Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goanna's back - and banded!!

Hi Jess!

That makes three of us that I know of with AP bands - me, you and Oldspark (Mark).

I started a thread about it in the general pages a while ago, to try and find out more about them. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=337812#post337812

It's great to hear that you are doing well with your new band, and that your TT went well too. The thought of a TT and plastics still scares me, but I think that hygeine and vanity will win out one day... LOL!

Hi Jess!

That makes three of us that I know of with AP bands - me, you and Oldspark (Mark).

I started a thread about it in the general pages a while ago, to try and find out more about them. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?p=337812#post337812

It's great to hear that you are doing well with your new band, and that your TT went well too. The thought of a TT and plastics still scares me, but I think that hygeine and vanity will win out one day... LOL!

Curley has the AP small band as well. She had the same as me - slippage, then rebanded with the new AP band. The four of us will be our own lil case study LOL.

For me, the tt was all vanity haha. It scared me too, ALOT. I kept telling myself, "the band was medically necessary, this is NOT..." By the time surgery rolled around, I had myself convinced I wasn't gonna wake up on the other end of it. But I did .. and I can tell ya, it feels great not looking down and seeing that flabby skin hang over my stomach. Even with a couple more kilos on from the slippage, because the tummy part is mostly gone, I manage to feel good about myself most days.

Oh .. and the new perky boobs don't hurt either lol.

I found out today that Tarajane (Judy) has the new AP band too. That makes five of us.

oh, and having perky boobs for the first time in my life - that would be nice! hehehe!

BTW - Aren't you heading off to the Maldives soon?? I am soooo jealous! We're going on an overseas holiday too after Christmas - to PHILLIP ISLAND!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Hi Anna ,

Any news on if you can get in pre Christmas for another fill.?

I,m still eating more than ever, You???

Mark.

Goanna

Thanks for the kind words you posted last year. I am glad my story helped even just one person.

Anissa

WOW!!! Anissa, welcome to LBT - so glad you found us! :clap2: :) :clap2: :girl_hug: And so glad that you searched me out!!! At the time, two things really helped me to decide to get banded - one was reading your published story, and the other was LBT. You just never know who is out there and helped by things like that. I am sure that I wouldn't be the only person. Thank you so much for sharing something so personal in such a public way.:)

I hope that you enjoy hanging out here at LBT - it's a fantastic place to be for the banded - for support, advice, information and a decent helping of fun too.

Looking forward to chatting with you more in future.:clap2:

Hey Anna, I have got the new AP band too. Susannah

Cool! So far we are all Aussies - must be 'cos we're all speeecial (in best Bruce Macavaney tone, LOL!)

Our little AP band rollcall reads like this:

Goannabanda - APL band

Pavarthi - APS

Curley - APS

oldspark - APS?

susannah - APL?

Anyone else around here got the AP type band?

Here's the AP band thread I started, if you want to post into it:

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/ap-bandits-t24564.html?t=24564

Hey thanks feebs and susannah, I'll update your band details in the list, and appreciate any new info or experiences you have to post.

So far I have 5ml in my 14ml band, 1st fill was 4ml, then 1ml for the second fill. I have a moderate amount of restriction, that varies widely from day to day and morning to night. It seems to be looser the last few days. I even ate a thick piece of toast with p'nut butter and jam this morning (bad food choice, I know). I couldn't eat much Breakfast at all this time last week! I am due to go back for a fill in a few weeks, and think it could go a little tighter (but not much) - maybe 1ml. I'll see what the doc says.