Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lately, I have been eating really bad. I feel full and then shortly after, I go for more. I can't pinpoint what or why I am eating like this. Maybe it is boredom. I just know that I feel guilty now. Someone, please give me some helpful tips. I don't want this to all be in vain. I have lost over 35 lbs since May and I don't want them back.

well when your hungry, just have some good sex lol good exercise and sure does keep your mind off eating.

Sometimes it helps to talk to a professional - maybe your doctor's office could recommend someone? I know it helps me to talk through issues. Also - are you sure you are getting enough to eat? If you really feel hungry, your body might need more food to be healthy. I know I get strange cravings - like for Peanut Butter - and feel so much better when I eat what my body really wants...

So when was your surgery? What stage of your diet are you on?

Drinking Water will take your mind off the initial hunger. Hope it helps.

Are eating enough enough Protein during your regular meals? maybe you are not eating enough and that might be the reason you get hungry shortly after a meal. If you are consuming 3oz of meat for example, maybe eat 4oz now.

Also, are you drinking enough Water? If you know you had a well balanced meal, and felt satisfied afterward. But one hour later want to eat again, drink Water instead. For a long time, I misread my thirst signals for hunger signals.

If you are bored and feel like snacking, get busy. Find something to do and drink your water.30 minutes later revisit the feeling and see if in fact you are "hungry".

If you still want to eat something, pick a high Protein, low carb/cal snack.< /p>

I try not to give in to my cravings as soon as I get them. If I feel "hungry" less than two hours after a meal, I always grab a glass of water first. Forcing myself to wait the mandatory 30 minutes waiting period before eating, that my doctor taught us. He also stressed the fact that our meals should be plan. He wants us to balance meal time/water/protein supplement/meal time/water/exercise/water/ to help cut back on snacking.

Good luck!!

I had my surgery April 20 of this year. I was doing really good and then I fasted for Ramadan (A Muslim holy month that requires no eating or drinking from the break of dawn until sunset). It seems like my body has been on a 1.5 month stall since then. The nutritionist said I could fast and then after fasting, the doctor said I shouldn't have as my body was healing. My cravings have been weird ever since. I was thinking of trying the 5 day pouch test. Has anyone else tried this? BTW, thank you all for the tips!

I went to the library to check out books on emotional eating and whatnot. I am not sure if

I have this problem or not. Usually after the 5 days or so of sugar withdrawals, I am fine unless I tell myself one bite won't hurt. Cause, for me, I know the first bite will not be the last.

I have come to the acceptance that that is how things need to be for me. I don't know I you share similar issues with the first bite or not. Some people don't. I don't know if you have a food addiction or not. I didn't even know if I had it. But I thought some books on the subject might shed some light either way.

Best wishes on your journey.

Hey Fluffy: I'm surprised that fasting would cause a weight loss hault. Maybe you can up your Protein intake and Water and that might get you movin in the right direction. Keep it up and let us know what happens. :)

I tried to fast for Ramadan, but was advised not to since I needed protiein and fluids. I will be making up the days in November. I've heard the 5 day pouch works. Good luck!

I tried to fast for Ramadan' date=' but was advised not to since I needed protiein and fluids. I will be making up the days in November. I've heard the 5 day pouch works. Good luck![/quote']

What is the "5 day pouch?"

I feel this way. I love the full feeling so when we eat the food moves through and then we are wanting to be full again. I believe I finally now can get the full feeling. I just really have to stick with dense protien and try to really start working out.

What kind of carb detox are you doing? I have the same problem.

I am just eliminating refined carbs. Kinda along the lines of The Atkins Diet. Not for too long because we do need carbs but I have been going overboard with them and I need to stop.