been increasing my eating since I am sure surgery is the answer. I have cut out sodas so far none this month from having one or two a day. But the chips and candy are close at hand. SMH

When I scheduled surgery, I started a diet to try and lose some weight beforehand (band to sleeve and really praying for a single surgery revision). I have lost 12lbs which was enough for one size in clothes. Thank goodness. Up until this 12lbs, I was down to ONE outfit... Seriously, one outfit and pajamas. I had one black shirt that I was comfortable in from Lane Bryant and one old pair of size 22 jeans. I hate shopping fat and I just can't handle the depression either, so I avoid it like the plague. If we happened to leave the house and see the same people 2 days in a row, I had to hope they wouldn't notice that I was wearing the same clothes. :( I fit in a couple more outfits now (like seriously a total of 3 shirts and 2 pants), so it's not AS bad, but I am definitely looking forward to getting back into some of my old clothes and *hopefully* having a better experience shopping in the future!!!

I can completely relate to what you are saying. I was so depressed about being fat. I woke up thinking about it, fell asleep thinking about being fat, and even dreamed about it. It took over my life...the guilt, the sadness...I hated it.I hated shopping and couldn't wait to dress in cute clothes!

Things will be different, they really will be. But, why wait? Why not start by making small changes? You said you got Water, that's a start! Drink Water, lots of it. Start carrying around a water bottle with you ALL the time, and drink a lot. Start making small changes to your diet...adding more veggies and fruits. Start exercising. Walking is great if you are not used to doing any exercise. The added benefit of exercise is that you will get those happy hormones flowing and you will feel better about yourself. Plus, I honestly believe your recovery will be smoother.

You can do this! Soon your depression over being fat will be gone. You will no longer think about your weight ever moment of your life. You will enjoy life again and shopping will be fun! Hang in there!

So, I'm out looking for a few cute maxi dresses to bring with me to Mexico this summer, and I'm in a depression now lol I hate shopping for clothes being fat. It really is getting to me. Just the depression alone is killing me. I just went and bought me some Water to drink at work today rather than running next door and getting a Coke. It won't hurt to try and go ahead and lose some weight now. I ended up gaining like 20 more pounds when I knew I was going to have WLS... food funerals I guess. Now I'm paying for it :(

I feel ya on this! I hate shopping but I LOVE fashion!! I always said if I was rich and could figure out a way to be a plus size designer I would have jumped on it because I could always envision so many cute outfits but good luck finding anything close in 22/24 and 26/28. I will say that I have had the best luck with shopping at Torrid. I don't have one within 2 hours of me so I have shopped Torrid.com and they really do have some cute clothes. Sundresses, maxi-dresses, and so much more. Also, Simplybe.com is a new one I just started looking at and they have some pretty cute things. As big as I got (282) I still always made sure to try and find the best clothes that I could. I (one day,hopefully) look forward to not having to be in the plus size stores but until then I am on the lookout for the cutest stuff I can find.

I feel ya on this! I hate shopping but I LOVE fashion!! I always said if I was rich and could figure out a way to be a plus size designer I would have jumped on it because I could always envision so many cute outfits but good luck finding anything close in 22/24 and 26/28. I will say that I have had the best luck with shopping at Torrid. I don't have one within 2 hours of me so I have shopped Torrid.com and they really do have some cute clothes. Sundresses' date=' maxi-dresses, and so much more. Also, Simplybe.com is a new one I just started looking at and they have some pretty cute things. As big as I got (282) I still always made sure to try and find the best clothes that I could. I (one day,hopefully) look forward to not having to be in the plus size stores but until then I am on the lookout for the cutest stuff I can find.[/quote']

LOVE FASHION!!!! Love it. So looking forward to dressing how I always wanted to.

Don't get depressed clothes shopping now, for that will soon be a feeling of the past! I was always into clothes, no matter how big I was. Just hold on, and know that you will one day fit into stuff that you want to and it will even be big. Before I had my surgery, I went to consignment shops and tag sales and ebay and bought stuff in a size smaller or a few sizes smaller, for encouragement. I didn't spend much money, figuring if I was a miserable failure then I wouldn't have lost much and could either resell it or give it away. Well, some of the stuff I bought is now big, like my favorite Calvin Klein jacket for work, purchased for $18, so I found the next size down on ebay for $12! It will happen, it WILL!! Just hold on and have faith. :)

Thanks everyone! It just scares me because I'm still having to save up the money for the surgery and I'm afraid that I'm never going to come up with it! I have about $2,500 saved up.

You know, it's funny, I actually kinda like shopping less now! Of course, it's exciting to continue to go down sizes but before I knew exactly where to shop and what to buy. Now I have to try on multiple sizes of everything. I am able to shop at a lot more stores now that I am down to an 18/20 (from a 28). However, I find that part of it overwhelming because there are too many options. I am an indecisive person and I don't know where exactly to shop when I am kind of "in the middle." I am still sticking with plus size stores, which is fine because I am comfortable with them but I need to seek out new brands and see what fits my body. But I am also still losing so I try not to go crazy. I can't buy the things I want because I try not to spend more than $15-20 on an item of clothing right now.

It actually makes getting dressed harder. It takes me so long to figure out what I want to wear now and half the time it doesn't fit or showcases my saggy skin too much. No, I'm not getting depressed about it... the NSVs are making it worth it no matter what, it's just an interesting observation.

WOW It's amazing how we all have such similar feelings! I love to shop but that that disappeared for me a while back. My daughter refuses to wear cute clothes so I help my mom with her wardrobe! :) I seem to always wear buffet pants aka knit and a large shirt/sweater or a t-shirt and shorts. I HATE that my not caring about how I look has rubbed off on my daughter. I dreamed of a ballerina princess and she prefers tshirts and shorts....mmmmmm......wonder where she got that! Things are gonna change when the new Sheriff arrives! :D

I'm very thankful for this thread today. I've had a difficult 6th day post op and reading and talking about just one of the many positives that will hopefully come out of this surgery has really taken the edge off of the head hunger, etc. thanks OP and everyone!