Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im back, surgery 3/2

I changed my mind. I can't handle another summer obese, I just can't. 6 months is too long to wait and jump through hoops and continue my life this way

So.... Drumroll please!?

I just paid my deposit and booked my flight. I leave march first and am scheduled for march 2nd with dr. Garcia at MiDoctor. I couldn't be more excited!!

But I'm also nervous and freaking out, you know? Did I make the right choice?! Am I crazy?! Will I get trampled like a field mouse in a stampede @ the airports, etc. (first flight,ever)

Phew.

So that's me. Anyone else going march 2nd?

Congrats!! I'll be in Tijuana and at MI Doctor about a week before you.

~Kat

Great news, kind of. It makes me mad that this is probably just why insurance companies make people wait and do so much crap! In hopes you and everyone let's them get away with not paying. ARGHH..

So frustrating for you and i totally understand not waiting. Get on with your healthy life and good luck.. You'll love MX and the wonderful professional drs and staff there

Congrats!! I'll be in Tijuana and at MI Doctor about a week before you.

~Kat

How stoked are you!? Not long at all! How long is your flight from fl? Mine is about 6 hours from MO, 3.5 hour layover. What am I going to do for 3.5 hours?

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!

How stoked are you!? Not long at all! How long is your flight from fl? Mine is about 6 hours from MO, 3.5 hour layover. What am I going to do for 3.5 hours?

I am really excited but trying to not build it up too much. I'm not nervous at all. I've had several laprascopic surgeries and have already recovered really, really quickly so I think that helps the nerves.

My flight is super long...I'm dreading that. Total flight time will be approximately 7-7.5 hours, with a layover of at least an hour, depending on the flight I purchase. Because it's such a long flight and the time difference, we are going to fly in to San Diego the night before.

I think the nerves will strike around the time I arrive at the airport, less because of the surgery, and more because my OCD personality is overwhelmed by how out of control I am at the airport and during travel.

I'm a big reader so I'll be downloading a fresh supply of books onto my Kindle before leaving home! :)

~Kat

I flew to FL from San Diego too. It was a very long day. I packed a couple of broth packets and single serve Crystal lites. Didn't get too much Protein in that day but got my fluids by sipping all day.

Welcome back! You're gonna do great--flying is easy.

I flew to FL from San Diego too. It was a very long day. I packed a couple of broth packets and single serve Crystal lites. Didn't get too much Protein in that day but got my fluids by sipping all day.

I'm attempting to order some samples and get some things together now so I won't forget or be overwhelmed at the last minute. I am kind of worrying about energy and flying cross country so soon post-op, but staying longer just isn't an option. I will need to get home to my kid. Plus, at 5 full days away from him, it'll be the longest I've spent away from him. I debated taking him with and attempting to turn it into a mini-vacation for him but I just don't think he'd have fun. Plus, I'm not telling him much about the surgery. He is an anxious kid, as it is, and I don't want him worrying.

I will probably ask for wheelchair assistance in the airport, just to make sure I can get from one gate to another. If I don't need it, great, but it's an option if I do need it.

~Kat

Thanks for the reminder about wheelchair assistance. And Unjury chicken broth. :)

How stoked are you!? Not long at all! How long is your flight from fl? Mine is about 6 hours from MO' date=' 3.5 hour layover. What am I going to do for 3.5 hours?[/quote']

What part of MO?

Hi Amy!

It's been a while!

As a woman, you are allowed to change your mind!

You have a good head on your shoulders and I know that any decision you make comes from much thought and weighing out the benefits and the risks.

I am happy for you and will always wish you the best!

Laura

Oh by the way you will do fine in the airport!

What part of MO?

Near Columbia. You?

It's so good to have you back, amytug! For flying, just be sure to bring something to read...or if you have an electronic device, load up a movie or two to watch on the flight. Definitely bring something that plays music and earphones...to calm you and also in case you have lots of kids sitting nearby. I always travel with one of those blow-up pillows. I put only a small amount of air in it and place it behind my lower back because airplane seats have no lumbar support at all. I'll be flying from Charlotte NC to San Diego, with a layover in Dallas.

Layovers are boring, but it's a great opportunity to walk around and people-watch. Since we'll be on Clear liquids while flying, I'll be well stocked with crystal light. I, too, was planning on using the injury chicken Soup... but yesterday I tried some for the first time and had an allergic reaction! Will try again today, and hope that it doesn't happen because that stuff is great and I had planned it as my "go to" Protein after surgery

Advice to all: be sure to sample all the drinks and Proteins before you leave for surgery....because having an severe allergic reaction shortly after surgery would really, really suck!!