Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to break a stall?

Alright....day 13 at the same weight and I'm 22 days post op! How do we break these stalls??? I'm currently having in a day:

8 ounces of Decaf tea

1 egg

1 string cheese

1/3 cup fat free refried Beans

8 ounces of skim milk in carnation shake

20 ounces about of clear fluids

I already know that I need more fluids, this is soooo hard when I'm full so fast. Any tricks getting more fluids in? Or desirable fluids?

Try up'ing your calories just alittle your body is getting used to where your at and is getting comfortable you need to try and switch things up. have you been walking or anything

Raising calories and carbs worked for me. I was talking in another thread about how smoothie king's Gladiator smoothie actually has way more sugar and carbs than what's shown on the website, but if you need to up cals a few days that'd be good. Get the king size and drink on it all day - if you add an extra scoop of Protein (which I did) it will give you 65 or so grams of protein.

I wouldnt recommend up'ing the carbs unless your working out. or else they will just turn to sugar and stored fat and thats counter effective to what where doing. If your working out hard than yes but you been a newbie still i would not suggest doing that at this early on in the surg.

I wouldnt recommend up'ing the carbs unless your working out. or else they will just turn to sugar and stored fat and thats counter effective to what where doing. If your working out hard than yes but you been a newbie still i would not suggest doing that at this early on in the surg.

Then how else would you suggest taking calories up? Lean Protein wont work... That will fill you up fast and you wont get in many cals. Veggies wont work.. Youll be full off of few cals. Any other options?

At 22 days post op my recommendation would be up your fluids. :-) try adding crystal light to Water, Decaf tea with Splenda, cucumber or lemon and a packet of Splenda to Water. I found that if I have a bigger bottle of water 24+ oz and I have 2-3 of those per day helps.

On a side note at 10 wks out today I'm just now hitting 64 oz. at your point I was hitting between 30-40 increasing day by day...

Hope that helps

-Cassie

Sent from my iPhone using VST

On a side note at 10 wks out today I'm just now hitting 64 oz. at your point I was hitting between 30-40 increasing day by day...

I must have something wrong :( I can drink 3 of the 24oz smart waters plus a 12oz Protein shake in the morning... sometimes 4 of the smart waters.

I put the scale away, ate until I was full and increased my calories. I was stuck for a bit as well, and I think my body was conserving everything I was eating.

After two weeks, I had dropped four lbs.

Protein is your best friend the first 6 months because thats when you lose the fastest. If taking in alot of carbs was good for us than non of us would of needed the surgery in the first place. lol you can get anywhere from 100-180 calories from a Protein Shake i would suggest adding in an extra one of these a day thats where your extra calories are WITHOUT adding in sugar or carbs

Thanks for the help everyone! I'm going to add a Protein Shake, and fluids. I'm starting Zumba again Saturday and that is going to eat up all my calories! Eating more is not really an option right now, I'm lucky I can finish the food I do. I couldn't even finish a one egg omelette this morning....

I must have something wrong :( I can drink 3 of the 24oz smart waters plus a 12oz Protein shake in the morning... sometimes 4 of the smart waters.

I consider myself very lucky, I am the same as you, I can drink at least 3 20oz Vitamin Water zeros a day and a 24oz Water. I do make sure I count those carbs, but I find I can drink the VW Zero much faster than regular water.

I was stuck for a week or so until I upped my calories/protein/water then it started coming off again. You need to kick your metabolism out of starvation mode for your body to start processing the fat again.

Getting in the Water is the hardest thing for me so I started carrying a bottle with me wherever I went and sipping from it constantly. If it's not right there in front of me I completely space on it during the day. It gets to dinner time and I realize I have only had a Protein shake and maybe a glass of Water and it's HARD to make up the difference so late in the day. Drink early and often :)

I'm a shortie tho, only 5'2" so I'm guessing my stomach may not have been as 'long' as others? :P nothing wrong with that, I wish I could drink a bit more actually...and it's a struggle to get that much lol

I'm 8 weeks out and I can easily get in 64 ounces of fluids no problem. I am trying to drink even more Water at doctors recommendation to flush out the molecules of fat, etc that the body is breaking down. I have been getting all my Fluid in since the beginning of week two. I do prefer room temperature water and power ade zero. Those two are mainly what I drink. My doctor never recommended Protein Drinks as a have to. I did not tolerate the milk or whey based pre-op anyhow. He wants me to get my Protein first from food always and carbs last. I was also kept on liquids for 6 weeks so to all of you that were able to eat any real food puree or not before then consider yourselves lucky. Lol. I was sick of yogurt and cottage cheese. Needed some crunch. My teeth forgot how to chew significantly I think. They have since been reintroduced.