Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

From Band Ti Sleeve Same Day Surgery?

Was wondering if band gets removed and sleeve done same surgery? Anyone?

Mine was same day. Took an hour and a half, I had no scarring, no dilation, perfect case. The recovery was tougher and pain initially worse than 'virgin sleeves' per the surgeon. My post op swelling was so tight the gastrograffin sat in my esophagus 2.5 hrs-- thus so did I in radiology getting scanned every 30 minutes. It resolved over the next 10days. All is well now.

I had mine done all in one step by dr Kim in colleyville tx. As of sept 10 I have heard he is now doing it in. 2 stages - I may have been one of the last patients he did all at one time or so his nurse told me. I did not want to go in 2 x for this surgery bc I was afraid I would chicken out:).

why is he doing it in 2 steps now, did you have any problems?

I just had my revision done in Mexico on September 10th. I had the band for 5 years. The surgery went great up and walking an hour after returning to my room. It is definitely the best way to go. I would have hated to endure two surgeries. Best of luck to you.

Thank you

I am having my band removed and sleeve done all at once as well on Oct 9, 2012. My doctor didn't say anything to me about it being more difficult than a virgin sleeve but I have read otherwise.

I am still going through with it though because I had the Fluid in my band removed in July due to a slip and I have already gained 25-30 lbs back so I know I need a tool to help me get the weight off. Keeping it off? Well, that is another story as we all know....

Anyway, surgery is in 9 days so I will be sure to let you know how it goes. Wish me luck and pray all goes well. I am nervous but confident all will turn out fine.

Sue

I had my revision done Sept 14th in Mexico. Went just fine, no pain meds, up & walking just me & my IV to the bathroom within 2 hours of surgery. Surgery took about an hour & 45. Haven't had any issues, incision sites look great, am eating puréed/soft texture foods.

I had mine done all in one step by dr Kim in colleyville tx. As of sept 10 I have heard he is now doing it in. 2 stages - I may have been one of the last patients he did all at one time or so his nurse told me. I did not want to go in 2 x for this surgery bc I was afraid I would chicken out:).

So far so good, Dr. Kim is still doing same day revision to sleeve :). I'm scheduled next week. Only if there's a lot of scaring will he separate the two....thank goodness bc I'd really like to do one recovery and get this show on the road!!!

Was wondering if band gets removed and sleeve done same surgery? Anyone?

I'm having my conversion (surgeon's term) on 10/18. He is doing it in one surgery. I can't wait!

I'm having my conversion (surgeon's term) on 10/18. He is doing it in one surgery. I can't wait!

Mines is same day!

Mines is same day!

YAY! We are band-to-sleeve twins! :-)