Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm soo scared about having the surgery tomorrow that I'm about to not go in. I've went through the hoops, bought all the stuff, and now, almost every post I read, there's something negative from non-stop vomiting to unable to drink, to being really exhausted, to death. I don't know what to do as I'm scheduled at 7:30 am. Successful sleevers, please help with positive posts.

I haven't had any issues since surgery. I didn't even vomit in the hospital. I love my sleeve and am happy with my decision.

Surgeries have risks. Not having the surgery also comes with risks. My dad had a chance to have weight-loss surgery and freaked out and didn't go through with it. Because of his decision not to have surgery, he spent most of his life sitting on our couch and hearing about my life second-hand instead of being there. His health deteriorated, and during the last 5 years of his life, he was in the hospital more than out of it. I wish he would have went through with the surgery. If he had, my dad might still be around today.

try to relax. you'll do fine...just keep positive thoughts in mind...just think how great you'll look and feel after the weight loss. Just take things slowly in the beginning.

I was sleeved in Feb and am doing great from the day I got home. Sure I had some adjustments to make like sipping slowly and making sure I got all my fluids in. I did vomit on the second night, but after that I felt great. The next day, I was able to get all Proteins and fluids in. each day was better and better.

good luck tomorrow....let me know how it goes. I hope you have smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

Yes dont look at only the bad there is alot of good w/this surgery I agree w/the above, every surgery has risks and you need to make sure you do what the dr's tell you, if you think this is whats for you then do it dont go by other peoples post you dont know why they are having issues and you need to think about what are your health issues now, that losing the weight can help,

, I had my surgery 12/27/13 and yes I have had some learing curves yes I Have thrown up, thats part of it when your use to eating as much as we did in the past you have to learn not to eat like that and for some people that can take time

good luck and keep us posted

i suspect that this will be me also... However, I want someone to tell me to stop... I want someone to tell me that I did this... I made this happen... Ive taken this ride to complete this... I want someone to ask me "What are you getting out of being scared right now?" I want someone to say "No matter what I say right now, it wont make you feel better because you are choosing to not feel better"

What I want to say to you is this... Choose to feel better and know that you have gotten where you are on purpose and its up to you to choose Life from here on... as we continue through this journey we are choosing life... because we matter and we know it... we have chosen the opposite for a long time... and finally we got it... so, go get it!!!! Your there... I cant wait for someone to tell me all of this... and then I cant wait to do it despite the fear of the day before...

I had surgery 8/24, have lost 92 lb.'s, go to the gym now, walk daily & am down from size 24 tight pants to a wonderful size 16 & 14's in my near future. Tops went from size 3x to a large or XL. I am way more social, one of the best feelings for me is walking into a room and not being so self conscious.

I had no complications, I did have pain after the surgery for one week. a lot of people do not have pain like I had, I was real uncomfortable. I get nauseous now if I don't chew my food well. THAT IS IT on the negative side.

My feet no longer hurt, sometimes I am so happy I just can't contain myself, my energy is over the top most days and I seriously want to burst with happiness as I walk w/ a spring in my step. I can do exercises now that I could not do at 2 months out cause I just keep getting stronger.

I hope you are able to force yourself to walk into the hospital. If for some reason you don't then there is a reason for that too. I wish you all the success I have had AND MORE. P.S. I was very nervous & scared & flipped out too :-))

being nervous is normal...just remember why you started this journey in the first place! Read the other posts on "would you do this again?" or whatever the title was...Every one of us said we would! Try & get some rest & let us know how your doing!

I was ready to go one when I woke up after surgery. There are some good and bad for sure, but I lucked out and got all good! LOVE MY SLEEVE!

It is scary, but do you want to continue so unhealthy you can't enjoy life?

Good luck.. And see you on the loser side ;)

Being nervous is normal. My husband and I both had surgery on Jan 2 of this year. We have had no complications, no throwing up, no food intolerances. We both have more energy, are going to the gym on a regular basis, and are enjoying life so much more. I know without a doubt, this was the best decision for my husband and I. Now we are teaching our children a healthy way of life through eating healthy foods and a physically active lifestyle.

Good luck, however you decide. Please keep us posted!!

Nerves are norm. Mine was a week ago and I felt the same. Back to work today, down 11 pounds in one week and feel better then I have in years! U will do great!!

Visualize yourself, in detail, in 12 months after the sleeve, for 5 minutes. Then visualize yourself in 12 months, without the sleeve. Use your head as well as your heart. Peace to you, which ever you decide.

Thank you so much. I'm going to be brave. I might cry all night but I'm remembering why I am here. Time to think positively and focus on my goals. Please pray for me.

Slim :-)

It's been worth it to me. I know you are scared, its a normal part of the process..just know that even with the slight adjustments some of our bodies go through the health benefits are worth it!

Now get some rest, you have a big day tomorrow :)