Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Goal Setting for Summer

Veterans and Newbies.... lets set some goals. I am in the veteran category at nearly 19 months post-op. I am feeling spring fever and can't wait to wear cute outfits, hit the beach, go fishing, and ride my bike. I briefly got into the upper 160's for the first time since 4th grade last summer. I am currently sitting at 175. Feeling like getting back there again!! I want to tone up a bit, and run a 5K.

My goals are:

1.) to weigh 165 by 30th birthday... July 25th 2013. (lose 10 solid pounds)

2.) run 5k before I turn 30.

#.) Post some pics on VSG talk to show the changes!!

How will I accomplish these goals? Start working out and burning 300-400 cals a day extra, and cut my current maintenance cals by 200 a day. I should be able to lose 10 pounds in 5 months!!!

What are your goals???

(Note: I was about 8 weeks pregnant until a few days ago, and sadly had a miscarriage. I am looking at the bright side, and know when it is time for me to start a family it will happen! I am going to wait to try for at least a year)

I love this thread. I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your positive outlook is beautiful and healthy. It'll happen when it happens. :-)

My goals by my 28th bday July 1:

1. Work out 5 days a week HARD to be able to keep up with my fit friends in the gym

2. Size 10. I am a 16 now. I don't know how much weight this is (I am 5')

3. Have logged I to mfp every day

4. April kayak and hiking trip I want to keep up and even lead!

How I'm gonna get there:

1. Make training appointments and workout buddy schedule. If I'm accountable I will go. And paying someone helps get me there!

2. Log everything even that tiny bite of brownie and even if it was up overestimating my calories. Keep Protein >65, carbs <50 on average, 64oz Water

3. Congratulate myself for all accomplishments and forgive myself for my mistakes.

Thanks sleeve of steel for this post. I will admire if I think of anything concrete.

Courtney

I have fat fingers. I will *add to the post if I think of anything else concrete*

Amendment 1---lose weight in fingers? :-)

Sleeve - first let me say I am sorry for your loss. You have a great attitude and you are right, it will happen.

My husband's birthday is July 26th. By that date I would like to be down 12 1/2 lbs (I have 25 to lose to get to goal).

To accomplish this: I will -

1) train for a 5K - signed up for a couch to 5 K class that starts this Thursday.

2) work with a personal trainer (signed up for 5 weeks of training)

3) continue to follow my current eating regimen of 70+ g Protein, 60+ oz of Water, calories in the 800-1000 range AND

4) take a Strong Woman class (10 weeks)

This is SO do-able for us!!

Hi Sleeve. sorry to hear about your loss, but when the time is right, I'm sure you'll have a beautiful healthy baby.

I've just started my sleeve journey, so I would like to be able to lose 40 - 50 pounds by July 5th, my birthday.

I plan on doing this by:

1. Walking at least 5 miles everyday

2. Sticking to my high Protein (60-80 grams per day) and low carb diet

3. Drinking at least 8 glasses of Water

Thank you all! We can do this!

Veterans and Newbies.... lets set some goals. I am in the veteran category at nearly 19 months post-op. I am feeling spring fever and can't wait to wear cute outfits' date=' hit the beach, go fishing, and ride my bike. I briefly got into the upper 160's for the first time since 4th grade last summer. I am currently sitting at 175. Feeling like getting back there again!! I want to tone up a bit, and run a 5K.

My goals are:

1.) to weigh 165 by 30th birthday... July 25th 2013. (lose 10 solid pounds)

2.) run 5k before I turn 30.

#.) Post some pics on VSG talk to show the changes!!

How will I accomplish these goals? Start working out and burning 300-400 cals a day extra, and cut my current maintenance cals by 200 a day. I should be able to lose 10 pounds in 5 months!!!

What are your goals???

(Note: I was about 8 weeks pregnant until a few days ago, and sadly had a miscarriage. I am looking at the bright side, and know when it is time for me to start a family it will happen! I am going to wait to try for at least a year)[/quote']

Hey sleeve,

I love your attitude! So sorry for your loss. I have 50 pounds to loose by September!! I am going to increase my Water intake and walk three miles every weekday with my dog!

We can do this!!

I like this too! I'm turning 40 this year and just want to get to my goal weight by then! I'm nursing a broken leg, so I'd liked to be healed up before attempting any exercise feat! So, by the end of August, I'd like to weigh 165lbs. That's a huge feat since I have 75lbs to go to get there, but I'll at least try! Any loss is a true success! Good luck, all!

I like this too! I'm turning 40 this year and just want to get to my goal weight by then! I'm nursing a broken leg, so I'd liked to be healed up before attempting any exercise feat! So, by the end of August, I'd like to weigh 165lbs. That's a huge feat since I have 75lbs to go to get there, but I'll at least try! Any loss is a true success! Good luck, all!

you can do this! I am sorry about your broken leg! :-( Keep us posted

My goal is to lose 25 pounds and be in Onderland by June 7 (3 month post appt).

I plan to join a gym when I am cleared for exercise in a couple of weeks. In the meantime I am walking 1-3 times a day. I go back to work full time on Monday and my goal is to walk at least once a day. I will walk during lunch time on days in the office and in the hotel gym or at the mall when traveling.

My summer goal is to get under 200 lbs. I have 16 lbs to go. I'm taking my family on vacation June 9th. So that's when I would like to reach it. I'm just 3 months out from surgery. I'm also hoping to have my best race time for my half marathon in April.

How did everyone do? I hit 190 and exceeded my goal by 10 lbs.