Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel Like I Made A Mistake

I'm praying this misery passes. I am nauseas even after 2 bags of Fluid yesterday. I've been up since 4am in the pot "losing fluids." I'm only 2 weeks post op but feel like there's no end in site and I made a huge mistake by having this surgery. This is so more emotionally and physically draining than I expected having already had a lap band. Not sure where to turn? ;(

What are you taking for the nausea?

2 weeks post op I was feeling tired and crappy and struggling to eat but no nausea, are you sure your okay? Are you drinking your Protein Shakes and if so how much and how long are you taking to drink it?

Can't drink the Protein Shakes for some reason. Not taking anything for the nausea. I struggle just to get 10 oz of fluids in per day. Dr told me to drink Gatorade which I've been doing. I eat reduced fat feta, pudding, egg salad, and Popsicles. Of course that's minimal.

Two weeks out, I was weak and irritable. My emotions were everywhere, I was second guessing the decision to have the surgery, I just wanted to chew something. I had already had a set back could barely sip water...but you know what? It was all worth it, I am four months out and feel great, I am active and healthy and losing weight. This will pass, you will recover and start a healthy new life! Good luck to you, message me if you ever need encouragement or have a question, I am here to help!

Hope u feel better.....I understand! I have been feeling crappy too! I am praying more now than ever before! It seems to make my body relax at stressful moments when I can't get liquids in

I felt super crappy week 2, heaps better this week...

Week 2 I was still on liquids, my surgeon and NUT said that some ppl struggle with certain foods that make them ill, even egg scrambled can make ppl feel sick right to week 4/5. Also if ur eating too quick or even a tiny little bit too much I was told u can feel really sick and vomit as ur stretching the stomach.

Hope you feel better soon!

Sounds like all dairy!!!! Get some diluted apple juice and Decaf tea. Are you drinking Milk based Protein? ?? You can get some liquid Imodium. Eat some cream of wheat.

I would get something for nausea and go back to Clear Liquids, the eggs/pudding may be too much too soon for some...

I agree they can give you zofran and even Valium for nausea. Stay away from all dairy for a week and see if that is what causing it. Lots of people can't handle dairy after this. I couldn't handle Protein Shakes I switched over to Isopure sickly sweet so I diluted with Water but, they don't make me gag or give me diarrhea. Prayers for you.

Yes,I agree.When you said you couldnt drink Protein shake for some reason and then ypur food is very much milk based I was thinking lactose intolerance.Many of us get it for a month or 2 after surgery.

So,back to basics.Nausea meds first.Then clean go get some chunky beef Soup,liquidize it.To make sure put it througgh a strainer.There are some Soups that are quite high in Protein.Fr my mushy phase I ate 2 large cans of Soup per day,liquidized and strained and got about 35g of Protein from that.I also wressled with some soy protein for a few hours a day but better might be Isopure clear,however it is also whey protein and might have the same effect.

Cut the dairy completely.

First get some nausea meds from the dr or just the pharmacy!

Let us know how you are doing.

Two weeks out I was still on full liquids. Some can not tolerate pureed so quickly. Stick with Protein Shakes, Soup and Water. If I wasn't having shake I was sipping my water. Don't rush into foods so quick you will have the rest of your life to eat.

At 2 weeks out I was dumping like crazy from the Protein shakes.Just get a shake that is non whey and yes,dont rush the food.

But dont suffer the nausea.Get some meds.

My surgeon has revisions (I was too!) go slower on the food transition. I was still on liquids at your phase. If you are only getting 10 oz of Water I am guessing that part of why you feel horrid is dehydration. Yes, I know you just got some Fluid, but it sounds like you do need to refocus on liquids and worry about Protein later.

You have gotten great advice I will just add that I couldn't really tolerate plain Water. Warm herbal tea with a bit of stevia was a lifesaver. Once I started drinking that, my whole tummy just calmed down as plain water was irritating.

I am sorry you weren't warned. I was fortunate enough to have a doctor that told me what to expect and recovery from the sleeve is harder then recovery from the lapband surgery. I personally experienced the first about 6-8 weeks as pretty tough - feeling tired, hard to get water in, hard to adjust to eating etc. However, over the long term the vast majority of the people not only lose more weight, they feel better living with the sleeve too!

Hang in there, it gets better!!!