Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good Morning World. My surgery date is set for May 17, 2013 (saving more money to self pay), 7,000.) Has Anyone here been to PVR for surgery with Dr. Castaneda?

No I did not use him, but did you research other doctors? My doctor in Tijuana was $4700.00 in September. You mentioned you are self pay so I thought I might offer another Doctor.

No I did not use him, but did you research other doctors? My doctor in Tijuana was $4700.00 in September. You mentioned you are self pay so I thought I might offer another Doctor.

I agree! After a lot of research I found many EXCELLENT drs for less cost. Unless you're goal is for a resort dr, but mr surgery was TJ, MX and I would go again.. Fact my daughter is this spring for less than $5000.00.

I have. My doctor here in New Orleans Suggested Dr. Castaneda if i was "hell bent" on going to Mexico. He is higher then most that I have seen but I figured I would also use PVR as a mini Vacation as well. Just having trouble finding a lot about him on blogs. A couple of medical journals and YouTube videos but that's about it. I'm guessing he doesn't advertise much. Thanks for the suggestion.

Who did your surgery?

Dr ponce de leon. If you search the forum you will read nothing but good things. Besides his excellent care his biggest perk is his coordinator, Trish. We had so much fun. We ran around like teenagers on spring break!

Good luck Kristyh! I can't wait to hear your story even you get back. Airport, hotel, etc.

if you are up to it.

I opted for Dr. Lopez in TJ. I almost did PV but decided to save the extra money for PV next year so I can enjoy it properly... And be a bit healthier/thinner.

Amanda Rae

I will keep you posted mimistar! Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly haha'

Yes, I used him in August and have no complaints. Very successful surgery, great facilities, and great doctor. Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Hi, I was sleeved in PVR on Oct 20/12 by Dr Lopez, his price was different which was a little more because it is a resort. If your at the same hospital and resort you will love it. best of luck to you. BTW, I loved Dr lopez and his assistant, excellent care and no problems post op.

Good Morning World. My surgery date is set for May 17' date=' 2013 (saving more money to self pay), 7,000.) Has Anyone here been to PVR for surgery with Dr. Castaneda?[/quote']

Hi Mimistar, yes I went to Mexico and used Dr. Castaneda, he was amazing along with his team. The care you receive in the hospital is unbelievable. I am from Canada, the hospital there was unbelievable, the cleanliness would blow you away. The hospital is brand new, there was 4 of us that went and we were the first ones he did surgery on in the new hospital. This hospital is only for tourists, no Mexicans allowed, it is very quiet and in Nuevo Mexico. Is this where you are going?

Glad you hear something positive finally. I'm going to Premiere Hospital and staying at the Marriott CasaMagna. I check in on May 16th. My best friend Kahla is coming with me. She's a recovery/ICU nurse who needs a vacation. So I'm hoping for a great experience, a little TLC and for her to be able to unwind. So far, he has been prompt when I email them with questions. We shall see.

How ate you all doing?

Still waiting on date?

Post surgery?

You are in great hands with dr c as well as his team. We also stayed at the Marriott we went with a facilitator that had a house rented and when we got there the a/c and Water quit working, so dr c booked us onto the Marriott. It was very therapeutic and relaxing. We are all doing very well , I have lost 42 lbs since surgery oct 24. Has anyone explained what the leak tests are about, and about the drains? That you have to drink a blue dye so they can see if you have a leak, and that it will give you the runs...take a shoelace like a long one and use this when you shower to clip your drains to so they don't just hang b/c it pulls on the tubes when they hang, so if you put the lace around your neck ans tie a knot at each ebd and clip the drains to the knots it takes the pressure off. Take gas x it helps lots and walk walk walk. If you don't walk you will be hurting. I was sick when I came out of the anesthetic and I couldn't get up to walk until the next day and it put me a day behind everyone else, so do lots of walking. If you are sick ask them for something cause they don't just give it. I downloaded google translate on my phone so that I could communicate with them. Good luck to you.

My surgery was at Premiere in PVR and I also stayed at the Casa Magma. My surgery was in August and I have lost 52 pounds so far and feel amazing (started at 211). I just got into the 150's today which was only a dream for years. The hospital facilities are fabulous. All the doctors speak english but the nurses only speak a little english but we still seemed to be able ot communicate. I brought a friend as well to stay with me. The chicken broth from room service is highly recommended. Be prepared for the drains. Before I went I had this idea that I was going to be able to lay by the pool or go around town a little bit with my friend but the drains really are inhibiting. The day I got them out I felt like a million bucks and was totally back to myself however it was also the day I was scheduled to leave PVR. Congrats on making the decision to go see Dr. Castenada. Best of luck!