Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

and it is true! Protein

I had my surgery on 2/8/2013. Since then I have been "eating" liquids only adding like a teaspoon of Protein Powder to the Soups or pudding. I knew I was not getting enough Protein. I had only losy 6 lbs since the surgery. Yesterday I tracked and I had 48 grams of protein and this morning when I stepped on the scale WOW i had lost almost 5lbs! So now I am trying to get as much protein as possible. I am trying my hardest to drink an isopur. It is soooooooo hard i gag every time I sip. Does anyone have any suggestion for protein with drinks. Like a powder you can put in Water or something that doesnt taste like isopur.

Could you try chocolate Protein Powder in warm Water, like a hot chocolate? Or add vanilla PP to diet hot chocolate. Just don't make it too hot or it will clump. Make with milk or soy milk for more Protein. Also, I like Muscle Milk lite thinned out with some almond mil--more palatable when thinner. Sometimes I shake it up in a shaker even though it's ready-made. Tastes like chocolate milk. I have Isopure in my fridge and it's taunting me--just doesn't strike my fancy. I'm thinking of diluting with some water and adding Mio or CL with some ice.

I used whey Islolate by Cytosport. It comes in a Tropical, Watermelon and one other flavor. If you have GNC or Vitamind Shoppe both those stores carry it. It has 32 grams and zero carbs. Its a little sweet but it worked well for a clear Protein Drink and was not nearly as nasty as Isopure. I still use it now after a workout.

The other Protein Drink I love is the BariWise hot chocolate. They make all different flavors and it's great. Its what I usually have for Breakfast.< /p>

I have been using the Premier Protein drinks from costco. Only the chocolate. I dilute them with Water, milk and coffee.< /p>

Actually if you add unflavored Protein to sugar free hot chocolate, it *is* hot chocolate :D I lived off that for a long time until I could tolerate more foods. I would take two packets of SF hot cocoa and two scoops of unflavored powder and get a drink that had about 150 calories and 20g protein. For more calories and protein, make it with milk instead of Water.< /p>

Not a fan of the powers. too much trouble, never seem to fully mix and leave all that crud at the bottom of the cup. I second the Premiers from costco. Easy going down, aren't too sweet. They sell the vanilla and chocolate (Premier has a strawberry flavor but I have never seen it). The vanilla can be touched up with a splash of Tornai sugar free caramel or English Toffee. Good stuff!

Not a fan of the powers. too much trouble' date=' never seem to fully mix and leave all that crud at the bottom of the cup. I second the Premiers from costco. Easy going down, aren't too sweet. They sell the vanilla and chocolate (Premier has a strawberry flavor but I have never seen it). The vanilla can be touched up with a splash of Tornai sugar free caramel or English Toffee. Good stuff![/quote']

I love these. Seriously the best Protein I've tried.

I've had such a hard time with almost every form of Protein. I'm at almost the 4 month mark now and I've finally found a few that I can alternate. I found Sunkist Protein "shots" from Nashuanutrition online. They are also where I found my Syntrax nectar individual packets- it's not as sweet as most which was perfect for me because sweet flavors and I don't do well together. Last but not least, GNC carries a great Unflavored powder that I use for Soups, tea, hot cocoa, etc. I've found that I use the Sunkist shots only on days that my protein has been really low because it has 42g in it. My go to every day stuff is the Syntrax Nectar- I add more Water to them just to make sure I'm getting my fluids in, but you can do it as you like it. Some people I know add them to plain Greek yogurt.

Hope some of that helps you!

I use the unflavored Unjury which has 21 grams of Protein and mix that with the Premiere Protein, which is 30 grams of protien. That is a total of 51 grams of protein. I add things such as Kale to my shake on some days, berries, Peanut Butter. This just changes up the flavor for me when I get bored. I bought an entire case of Isopure and can't stand the taste or the smell:-(

Kort:

You may have to try different brands until you find the one that works for you. Early out I did the costco Premier shakes because they were high in Protein and low in sugar and calories. I got bored with those, so now I drink Light Muscle Milk. I add a cup of nonfat milk and put it in the blender. It's a total of 16 ounces and I drink half first thing in the morning, and the other half in the evening. This ensures that I always get in 30 grams of protein. I get the rest in from food.< /p>

Early on I had shakes this way twice a day, so I got 60 grams easily and half of my liquids just from the shakes. I find that diluting it with milk enables me to get it down easier, makes it not so thick and sweet, and I need the extra calories from the nonfat milk, since my diet is pretty low calorie. Good luck.

I used the Premier Protien (chocolate) from costco, they were pretty good.

Now, I also use the Celebrate ENS chocolate powder (comes in other flavors too, the vanilla cake batter wasn't too bad if you like that). I like it because it isn't thick and heavy, has a lite chocolate taste and isn't gritty. The best part is that each 8oz drink contains 25grams of protien, 1/2 of my Vitamin and 1/3 of my Calcium requirement for the day. 2 drinks and a Calcium chew and I'm set for the day...plus 50grams of Protein. It's a little pricey, but sooo worth it for me.

I hate to be the bearer of. As news but if I was In your shoes I'd want to know so here it goes.....

I also started w the premier Protein shakes from Costcoi only had the vanilla and it was doable I had no complaints but thennnnm I noticed the label said it was made w whey Protein CONCENTRATE not whey protein isolate who j is what we need. Skipping to the chase I called Premier Protein and asked whAt grade pdcaaas score their shake was and I was surprised they admitted their score was only s ONE out of 100. What does that mean? In short it means that Ur not getting the. 30g of protein the can says you're getting. I researched and found that most if not all Protein Shakes r also concentrate. So I called injury who scores 100 out of 100 and I ordered that. It hasn't come yet do I can't comment on if it tastes good or not but at least I'll know I'm getting 21h per drink ...if anyone wants more inf google pdcaaas scores and feel free to call the co that makes Ur shake and ask w what their score is. I'm so upset I waisted 5 weeks getting duped w how much protein I was getting. I hope this helps someone xo