Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Bad Experience With Secret Surgery Ltd

I am sorry to say I have had a bad experience with the company Secret Surgery Ltd, who arrange trips to Poland for cosmetic surgery. I had a breast lift operation booked in December, but I was given incorrect information in the support group by the woman who runs the business. She is not qualified to give medical advice, and I believe this incorrect information was given in order to secure sales. There are many great reviews out there for Secret Surgery, but she writes a lot of them herself, as well as invent profiles to "big her up" and "stroke her ego" in her support group. Trading Standards have been informed as I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I have suffered because of this company. Cosmetic surgery abroad is a hot topic at the moment. I have today taken part in research for a large-scale international, government funded project on medical travel for cosmetic surgery, they were very interested in my story, and the fact this company takes a "non refundable" deposit before a consultation has even taken place. If you get to Poland, and then find out the true extent of the surgery and for whatever reason it doesn't go ahead, Secret Surgery don't care, as they have already had their payment. Please don't be misled by this company :angry:

Hi Juney, inyteresting and thanks for sharing. Did you find a good alternative since? I am interested in a nip tuck in the face department but I'm really scared of being disfigured. If only the wonderful Dr Cierny did cosmetic surgery too.

All the best, Jane

Sorry to hear of your problems. Thanks for warning the group. Keep us updated if you get anywhere.

Hi Jane, no I haven't found anything else abroad. I did go for a consultation for corrective surgery with another surgeon in Poland, but decided it wasn't for me. I'm so glad I did as I have come across some other bad stories of surgery in Poland by the same surgeon and 2 others. So much so I would now never go abroad for surgery ever again. Cosmetic surgery is fraught with dangers anyway, we all know there are risks attached, but if something happens, you need to be at home. If you have surgery and then find there is a problem when you get home, you find the surgeons in Poland don't want to know, and they know it is very difficult to sue a surgeon abroad, so they just move on to the next unsuspecting person. I went to the Nuffield in Chester and a surgeon called Douglas McGeorge. He has done the best job he could have possibly done to correct my breasts, and I am thrilled with the results. I will always have the terrible scarring, and possibly may need more surgery in the future, but for now they are looking so much better. The Nuffield hospital was something else! I could have stayed there for a couple of weeks, the food was amazing, and care second to none - so different to Poland! I also had an arm lift while I was there, and the result is fab. He has put the scars right on the underside of my arms, so if I lift up my arms, you can't see the scar from the front or the back". The only time you could see them would be if I had my arms by my sides, and you would see the scars from the back. The cost here wasn't that much more than abroad, and when I look back at what I and others have been through, it's really not worth trying to save that little bit extra cost. My friend is having a consultation for a facelift with Douglas McGeorge, so I'll let you know how she gets on :-) xx

I have used Dr Quiroz in Mexico and he was amazing his staff all spoke English and it was safe and the surgery results were great

I had forgotten all about this site, and just come across it again. Secret Surgery is still in business much to my disgust. Since my last post I have successfully sued for negligence and anyone thinking of using Secret Surgery Ltd should be very careful. Angela Chouaib, the owner of the company is being pursued for court costs. Like Rogue Traders and Cowboy Builders on TV, she has already set up another company ready to fold Secret Surgery and move on. Anyone parting with their money to her could lose it, as she will bankrupt the company and move on to the new one. There is no reason to pay companies like hers to book surgery, it can be done direct. 2 ladies who contacted me recently both paid her £1300, and all she did for that was book them an appointment. To add insult to injury, they also noticed on some paperwork that the surgeon also paid her £200 for the lead. That's £1500 to do what? Make a phone call, or send an email!!! I will try to check back here more often now I have found it again, but if I am allowed, I will post the Facebook page where anyone who is botched can come for support. Even though I try to warn people all the time, there are still many being botched via Secret Surgery.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/476922179059611/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/secretsurgerywarning/