Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys,

Not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but I am kind of curious as to what post-op sleevers eat in a typical day. I am interested in hearing from sleevers at all stages. I am currently half way through my pre-op diet and I know that the first three stages of post op are limited but I am still interested in hearing food choices and allowences are made for the day.

Thanks guys!

I had my surgery about 9 weeks ago...

Typically for Breakfast I eat 1 egg white and 1 link of turkey sausage or 2 peices of turkey bacon. Sometimes I don't finish all of this... I also drink coffee in the morning.

For lunch it varies, I eat 2 peices of Turkey Lunch meat and a string cheese or if I go out for lunch my meal will last 2-3 meals

dinner I eat whatever the rest of my family is eatting just much smaller portions, honestly I eat much less then my 3 year old!

My food intake usualy totals 1/2 cup- 3/4 cup...

I'm about 4 months out and I'm pretty much can live on almonds or cashews with my Water until 4pm or 5pm then I usually cut up some cheese and meats and have that with maybe a very small piece of chicken breast or what ever meatis served up for the kids.

The only thing constant in my diet is chicken. I eat grilled chicken every day in different ways.

I grind up grilled chicken, cook it with taco mix and it with refried Beans and salsa - sometimes with shredded cheese, or dip grilled chicken chunks in some BBQ Sauce, or put Adobo seasoning on it.

Since my sleeving, I don't ever get a desire for a certain "flavor". food has become pretty much just something I need to live. So I eat the same old thing pretty much every day.

i put unflavored Protein powder in some things to make sure i hit 80g-100g of Protein daily.

Breakfast I usually have eggs with cheese and some type of meat--like a bacon slice or sausage

If not I make an iced mocha coffee drink with Protein Powder. I always aim for 25-30g protein at breakfast

morning snack is usually string cheese--1 sometimes 2 depends on what i had for breakfast--aim for 5g of protein

lunch I will have either chicken or fish with veggies 25-40g depending on what it is--if im in a rush I always have ProtiDiet Soups on hand, they taste pretty decent and can get a quick 15g in.

Afternoon snack is either cottage cheese with berries or pineapple or apple puree--or a greek yogurt.

8-15g of protein

I always have a 4:30 protein shake--15-25g of protein depending on what brand and how much whey base it is. (on my way to college from work)

at 5:30 I'll have hummus and celery as a snack if Im still in class,

dinner sadly i either skip it because im too tired after class and have met protein for the day, but I always always have on hand shredded chicken (i crock pot it on sunday and shred it down for the week emergency use) if im prepping something--I really go in and all out and recipe search and prep for something that aims for 20-30g of protein. Sometimes they are awesome casseroles or fish with shrimp and broc.

Now that my husband is sleeve i pay more attention because I know he isnt as detail oriented and i dont want him to get sick before i could go all day and not eat--i still can but i choose not too, i have a very strict timed schedule as to Water start and stop times and meal consumption--goes off on work computer and on cell phone. sometimes i can stick sometimes im caught up and just cant...im no angel

I make lots of things every chance i have a few spare moments, I'm not much of a go out hang out person on saturdays--i have gotten into habit of doing crustless quiche minis, mini meat loafs, protein brownies, protein icecream. I separate everything into muffin tins and perfect serving sizes so during the week im all grab and go ready.

Yes i do eat crunchy cheese doodles and sometimes a nutty bar...

any questions hahahah--this seems nuts as i reflect but it really is easy when everything is on hand, the weekends that im running errands things are harder--ive had to eat those purdue ready made grilled chickens while i am actually doing my food shopping to get protein and nutrients in.

and unlike other sleevers I love variety--i can eat so little that flavors make it worth while.

probably the best way for you to collect this information is to find the myfitnesspal username thread and add all of us on there, and then check out our food logs. That is the best way to get a realistic picture.

Most days I try to have at least one egg, and a 4 ounce salad - and something else in between those things.

The one constant thing for me is that I fix one Protein shake ( nectar chocolate Truffle) every day which gives me about 30 grams of Protein to start my day.

lunch is usually simple - an egg or egg salad, sliced roasted chicken, sometimes an Atkins bar. Or whatever I have in the fridge. Yesterday I fixed a low carb pancake (Dixie Diners low carb pancake mix) with sugar free Syrup ( Joseph's 0 Sugar Syrup). It was awesome!

I've gotten creative a little with dinner.... I divide up a pound of 93/7 ground meat into 2 oz portions and freeze them. Sometimes I'll brown my little portion and throw some scrambled egg whites, mushrooms, green onions, a little cheese and make my own concoction. Last night I had meatloaf ( I make an a really good Italian Meatloaf) -- I had about 2 oz with about 2 tablespoons of smothered cabbage. Last week I ate on a Five Guys Little Cheeseburger for 3 days -- I ate 1/3 of it per meal. I'm not really actively restricting anything at this point. Just making choices based on what else I had during the day.

For Snacks it is usually a Laughing Cow BabyBell Light.

I forgot to mention -- I'm looking forward to making Crab Quiche next week. Someone posted the recipe here and it sounds good! I try to make something yummy each week to have throughout the week... this week it was meatloaf...

almost a month post op. I always start my breakfast with a Premier Protein shake (one of my pre-op issues was skipping meals especially breakast). snack is usually some cheese. lunch is either chili, stew, or fish. dinner is the same as lunch. But myfitnesspal is awesome for viewing other people's diarys. I wish everyone set their settings to allow their friends to view their diarys because it is very helpful to look at those losing weight how many calories, Protein, carbs and what they are eating.

i put unflavored Protein powder in some things to make sure i hit 80g-100g of Protein daily.

Breakfast I usually have eggs with cheese and some type of meat--like a bacon slice or sausage

If not I make an iced mocha coffee drink with Protein Powder. I always aim for 25-30g protein at breakfast

morning snack is usually string cheese--1 sometimes 2 depends on what i had for breakfast--aim for 5g of protein

lunch I will have either chicken or fish with veggies 25-40g depending on what it is--if im in a rush I always have ProtiDiet Soups on hand' date=' they taste pretty decent and can get a quick 15g in.

Afternoon snack is either cottage cheese with berries or pineapple or apple puree--or a greek yogurt.

8-15g of protein

I always have a 4:30 protein shake--15-25g of protein depending on what brand and how much whey base it is. (on my way to college from work)

at 5:30 I'll have hummus and celery as a snack if Im still in class,

dinner sadly i either skip it because im too tired after class and have met protein for the day, but I always always have on hand shredded chicken (i crock pot it on sunday and shred it down for the week emergency use) if im prepping something--I really go in and all out and recipe search and prep for something that aims for 20-30g of protein. Sometimes they are awesome casseroles or fish with shrimp and broc.

Now that my husband is sleeve i pay more attention because I know he isnt as detail oriented and i dont want him to get sick before i could go all day and not eat--i still can but i choose not too, i have a very strict timed schedule as to Water start and stop times and meal consumption--goes off on work computer and on cell phone. sometimes i can stick sometimes im caught up and just cant...im no angel

I make lots of things every chance i have a few spare moments, I'm not much of a go out hang out person on saturdays--i have gotten into habit of doing crustless quiche minis, mini meat loafs, protein brownies, protein icecream. I separate everything into muffin tins and perfect serving sizes so during the week im all grab and go ready.

Yes i do eat crunchy cheese doodles and sometimes a nutty bar...

any questions hahahah--this seems nuts as i reflect but it really is easy when everything is on hand, the weekends that im running errands things are harder--ive had to eat those purdue ready made grilled chickens while i am actually doing my food shopping to get protein and nutrients in.

and unlike other sleevers I love variety--i can eat so little that flavors make it worth while.[/quote']

Would you mind sharing your iced mocha coffee sounds so yummy

Would you mind sharing your iced mocha coffee sounds so yummy

It isnt anything spectacular--cold coffee--8-10oz and one scoop chocolate Protein powder, ice, skim milk and sometimes a drop of vanilla extract. Caramel Torani sugar free Syrup is a good option too for caramel iced coffee with vanilla Protein Powder or unflavored. Mix is with cold coffee or it clumps...u can heat after it is mixed if you prefer.

It isnt anything spectacular--cold coffee--8-10oz and one scoop chocolate Protein powder' date=' ice, skim milk and sometimes a drop of vanilla extract. Caramel Torani sugar free Syrup is a good option too for caramel iced coffee with vanilla Protein powder or unflavored. Mix is with cold coffee or it clumps...u can heat after it is mixed if you prefer.[/quote']

You might try chike if you like the recipe above. Ilikechike.com. I add a packet to a shaker cup with ice and its wonderful! Tastes like this recipe sounds like it would. It is pretty strong coffee-wise so i use about 10 oz rather than 8.

Thank you ladies I'm gonna try the both of them before surgery I was a mocha ice coffee lover and I have been looking for a non fat recipe

When making iced coffees, instant coffee is a winner. You can add the flavor of coffee without adding all the liquid, so it's not so diluted when you start crushing ice into it.