Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi all

i was resleeved on the 18th by dr aceves here in mexicali.

i had my sleeve 2 years ago and i lost weight but started to regain 8 months ago like crazy.

i contacted dr aceves and sent him my barium tests and he said that my sleeve is huge and he can trim the extra parts of it.

i came to mexicali through San Diego, the drive was uneventful.

everyone here is very nice and sweet. the first day i cant remember anything since i was drugged out, the second day was HELL lotsa pain, gas pain. third day got better and today im feeling great.

i will be staying at the lucerna for the next few days as i have travelled from a long way away, till i feel perfect then go back home in the middle east.

any questions just ask.

I didn't realize they could redo it. How did it get big?

Thanks for sharing your story!

dr aceves said that my first surgeon left too much behind in the first place, he didnt remove enough plus some dilation of the sleeve

Wow. Never heard of resleeving! Who did your surgery the first time? Do you think it wasn't done small enough the first time or did it stretch?

Thanks for sharing your story and I hope all continues to go well.

Sorry for two posts. My iphone said the first message didn't go thru. Obviously it lied to me! Horrors!! :-)

That really stinks that it wasn't done right the first time. Do you care to share the name of the doc so others are aware? You certainly don't have to, just asking. Maybe it was just a fluke?

How long till you think you feel strong enough to go home? Take care of yourself!

my first surgeon is not known on this board, as i am not from the usa, canada , Mexico or europe i am from the middle east.

as per what dr aceves told me, yes my first surgeon did not remove enough of my stomach to keep restriction for a long time, and also my sleeve was dilated with time.

I am going to be sleeved by Dr. Aceves on October 11th. I chose him because of his reputation for being a great surgeon, being allowed to stay in hospital for 3 days, stellar reviews on him, the staff and the hospital. I only want to do this once!

Who did your sleeve surgery in the first place?

Was it done improperly or did something you did afterward cause it to expand?

What made you decide to choose Dr. Aceves to fix it (that's a long way to travel!!!)?

What has he told you about your potential now for future weight loss after sleeve trim?

Hope you are feeling better - thanks in advance for the answers to the questions!

my sleeve was done by a local doctor back in my country in the middle east.

i chose dr aceves after tons of research on the best revision surgeons in the world, he is very very far away from where i live 16 hours flight but i wanted to be in safe hands with someone experienced in revision surgeries.

as for my weight loss, my new sleeve now looks like a normal sleeve when compared to my previous huge sleeve.

i am feeling great now on my fourth day, i will stay at the hotel for a few days just as a precaution, then fly back home in a few days.

you are in good hands, hes really great and all of his team is great.

So glad this went so well!

So, on the subject of the dialiation, I have seen people post here that the sleeve doesn't stretch. My surgeons office keeps emphasizing "small quantities" to keep the sleeve "tight". So, it implies that any sleeve can dialate, even if it started the right size.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I think it is great and inspiring to read all of the good things that the sleeve has done for people but we also need to hear the set backs and learn from them.

I have a question. I understand that the stomach can stretch. If sleeved and the patient does not follow diet it can stretch. I wonder if it is dangerous for the stomach to be stretched for sleevers. Does the stomach become stressed or thin with the potential for leaks later? I'm preop and really just starting the process and this has been on my mind. Thanks for reading! dee

my sleeve was done by a local doctor back in my country in the middle east.

i chose dr aceves after tons of research on the best revision surgeons in the world' date=' he is very very far away from where i live 16 hours flight but i wanted to be in safe hands with someone experienced in revision surgeries.

as for my weight loss, my new sleeve now looks like a normal sleeve when compared to my previous huge sleeve.

i am feeling great now on my fourth day, i will stay at the hotel for a few days just as a precaution, then fly back home in a few days.

you are in good hands, hes really great and all of his team is great.[/quote']

Great to hear you are doing well, I don't have any questions now, but I would greatly appreciate your continued presence on this forum. You are the only member that I am aware of at this point that has been resleeved. Your experience with this will be very usefull to our community. The topic of resleeveing has come up before, but allwe could really verify is that it is possible. Now with you here we have a resource that can speak from experience.

Thanks so much

I do have a question now that I think of it, you said that your sleeve was made too big the first time, was there some of the elastic portion of the stomach left in your old sleeve? I'm thinking this could have been the culprit in the dilation you mentioned.

So glad your second experience was a pleasent one! Thanks for the info :)

Wow! sorry this happened to you, but it is very interesting. I was sleeved by Dr Aceves last month and can assure you that you are in good hands. The aftercare I have received from his office is phenomenal! They respond so promptly to all of my questions and concerns. I believe he (and his staff) are the best money can buy.

I agree with OTR, it would be great to hear follow up from you in the future. Thank you so much for sharing this info with us!

That's really a tough ordeal to have to go through a second time....I hate to hear that for you. If that was me, I'd think I would want a refund or have it resleeved for free. :unsure: