Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I eat too Mich..and slime a lot

I feel like I am failing ..but loosing. I don't know..I've lost 30 in 7 weeks ..that is good right?..somedays I graze ..but Water makes me feel yucky. I wanted to get a hold on my Carb craving..it is more of a crunch'' craving..idk..I guess I am adjusting..but feel like I should be doing better ..I don't want to miss this time..I heard after 6 months its harder..here's My vent ..I was never given guidelines..and its easy to make excuses

First of all 30 lbs in 7 weeks is great !! you are doing awesome !!! but below are the basics for you from my Doc, every Doc is different so others chime please

so here are the basic guide lines from my Doc

1. at least 64 oz of Water daily

2. Vitamins Daily

3. no Water 30 min before or after eating

4. eat Protein first at all meals .... I can usually eat about 2 oz at a meal , meals should take about 1/2 hour to 1 hour to finish so eat slowly and

5. chew each bite 20 times . bites should be the size from a baby spoon I actually eat with a baby spoon....

6. at least 60 grams of Protein daily

7. after each bite wait a few minutes to see if you can recognize feeling full

once protein is consumed then you can try to eat maybe a small slice of fruit or veggies.

8. you should not be able to eat more than 1/2 cup at any one sitting until after 6 or 8 months. unless eating a slider food ( i know some of mine ) yogurt is one of them

9. I try to stay away from carbs but if I must satisfy my craving for crunch / carb I take 1/4 cup of Kashi go lean crunch ( its very very good ) and add it to my greek yogurt !! super yummy !! or 1/2 slice of toasted wheat bread

10. do not graze have scheduled eating times

example of mine

7am Breakfast , 11 am lunch, 3 snack, 6 dinner , 9 snack if needed for maxing my protein for the day or some prunes for other reasons :rolleyes:

11. join a support group it really really helps

12. exercise daily

hopefully this helps alittle.

I feel like I am failing ..but loosing. I don't know..I've lost 30 in 7 weeks ..that is good right?..somedays I graze ..but Water makes me feel yucky. I wanted to get a hold on my Carb craving..it is more of a crunch'' craving..idk..I guess I am adjusting..but feel like I should be doing better ..I don't want to miss this time..I heard after 6 months its harder..here's My vent ..I was never given guidelines..and its easy to make excuses

Ur only 7 weeks out so ur weight lose is good but u need to get a plan when it comes to eating...it's not easy after surgery. If u need a crunch get some RAW nuts they r not as bad for u as other crunchy foods but get like a 2 or 3 oz container n thats it NO grazing as it will become a bad habit for u and hurt ur progress in the long run. I am not a big Water person either so I drink tea w Splenda or crystal light with my water. Although since I've been exercising more I have been craving water.

I feel like I did not get and am still not getting the guidance I thought I would after surgery but I have found ways to get my Protein as I know that is the most important.

Surgery 9/19...down 53 lbs...started at size 20-22 down to a 12-13! ;)

Here is one that copied from a cite. I hope it is helpful. Remember these are basic guidelines, so you are going to have to apply them as you feel the need and maybe even tweak them a little bit.

Important Diet Guidelines:

1. Eat 3 meals per day. Avoid snacking and grazing.

2. Eat small amounts. Initial portion size should be no more than 1 - 2 ounces -

approximately 2 - 4 Tablespoons - of food per meal for the first month. At first you

may not be able to tolerate this amount. Over time, you will slowly tolerate more

volume at each meal. Long term, the stomach will eventually hold about 4 - 8

ounces (1/2 - 1 cup) of food per meal.

3. Eat Protein foods first.

4. Do not try to eat food and drink liquid together.

• Consume liquid 30 to 60 minutes before and/or 30 to 60 minutes after

eating meals but not during meals.

5. You are required to take a multi-Vitamin with minerals for the rest of your life.

6. Eat slowly!

• Each meal should last 30minutes or longer.

• Avoid gulping foods and drinks.

• All foods must be well-chewed to a paste consistency.

• Using a small fork or spoon (i.e. baby utensils) can help control portion sizes.

• Have one place to eat (such as at the table) and avoid reading or watching TV

while you eat. This helps you to enjoy your food, concentrate on eating slower

and to realize when your stomach is full.

7. Drink plenty of calorie-free, non-carbonated, caffeine- free fluids between

meals.

• Drink slowly-sip fluids, never gulp.

• Calorie-containing beverages should be limited to skim milk and Protein Drinks.

• Limit juice to no more than 4oz. per day.

• Consume zero-calorie beverages throughout the day.

Thanks so mu h all of you...I think I have never taken 1/2 hour to way any meal..on always done in minutes..maybe that's why I slime all the time..does anyone k ow the reason for that?..I was told that.. just forget..that is my goal today..I appreciate u guys!!

Thanks so mu h all of you...I think I have never taken 1/2 hour to way any meal..on always done in minutes..maybe that's why I slime all the time..does anyone k ow the reason for that?..I was told that.. just forget..that is my goal today..I appreciate u guys!!

On the couple occasions I did slime, it was because I ate too fast or ate fried food to early on in my diet. (fried chicken strips was the culprit- since then I pretty much have stayed away from fried foods)

Slow down while eating. This should help if u don't overeat. Start measuring ur food. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

May I recommend a book?

I'm not sure of he name, but I have it. Lol. It's by Guillermo Alvarez. He lays it out pretty well.

i have that book also and it was a great resource!

Steeler....I feel the same way...like I havent had a lot of guidance. I constantly feel like Ive done something wrong. and Water also makes me nauseous. but I was told about water nausea from someone else. I drink a lot of tea. im basically living off of it. I too have lost 30 lbs since my sleeve on 11/7 but feel like it should be more. Ive been stuck at my current weight for 2 weeks or so now, I have absolutely NO energy and cant take those vitamins...they make me SICK. and trying to get to the restroom in time at work can be a chore. Im just so frustrated and tired still. i havent exercised in a couple weeks but i do still go on my walks at work twice a day. Oh lord....what to do.

I think if you change your pro sports allegiance FROM the dark side (Steelers) TO the Federation (Browns) you'll feel a whole lot better! LOL

It's called the gastric sleeve

Isn't I achieving weightloss w the gastric sleeve or something like that!?

*looks on my bedside table*

Successful weight loss with The Gastric Sleeve by Dr Guillermo Alvarez.

You can purchase it at thegastricsleeve.com. If you have surgery with Dr A, you get a copy of the book in your check out Goodie bag. Woot.

It is a really great resource!

I think if you change your pro sports allegiance FROM the dark side (Steelers) TO the Federation (Browns) you'll feel a whole lot better! LOL

Dark side?..Steelers are what make our whole division ..lol. browns...pssst