Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!

Hello to Coco.c, Suzee279 and Chris,

Kudos to you for joining the new "it" group. B) Don't you feel special that we were the first group of people to get a special name! Gen X and the rest came after we paved the way!

You are home, now, surrounded by your peers. We're looking forward to hearing your story and responding to each fascinating post your write.

Feel free to send me a private PM for any reason. This, as you know, is a brand spanking new group. It's success will be dependent on members like you. In fact, I think I'll call you charter members since we have just begun.

This group will be closely monitored to avoid chaos, negativity, feuds and offensive content. I guarantee you have landed on a happy, supportive site. Do not hesitate to post whatever's on your mind. Be reassured, that only members in good standing will remain.

So, let's get it on ... or whatever it is we said ... back then.

One last thing ... be sure to check out Moderator Speaks for bits of miscellaneous info.

Sorry to be late in greeting our newest members, but my PC was just discharged from the hospital after fighting the PC Flu!

Welcome to Southern Soul, ScorpioMoon and snotch. I think snotch is the only guy so far, so you better speak up, snotch, before all the gals take over.

This group is still very new, and it will be awhile before it gets into full swing. Southern Soul has already done her part by posting the first message in the Boomer Chat Room. Now, we'd like to hear from the rest of you.

Since I just got my PC back, it'll be a few days before I can catch up with my online life and get back to bringing more oxygen into our aging group.

If we're only as old as we feel, that's great, 'cause I feel like I'm 50 ... and that's now before surgery. Once I get the mounds of extra weight off, I'm sure my attitude will drop back down into the 40s.

Now that we're all here, let's get this group going! Post, post, and post some more!

Hello,

My name is Cindy and I'm scheduled for the sleeve on 05.1.13. I'm 50 y/o and still hanging in there. I have been looking for some sleeve buddies and could not be more please to find this group.

I live in the Houston, TX area but was born and raised in Dallas. Miss Dallas tremendously, but this is where my roots are now. Looking forward to getting to know my fellow boomers.

Cindy :)

Hi Cindy,

Sorry for this late reply but I just got my PC back. Glad to hear you have a sleeve date. So how the heck are you? Are you doing anything special diet wise in preparation? What are you shopping for? How did you pick your doctor?

I have more questions for later. Remember (my favorite quote), "If you know all the answers, you haven't asked all the questions!"

Like you, I'm a pre-op having it done by a highly respected surgeon, Dr. David Provost of Denton. I can't wait. I'm so tired of being in pain from my arthritis.

I know how you feel about Dallas - there's no comparison to Houston. How'd you wind up in Houston? Wish you were still in Dallas. Then we could go to support meetings together. Oh, well.

I hope to see your rsvp to our special Spring Fling on

Saturday.

Looking forward to learning more about you!

Sassy

Hi Sassy,

I wish I were still in Dallas as well. I moved here in 2004 to help my father. He was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure and his wife had major stroke and was in nursing home rest of her 3 years. I stayed with my father through the whole illness until he died in our home in 2008. I'm so thankful I had that time with him. During those four years I met my husband. He can't relocate due to his career. We bought a home in Splendora, TX and have set up roots. My kids and grandkids have all moved here so I'm staying put, lol. I do go there once in a while to reminisce and visit my grandmother's grave.

When is your surgery date?

Cindy - I don't have a date yet. Still hung up in the pre-op paperwork. Glad you're happy in Houston area. That's great that your family moved there, too. You must cook one heck of a Sunday dinner. <smile>

Hey ... are you coming to our party Saturday night? Check the Boomer Party thread for details. With you, there will be 3 of us that are post-op. So come join in the fun!!

Sassy-No I can't come to the party due to going out of town today. Will be back Sunday. But, since you brought it up, how do you go to a party. Do you join a group in chat room?

Very new to boards.

Cindy - I'm new, too. I don't have the answer yet. I'm working on it. It's like the "Field of Dreams" - Build it and they will come. ha ha

Have a fun weekend. Tell us when you're back. You can post here or in Boomer's Chat Room.

Hugs, Sassy

New Members: DonRodolfo and kckitty

Welcome!! to our group. We're very happy you decided to join. We're a new group, so we're still getting our legs under us. There are a lot of nice, interesting, supportive ... and even funny ... members here. I know you'll enjoy the group, but you may have to be a little patient because we're still in the fits and start stage.

I've been busy on a project and haven't had much time lately to interact with the group. That will change in a week when the pressures of my project will ease somewhat. I hope some of our members will notice this posting and take the time to say hello to your personally.

We'd like to hear your story, if you'd like to post it. We'd like to know what's on your mind. So post a new topic or post in one that's already existing. Either way we'd like to know what's going on with you.

Are you pre-op or post-op? We have both here. I'm pre-op and I have a lot of questions. I hope you do too, or have some answers. Jump on in. The water's fine!

Note: The best way to keep up with what's going on is to "Follow this thread" option.