Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery 2/22....Scared and Excited

Surgery is set for 2/22 and I'm really nervous. I don't want to focus on all the negatives that could happen, but my anxiety is taking over....any other people out there feeling this way? :o

I think the majority of us 'sleevers' were nervous to some extent. I was actually fine and dandy and excited up until 2 days before hand. Then I got super nervous and anxious. I actually went and hugged my good friends and told them all how much I loved them (just in case of course lol). But the hospital told me I could take a xanax prior to showing up to calm my nerves and once they put me out, I woke up sleeved :) Nerves are normal but there isnt one thing I regret about getting sleeved except that I didnt do it sooner. Congrats to you! 10 days and youll be on the 'losers bench'.

It's normal. I'm off and on with the anxiety... Good Luck to you!

I'm not nervous yet, but am sure I will be as the big day gets closer. Right now I am in insurance limbo. If they come back with my approval I could be sleeved as soon as March 5th. I need this so bad that all I have done is syke ,myself up for he big day.

Congrats to you Bunny for the awesome job so far. The rest of us will be with you shortly. :-)

I'm scheduled for 2/26 and feel the same way. Excited but nervous! It's a big lifestyle change. Hang in there, I'm sure our nervousness is all for nothing :)

Hi, my surgery is 2/20 and I'm getting so nervous about it too. I'm so afraid something will go wrong or that I won't be able to lose the weight. I have a million thoughts running wild in my head. Like others have said, I think it is normal. Good luck to you,and me on our new journey.

I was nervous up until the time I was put under.... Then afterwords a little depressed. I never realized how much food had been a part of my life till after the surgery. So I had some ups and downs the first week afterwords..... I am definitely getting better though and I am very glad I did it. I think we all go through pre-jitters when opting for any type of permanent surgery.

My surgery schedule for the 19th. I am beyond nervous and excited. I keep thinking I wish it was a year from now and this was all behind me. Good luck to everyone

Thanks everyone ;) Glad to know so many of you going through this with me and having some of the same feelings! Best Wishes to all ;)