Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A $2,000 Bill in the mail

Received a letter in the mail for $2,000 for anesthesia. This was all supposed to be covered with my insurance! Of course I get home and my doctor and the anesthesia office is closed. It said myself and or my doc didn't get prior approval for anesthesia. Really? I'm sure I signed my first born over with all of those forms I signed at 7am IV and all on top of my nerves! I really hope I don't have to pay this crap! Sorry lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Hey, if you were approved by your insurance, then I would think anesthesia would be covered...unless they think your made of steel and don't need anesthesia.

Good luck with getting it resolved.

Hey' date=' if you were approved by your insurance, then I would think anesthesia would be covered...unless they think your made of steel and don't need anesthesia.

Good luck with getting it resolved.[/quote']

I'm going to use that quote when I call lol thx!!!!

They probably havent recieved payment from your INS yet,and then they will send you a bill,although it should state on there that it was sent to your INS and what date etc

They probably havent recieved payment from your INS yet' date='and then they will send you a bill,although it should state on there that it was sent to your INS and what date etc[/quote']

It actually says denied lol bc we didn't get approval first.

I went through that 3 times, one gall bladder removal and 2 wls. The insurance company said the people at anethesia didn't fill out paperwork right. The anesthesia people wouldn't talk to me. Back and forth with the insurance company. They won't talk to each other which would solve the problem but they are knuckleheads. It went on for many months. I think I've finally defeated them. It was $3,000 a whack.

Keep making phone calls until you get someone with a brain in their head.

Who the heck gives surgery approval with out getting anesthesia approval? It's not like you can opt out on the anesthesia, they kind of go together lol! I really hope you get that sorted out soon!

Let us know what happens I've never herd of this before.

This has happened to me before...I think it is deceitful but it has happened. I did specifically make sure that the anesthesiologist that my surgeon used was covered since I have been burned before...

All resolved! It was resubmitted n approved! Thx everyone!!!!

I wish I would have known you could fight it. Insurance didn't pay for anesthesia for either of my csections!

I wish I would have known you could fight it. Insurance didn't pay for anesthesia for either of my csections!

You should have argued that you have no control over the anesthesiologist. I'm sorry you had to do that. I know of a friend who had a breast reduction and she got a bill too and fought it.

It's all a scam!!! Lol

Glad it finally got approved. Sometimes it's an idiot processing claims.