Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My stomache is making noises!!!!

Hi, my name is Christina. I was banded the other day, Thurs Nov 2. Today is my 1st full day at home. I woke this morning and my stomache was growling? I think, not sure what the sound was. It has been doing it all day off and on. It doesn't hurt. I am on a Jello, broth, h20 diet till Wed when I see my Doc and the nutritionist for the next step. I am a little confused on how much I should drink at once? This usually helps the noise. Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks

Hi Christina,

My stomach regularly does the same thing!! It's REALLY weird feeling and sounds strange. I got my first fill on Thursday and the fleuro showed that there was a lot of air in my stomach and that was causing all of the weird noises.

It seems that when I drink I take in air as well...the doc suggested a couple of Gas-X chewables to get rid of the air, but long-term he told me I needed to learn to drink and eat without swallowing as much air.

Good luck with the grumbling tummy!

TOO FUNNY...........MY TUMMY IS A NOISY BEAST ! I WAS BANDED IN APRIL OF THIS YEAR AND AS I SIT HERE SIPPING SOME DELICIOUS PECAN Decaf, THE TUMMY TENOR IS JUST A SINGING AWAY........... THAT IS OK WITH ME THOUGH; "BETTER A BEASTLY SOUNDING GUT THAN A BEASTLY SIZED GUT" ! MY FRIENDS AT WORK HAVE MADE FRIENDS WITH THE BEAST,,,,,,,,,WE ALWAYS CHUCKLE AT THE SILLY NOISES IT MAKES. I GUESS YA HAVE TO LOOK AT THE FUNNY BRIGHT SIDE OF IT AND TRY NOT TO BE TOO EMBARRASSED.:)

Hi Christina, I was banded on Thursday 2/10/06 also. Does that make us bonded somehow it'd be nice to have someone on the same journey at the same time to talk to. I'm also experiencing bloating and noises but also pain under my ribcage and left shoulder not to mention wound pain but I'm sure this will lessen with time,I hope.Having trouble finding things to eat or should I say drink? but have"nt been that ravenous so far.Can anyone tell me how much on average ou lose in 1st month, too much would not be good mice to meet you all and look forward to lots of mutual support I tink we'll need it. banded Barbara

Hi Christina,

I had surgery October 30, 2006. My stomach is doing the same thing but I think it's a mixure of gas and being hungry for me. But, I had wanted to know, "How much should I be drinking at once?" too. If I find the answer i'll let you know a.s.a.p.

Christina,

I was hungry when they woke me up from surgery! My stomach was all twisty and weird, and my I was hungry. I was banded on Nov. 1st also. My docs post op instructions were that we should be able to drink 4-6 ounces of the Protein drink in about 30 minutes. Thats to keep us full for a while, while also not throwing up and possibly slipping the band. It has been 4 days since surgery, and I only just started tonight with the Protein Drink, and I could only get a few sips at a time before I felt full. Now I think I will sip some more, because I have only been doing gatorade, broth, and Water so far. But its hard for me to telll the gas pain from the hunger pain. If I drink Water, sometimes it hurts more! Anyway, I guess we'll get used to it all. Good Luck!!

this is funny. i am getting close to being a year out and my tummy never made noises until about a month ago....now, after every lunch...it just sings the afternoon away...it does not bother me but i find it interesting it just started out of the blue!!!

Thanks everyone for helping me out with this. It has gotten better. Took everyones advise. I have been taking Gas X it "sounds" like it is working. Feels like it too. I have been moving around more as well and that seems to help as well. I also started drinking more broth ( had enough of the boring H20) Thanks again!

Christina:clap2:

Hi Christina, I was banded on Thursday 2/10/06 also. Does that make us bonded somehow it'd be nice to have someone on the same journey at the same time to talk to. I'm also experiencing bloating and noises but also pain under my ribcage and left shoulder not to mention wound pain but I'm sure this will lessen with time,I hope.Having trouble finding things to eat or should I say drink? but have"nt been that ravenous so far.Can anyone tell me how much on average ou lose in 1st month, too much would not be good mice to meet you all and look forward to lots of mutual support I tink we'll need it. banded Barbara

I quess we are " banded in Bond!" LOL! Sounds good to me I would like someone who is on the same timeline as me to during this journey. I am sure I will need all the support I can get and I hope I can help others as well. Keep in touch let me know how you are doing!. Chrisitna:)

Hi Christina,

I was banded on Nov 1. Where are you located?

Stephanie I was banded on nov 2,

Long Island NY by Dr. R. Vohra

Chrisitna

Everytime I think I have intergestion, I seem to have to let out a belch. So This could just be the build up of the gases trying to escape. I did start having some Gastro problems today. I think my body is retaliating to all the luquids. Any body else having this problem?