Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some people here are meanies

I love that I found this sight but is it me or are some people here mean? I am noticing more and more that people answer posts with jugdmental and snippy attitudes. I didn't think that's what this site is all about. Are there other sites out there that are all about sleevers that others like better?

also, you have to remember that when reading 'typed' conversations, you can't hear people's 'tone', so, sometimes, people are not trying to be nasty or snide, but since you can't hear them, it sounds bad.

or, well, let's be honest, some people are just mean and nasty :)

I've noticed it in the last few months. It reminds me of the pregnancy boards I read while pregnant--seems hormonal. I backed off of the VST for a few weeks, but when I recently came back, it seemed better. I know what you mean though.

You are going to get that on just about any forum, I'm afraid. After a while you'll figure out who to ignore! Also, do remember that you can't always detect tone the way you could in person so I always try to assume that the person had positive intent.

I agree 100%,there are nasty people here. I don't think quit as bad as baby center ad those were some crazy ass hormonal women.

But from my experience the same people on here are just nasty. Some would think if they are that annoyed with the site or posts they would just stop coming here. I didn't come around for a while bc they nastiness was unreal. You couldn't ask anything without it turning into a fight.

Sometimes part of the problem is the same question get asked over and over as new people come to the board. I'm not saying that makes anything right or wrong but sometimes I think that determines what some people respond with.

And like others said you can't detect tone in text .

Take this site with a grain of salt.

There are some on every forum but this is one of the best I've been to. Most really want to help and have a variety of experiences to use for that help.

I think there just mad they can't eat

That's funny ..I laugh so hard

I agree 100%' date='there are nasty people here. I don't think quit as bad as baby center ad those were some crazy ass hormonal women.

But from my experience the same people on here are just nasty. Some would think if they are that annoyed with the site or posts they would just stop coming here. I didn't come around for a while bc they nastiness was unreal. You couldn't ask anything without it turning into a fight.

Sometimes part of the problem is the same question get asked over and over as new people come to the board. I'm not saying that makes anything right or wrong but sometimes I think that determines what some people respond with.

And like others said you can't detect tone in text .

Take this site with a grain of salt.[/quote']

I agree w you I told a poster that I ask my Q over because when your looking for answers you want them w out the extra craziness and fighting I find that when I research sometime things get off topic as you read but everyone's been a great help for as information

I agree-it's the tone, or sense of humor, that gets misconstrued. People really do try to help. I can't imagine this journey without my daily VST check-in. Also, people have to remember they don't have to post and we don't have to read everything posted! The last 'battle of wits' disgusted me, so I stopped reading...I noticed it went on for days! Some people use this forum to exercise various rights (free speech, etc.), but sometimes good intentions run amuck and bad feelings are the result. Don't like-don't read! It stops fueling the fire! Positive thoughts, energy, and results to all in 2013!

There are meanies on here, but there are going to be bitter, unhappy people wherever you go. Just try to ignore or tune out.

-Kendra

I agree there are always people that think they have the right to say anything to anyone. They have no compassion nor a filter. I do think they need to be called on their post that its not acceptable and you had rather not hear from them if they are mean or negative. Those people should not answer posts if it upsets them....because its been asked before.

What I've found in my search is some of the discussion might be two years old...some things do change and I would like the "new" version

This is a great site with wonderful helpful people...thanks to all.

I dunno,.. this is one of the nicest Care Bear-Rainbow Brite sweetness forums I've ever been on. But then, being a MAN and a dullard as well I don't know there's a problem until the fry pan bounces off my head. :wacko:

You will learn to just ignore them. It is the same handful, and just like in real life when you come across a ******, you just don't interact with them. They like interaction and if you don't give it to them they will go away. :)

I think some people miss out on tone and expression that is lost in text. However, sometimes people make posts about cheating in the beginning stages post-op and that frustrates some especially when people have dealt with leaks and don't want others to go through the same thing.

We need to support one another, and while it's okay to disagree and argue with good points, we need to remain respectful.

There are some mean people, but not everyone is. I'm grateful for this board and a lot of advice and experiences that I have read. Just try to ignore the negativity, and if need be, take a break and come back after a while.