Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Week Sleevers..lets Chat..

Besides the post nasal drip I've got today (having to sleep on my back does that to me) I'm doing ok. So far yesterday I got about 50g of Protein in and 40oz of fluids. Today is better so far. Almost got one of my shakes down and 26oz of fluids. Working on an Isopure but I'm just not feeling well today. About to go hop back in bed and sleep for awhile.

I am 10 says out 11/2 surgery date. I must say I am doing great. No issues at all so far. I still can't wear jeans because my incisions are still sore but other than that I am good. Having some hunger but not too bad. Moved to pureed per doctors ok and had some nonfat low fat Beans for lunch. That was a nice change. I also saw the scale drop for the frat time all week so I think my body is going out of the initial shock period. I admit I get on the scale every day - it was not moving at all since I came home so I am excited and hopeful this stall is breaking!

I was sleeved on the 6th (one week today) and feeling really good. First day I thought what the hell did I do to myself!!! But every day have felt better and better and the weight is just dropping off. On a clear liquid diet for 3 weeks and can now drink full strength Protein Shakes. Looking forward to puree stage as I am experiencing some hunger. But tolerating fluids really well.

Was sleeved on the 8th I'm still in the hospital I can keep more than 2oz down an hr and may be 7 a day my doctor doesn't want to release me b/c of the high chance of dehydration. I feel pretty go however I'm ready to get out of here I'm still in a shock that I did the surgery it still feels like a " Did I really moment"

Feeling good, pretty sore. Up and walking. Sipping about 2 ounces of clear fluids and Protein Shakes every fifteen minutes. Ready for the pain/gassiness to be gone though.

Sleeved on 11/6 hospital was hell for me, I was worse in their then I've been at home. Left with a fever but the medical staff was too overworked and under staffed to even notice... Happy to be home, been doing pretty good, saturday has by far been my most productive day. Have a bit more pain today as I slept on my side but kinda on my my stomach too so got some stomach pain and tenderness today, debating whether or not to take pain meds...

Yesterday I was able to finish a whole Isopure so that was great as well...

Overall I was so aweful in the hospital, but getting back to normal is a bit easier then I though it was going to be even though it's taking much longer...

Sleeved on the 7th--not feeling too bad. Still some soreness but each day is better. I can't get all the Protein in yet, still working on my first shake of the day. Had a yogurt for Breakfast and 1/4 cup of low sodium chicken broth for lunch. My main issue is hunger, I was starving yesterday, not as bad today. Took a shower today, got dressed and then had to sit down and relax. Would like the hunger issue to go away. Hang in there all!

Hi everyone. I posted this as a thread but since everyone here is recent like me I thought I'd ask here as we'll...Of course I might just be over thinking everything because I'm a paranoid freak BUT I have been having some "symptoms" recently and I'm not sure if I should worry. I had my surgery a week ago, Nov 5th. and I feel fine for the most part but I notice when I walk for more than 10-15 minutes I begin to feel short or breath, dizzy, and EXHAUSTED!! I've been trying to call my doc but it seems because of the holiday nobody is in so any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated! By the way I do admit I can be drinking more Water but if I'm not drinking Water I make sure to replace it with a Popsicle or other clear liquid... Thank You!

Feeling good getting Proteins in kinda over did it yesterday was really tired but feel great today. Still can't wear jeans yet eather living in sweats.

Sent from my EVO using VST

yesterday about 50g of Protein Almost got one of my shakes down and 26oz of fluids. not feeling well today. hop back in bed and sleep for awhile.

wonderfuss

understandable that you are alittle tired. have a good nap

but.......i'm confused - ..if you are not too successful in getting in much of your Protein shake (which after one week or so is totally understandable)

how are you getting in 50 g of Protein, did i miss something???

just curious, but you know what they say about curiosity :wacko:

good luck with re-cuperation, getting all your strength back too, but take a nap for me too ;)

I feel like that sometimes if I'm doing too much..or if I need water..check your self..sit for half hour and make it a job to get that Water in and see how you feel..take your pulse too..they told me it shouldn't be over 100 per min...hydration I think is important..to how you feel...

hospital was hell for me, Left with a fever - medical staff was overworked and under staffed to even notice... Happy to be home, been doing pretty good. bit more pain today - stomach pain and tenderness, debating to take pain meds...

AaronRene

1rst things first per your profile - happy early 11/15 b'day WooHoo!!!!

you gave yourself quite a b'day present!!!!

sorry you had such an awful time with the hospital - staff should NEVER be too overworked etc., not to be able to help a pt - especially one POST WLS, with a fever - your dr eventually knew about the temp, right???

glad you are doing better at home - don't be shy about taking pain meds - thats why they were given to you silly ;)

take them for a bit to help you feel better - no martyrs in sleeveland :) ;)

have a toast with a friend on thursday for your b'day

Water of course :lol:

take care bud

Sleeved on Monday, 11-5. Doing great. gassiness is gone for the most part and no more naseau. Went for a walk today and yesterday, not quite a mile. Really wipes me out but feels so good to be outside. Still on clear liquid diet till tomorrow. Then I get to add Protein Shakes. Hoping that goes down ok cuz I do feel weak.