Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am with you..I eat seafood 6 days a week! It is the only food that I actually enjoy now. Everything else is is chore...

I am with you..I eat seafood 6 days a week! It is the only food that I actually enjoy now. Everything else is is chore...

Do you know why it like that I can't even eat bacon I'm like my tummy is so sensitive

I'm pre-sleeve, so I can't tell you from experience for the reason why after you've been sleeved. I know for me, I've never been a red meat eater. It's strange. I don't like steak or hamburgers. I FEEL like its hard on my stomach, that it is hard for my stomach to break it down or something. Just HEAVY, if that makes any sense. I tend to like seafood (lighter) and chicken (but can't be dry).

So eat all that yummy seafood! Packed full of protein! There are a ton of recipes for shrimp ... And it's easy to travel to and from work with without much prepping.

Hope the helps. :)

Your body will naturally crave the things it feels it needs. Seafood being soft easily digest able Proteins make an ideal source for both Protein and Omega3 fatty acids. Fish is great for you.

I am lucky to be in Louisiana. Enjoyed a few boiled shrimp this weekend. Craving oysters but not sure how my stomach will handle on the half shell; may need to get the charbroiled. So far the only red meat I've had has been very thinly sliced and a few bites are good enough. chicken is the pits though - just too dense & dry to get down. Got a case of slime from a bite & ew....

There are so many ways to have seafood - you will find something to satisfy you.

I love raw oysters. My band is relatively loose. I only have problems with Pasta, bread, and if I try to eat when I’m starving. My experience with raw oysters is it depends on the size of the oyster and how tight your band is. I did 6 small oysters with absolutely no problem. Slid right down

Bacon is really fatty and I have found that any fatty meat does not go well. Also, chicken is OUT, no matter how it is cooked. I've had really good luck with seafood and steak of all things. My entire palette changed though, everything tastes different. Especially after having to chew it so much! I tried flame grilled oysters the other day for the first time and they went really well. It's been a lot of trial and error, some things are starting to taste/go down better as I get further out so I figure I will work on the chicken in another few months. Just keep trying things, even foods you didn't like before, you might be surprised.

4 minutes ago, Pace said:

I’m 3 weeks out and wants to kno can I have fried okra

I wouldn't try anything fried. I am 9 months out and stay away from fried foods. They are not good for you.

On 06/03/2021 at 14:59, Pace said:

I’m 3 weeks out and wants to kno can I have fried okra

That isn’t going to be easy on your new stomach at all. I’d recommend you invest in an air fryer, it will help curb the fried food cravings. Especially if you find a nice almond flour/keto breading recipe.