Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm so thankful for having this app and my Friday night Bariatric surgery classes. If I didn't have these places to vent I'd go nuts!!

My husband isn't supportive of my choice to have surgery and my parents aren't either. I'm pretty much alone in my journey. I've decided not to tell them my surgery day is a week from today. I'm supper excited about it, but my husband trying to convince me not to do it just brings me down. We always end up in a fight and this time he said he doesn't want me to EVER mention the surgery again! Total ass, but whatever. He doesn't know what it is to struggle with weight your entire life!! I have 3 kids and I'm trying my best so that they won't have to go through what I went through!

Ok feeling a little better. :}

Are u having it done locally

How are u managing to keep preop diet from him?

Agh u gotta do what u gotta do

you poor girl, its bad enough dealing with the surgery coming, then having to deal with him. i really hope you loose alot and loose him too for not supporting you. you deserve much better.

you poor girl' date=' its bad enough dealing with the surgery coming, then having to deal with him. i really hope you loose alot and loose him too for not supporting you. you deserve much better.[/quote']

You know that's one of the things that scared me the MOST about this surgery. :/ Being thin, gaining confidence, and finally stop putting up with his crap. I mean don't get me wrong.. He's a good guy, but sometimes he can be a bit too much. I have 3 kids with him.. I can't/ shouldn't just up and leave. Lol

Did u have your surgery yet

What if you die? Or have complications from the surgery? Sheesh this is no way to go into this at all. If you care for your family at all you should tell them you are going in for a life threatening surgery for gads sake! If they don't support you now, why on earth would they if you do this?

What if you die? Or have complications from the surgery? Sheesh this is no way to go into this at all. If you care for your family at all you should tell them you are going in for a life threatening surgery for gads sake! If they don't support you now' date=' why on earth would they if you do this?[/quote']

Wow! Lol

Well as you read.. My husbands choice is to NOT know. So there's that and as for my parents, all they'll be giving me on that day with be stressful vibes so I rather not put them or myself through that. Millions of people have this surgery and come out of it ALIVE so if I'm ment to die on the table I was just ment to die. No one can ever prepare for that. But thanks for your consern. Sooooo helpful!

What if you die? Or have complications from the surgery? Sheesh this is no way to go into this at all. If you care for your family at all you should tell them you are going in for a life threatening surgery for gads sake! If they don't support you now' date=' why on earth would they if you do this?[/quote']

That was a little rude. She made it her choice to do it that way.