Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday made my 6 weeks Post-op date I was sleeved on 12/6/12 and since yesterday I have been feeling really weak, sick feeling and this morning only got about an ounce down before i started to throw up (oatmeal) and have been experiencing rapid heart rate (the heart thing been going on since maybe my second week out but has increasingly got worse this week) I call the hospital and they tell me to go back to stage one for the next 2-3 days.. Uggg I'm supposed to be progressing to stage 4 today now I have to back track to stage one.. ***frustrated**** I hope I dont have a leak and they ignoring it because I am telling them all my symptoms and their solution is go back to stage one!!! Has anyone else had this issue so late after surgery? Be mindful I have never thrown up before until today outside of a cheat attempt (trail and error lol )

The rapid heartbeat thing is concerning and has nothing to do with food textures. Personally...I didn't push hard enough for a barium swallow (leak test of choice). Given how long this has gone on, and the weakness (which I had in spades) I would call back and not ask, but insist on one. It's an inexpensive and easy test to rule out a major problem. My leak was small...so it took a while to really damage me. But mine was there from the start. You started to experience symptoms in the highest risk window as well so it really should be ruled out.

Btw...I also didn't throw up until damn near the end. It's not a standard symptom of a leak. But the weakness and general illness definitely is.

Please go get a leak test to be safe

Please insist on one.You are the person who has to be in charge and you have symptoms of a serious problem. Better safe than sorry.

Thank you guys for all the feedback they are closed until Monday but Monday morning i will call and insist on the test to be done thank you thank you thank you

monday is a holiday hun. if they arent open go to an er if your symptoms havent changed. personally id like to drive you there now. leaks kill quickly, especially if they have been festering. a few days can mean the loss of vital organs :( they have to have an emergency number. they can order the barium swallow at your local hospital over the phone. delay is not your friend when sepsis is involved.

If you didn't have the heart issue before surgery, I'd take faster action. From all the complications symptoms I have read about, that and some of the others you have listed s things to watch for with either a leak or bleed. Everything I've read says don't put off going to an ER if things don't seem right. It may be something minor but better safe than sorry.

monday is a holiday hun. if they arent open go to an er if your symptoms havent changed. personally id like to drive you there now. leaks kill quickly, especially if they have been festering. a few days can mean the loss of vital organs :( they have to have an emergency number. they can order the barium swallow at your local hospital over the phone. delay is not your friend when sepsis is involved.

DANG I SURE DID FORGET Thank you I will

If you didn't have the heart issue before surgery, I'd take faster action. From all the complications symptoms I have read about, that and some of the others you have listed s things to watch for with either a leak or bleed. Everything I've read says don't put off going to an ER if things don't seem right. It may be something minor but better safe than sorry.

You are right If i'm still feeling ill in the morning I will go to the ER

OMG u are so sweet I will take my symptoms seriously i wanted to loose weight to be healthier so dying would sort of defeat the purpose huh?

And just research that dehydration can cause a lot of these symptoms as well, including the arrhythmia.

Thank you my dear. I hope that you go in and find that nothing is wrong :) but reading your story concerns me as I said and did much of what you said here. Those extra days made it harder to repair my leak and while I was damn lucky that the experimental procedure worked, well I was damn lucky. Every moment is important when it comes to tissue damage. My doc also dismissed my worries too much and that lead me down a dark and dangerous path. I don't want you there! When your heart becomes involved, as it has given your statements, well you just have to get things done.

Don't forget a BARIUM SWALLOW! I make that in all caps so you get that memorized. A straight CAT scan or Xray will not definitively rule out a leak. I had lots of those during my early er visits. But the swallow test is definitive, and frankly it's an easy test for you to take. You drink some horrible bitter liquid (like biting into an orange peel and then they watch it flow. A good tech will tell you whats happening so you can watch too. You'll know right away and if you do have a leak it can be taken care of right away, verses waiting for the tissue to deteriorate further. If you don't have a leak, you still have the heart rate issue and they can do an ekg (or is it eeg...I always screw that up) and see why yours is an issue. Your doc likely couldn't do a swallow test at the office anyhoo so they'd send you in. You're just doing it sooner.

Please let us know what you find out. I'm keeping you in my thoughts!

And just research that dehydration can cause a lot of these symptoms as well' date=' including the arrhythmia.[/quote']

It could, and that's a fix that they can do in the ER as well. She may very well need it! If they do this your rate will even out as they give you fluids. :)

Yesterday made my 6 weeks Post-op date I was sleeved on 12/6/12 and since yesterday I have been feeling really weak' date=' sick feeling and this morning only got about an ounce down before i started to throw up (oatmeal) and have been experiencing rapid heart rate (the heart thing been going on since maybe my second week out but has increasingly got worse this week) I call the hospital and they tell me to go back to stage one for the next 2-3 days.. Uggg I'm supposed to be progressing to stage 4 today now I have to back track to stage one.. ***frustrated**** I hope I dont have a leak and they ignoring it because I am telling them all my symptoms and their solution is go back to stage one!!! Has anyone else had this issue so late after surgery? Be mindful I have never thrown up before until today outside of a cheat attempt (trail and error lol ) [/quote']

I am 6 weeks today myself I feel good but I throw up almost everyday and wake up in the middle of the night throwing up I have to be carful not to sleep on my back. Also the first few weeks or month I had the fast heart rate and very weak and dizzy it turned out my blood presser was super low so if your taking any meds make sure it's not making your BP low. Good luck and let me know how your doing. Again I was sleeved on 12/7/12