Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Really? hair loss! It is getting so aggravating. I am losing SO much hair. Not in clumps but lots of fine hairs to the tune of 20-50 a day. My hair is really starting to thin out and looks kind of gross. I am three months out (surgery date: 10/3/12).

What should I be taking to help with this? Does it ever stop falling out/when can I expect it to stop? And, most importantly...will it grow back in?

HELP!!!

My nut told me it only lasts for about 2 months and that some say Biotin helps. I'd say only wash every other day, and don't do anything to it, no blow drying, curling, gels, coloring or anything. Massage your head daily to help stimulate new growth. Good luck. I will be complaining of the same thing in 2 1/2 months I'm sure....but it's a small price to pay for what I've gained (lost) ;)

are you taking your Vitamins? eating enough Protein? and I take an extra Biotin and had been a couple of weeks before surgery.. the surgery itself is a shock to your system.. causing alot of things to go haywire.. I knew about the Hair loss and started on biotin daily.. so far so good.. im 2 weeks out of surgery.

are you taking your Vitamins? eating enough Protein? and I take an extra Biotin and had been a couple of weeks before surgery.. the surgery itself is a shock to your system.. causing alot of things to go haywire.. I knew about the hair loss and started on Biotin daily.. so far so good.. im 2 weeks out of surgery.

Yes, I take my Vitamins religiously and I knew about the Hair loss prior to surgery but thought I should wait and see if it happens to me. Well, wouldn't you know it...it did!

I will try some Biotin - what doseage are you taking and how often?

I feel your pain. I started Biotin 3 months prior to surgery and I am still losing hair at an alarming rate. Surgery was 9/4 and Hair loss started in Dec. Those of you who are newly sleeved and saying you're not losing hair yet...just wait. :( Mine started at exactly 3 months after surgery and has become horrid. I have no actual bald spots -yet-, but I worry they're coming bc my hair is getting alarmingly thin. Seeing my stylist Wed to talk about possible extensions or a wig. I'm a basket case bc I really want it to stop! So sad...good luck, but I have done all Vitamins and Proteins right and it still happened. I think we just have to suffer through and one day it will stop. Ugh...

I went to beauty school in 2004. I learned you normaly lose 100 hairs a day anyways. Try a Shampoo with keratin in it. It will start your hair growing back faster. I think there are pills that are keratin also. Sally's or other beauty stores carry stuff like these. Good luck

Keep getting as much Protein and Vitamins as possible. Minoxadil is great to, its a little expensive but so worth it. Go to any beauty supply store and they can show you exactly what you need to get.

Hi I had my surgery on 9/4 to and like the other person with the same surgery day I to started losing my hair at exactly 3 months out. The loss is scaring the Crap out of me, my hair used to be very thick but now at 4 months out it is VERY THIN!! I stopped Vitamins for about 2 months just because I kept forgetting. I now set my phone alarm to remind me to take them. I am taking Biotin and took biotin 3 months before surgery. I hope out stops or at least slowed down because it scares me. I'll keep you updated.

Sleevedreamz ur correct the surgery is a shock to ur body and I too started losing my hair at exactly three months. Right after surgery my hair started to grow longer and fuller and the stands were thicker I was like wow it help my hair to grow until the third month now my hair is thinner especially in the front. I literally have a few long strands in the front that I try to cover the area that fell and started to grow back. You know like the trump guy. Now i feel self conscious about my hair that every one is looking at my hair. i have followed everything to the T and still have major loss. so i really think the doctors know more about the loss because mine sugar coated it when i asked about it. he only said well u will have loss but if u follow my instruction u will see minimal loss. WRONG!! But Dr Oz had a really great show on yesterday about a growing serum that is proven to aid with growing and also a product that really did a good job with covering it up I went online and will be purchasing both its $25 each.

Sleevedreamz ur correct the surgery is a shock to ur body and I too started losing my hair at exactly three months. Right after surgery my hair started to grow longer and fuller and the stands were thicker I was like wow it help my hair to grow until the third month now my hair is thinner especially in the front. I literally have a few long strands in the front that I try to cover the area that fell and started to grow back. You know like the trump guy. Now i feel self conscious about my hair that every one is looking at my hair. i have followed everything to the T and still have major loss. so i really think the doctors know more about the loss because mine sugar coated it when i asked about it. he only said well u will have loss but if u follow my instruction u will see minimal loss. WRONG!! But Dr Oz had a really great show on yesterday about a growing serum that is proven to aid with growing and also a product that really did a good job with covering it up I went online and will be purchasing both its $25 each.

What are the names of these products Doctor Oz talked about? Websites too?

Has anyone tried taking prenatal Vitamins? I am only a few weeks out from surgery but I am adding them back into my Vitamin regime as soon as I am allowed to swallow capsules. The folic acid really helps my hair and nails normally, figured it couldn't hurt with loss.

Has anyone tried taking prenatal Vitamins? I am only a few weeks out from surgery but I am adding them back into my Vitamin regime as soon as I am allowed to swallow capsules. The folic acid really helps my hair and nails normally, figured it couldn't hurt with loss.

I take two prescription strength prenatal Vitamins (one morning, one night) daily and it doesn't seem to be helping. Ugh!!!

Well poop

I am NOT looking forward to going through this in a few months. I have dreadlocs and I'm so worried about how its going to affect my hair in the long run. I might have to cut them off and start over :'(