Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone I was wondering if any one has had the stomach flu post op? I don't currently have it but my sisters while family does and I baby sat for her so I am probably a day away from getting it, that seems to be the incubation time each one of them had. I'm kinda freaked out about it. I am 3 months post op. today I am going to try to hydrate as much but I have a feeling I may end up in the Ed if I get it. Does stomach flu effect us worse since we are missing part of our stomach? I dunno maybe Im over reacting but I'm just stressed about it.

has had the stomach flu post op? I don't currently have it but my sisters while family does and I baby sat for her so I am probably a day away from getting it

bubles089

hi there - sorry your sisters family has a bought of the flu but............

come on girlfriend - don't worry about something like, maybe, might get a cold since you were in a "sickies" area :o

we have plenty of other stuff we could possibly worry about if we want to :)

if.....you get a cold, or get sick at a later time - i'm sorry for you "then" but don't go looking for trouble, ok? ;) - a flu "shouldn't" effect your new tummy, or lack of

at 3 months i don't think theres any meds you have to watch out for - "maybe" you could try and find a cough med or something without too much sugar, but again.....

please don't go looking for trouble!!! :)

3 months, since you didn't say otherwise, i'm sure you are losing weight nicely, good for you :)

take care

don't stress

but....keep a box of kleenex around just in case :lol:

I had it a couple of days before Thanksgiving. My 2 daughters were puking and had diarrhea while I only have diarrhea. We didn't take any meds and we just let it take it's course and believe it or not you tend to feel better faster when you let your body do what it was made for which is fighting illnesses (unless it's something very serious like cancer). The stomach flu only last for about 24 hrs and then it's usually gone or not as bad. I grew up without health insurance so we rarely/never went to the doc and we usually just toughed it out at home, heck I think the only time I go to the doc is if I need a pap smear, other than that I stay home and just ride it out. Get some chicken noodle Soup and ginger ale and you will be fine.

Okay, forever I have not drank any pop. I do not believe in drinking soda whatsoever. I know a lot of people are told that they can drink diet soda, I find it's not worth it and drinking pop every day is just not good for you.

That being said, last night I got the stomach flu. First time since surgery. I took my meds and was heading to bed and I threw up. Then I threw up some more. I threw up every 20 minutes and then it was every hour. After about 2 hours of this, I ended up with severe extreme diarreah. I brought a pillow and blanket into the bathroom and I laid down.

Worse, I'm going on a vacation out of the country tomorrow.

This sickness started at 9:00pm I'm still having diarreah. I would have done ANYTHING for gingerale last night. I tried drinking Water, tea, my son went out and bought pedilyte and the taste made me ill. I finally relented and asked them to go get me some diet gingerale.

I will not revert back to drinking pop, but I swear this has worked wonders for me. Even my silly peppermint tea and Truvia didn't help. I am concerned because diet pop uses causes me Migraines, so I took down two Excedrin migraines.

So, for those that I have poo pooed for drinking diet pop, with the sleeve, I still stand behind the fact that it is not nutritious and not worth the lack of nutrition or the possible stretching of a newly sleeved, but I do not regret, even for a second drinking the diet gingerale today.

It has been a horrendous day, that's for sure. Flying out of the country tomorrow am and I am on an hour sleeve, but I wanted to share the flu horror story.

Do what it takes to feel better. Get the fluids in. I will make sure I drink non-stop on the plane because flying also causes dehydration and getting montezuma's revenge and throwing up before hitting Mexico really sucks lol :)