Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Full Liquid - What To Eat?

Today is day 1 for my full liquid stage in my post op diet.

I only remember that my Doctor said cream of wheat and yogurt and I think he said cream Soup.

What else can I have on full liquid stage.

I tried yogurt today and I just took Greek yogurt and mix it with Protein powder ( Cookies and cream) it was like ice cream but I wasn't able to eat more then 3 tea spoon. later on I remember my favorite lassi and add the Water to it and blend and I was able to finish this drink.

what other choices I can have on full liquid stage of post op diet.

THANK YOU.

I made a can of Tomato Soup with milk and threw in some basil. It was the BEST Tomato Soup ever!!! lol

Other than that I am sticking to yogurt and Protein Drinks. Looking for other suggestions too :)

I really liked french onion Soup with the onions strained out and minus the bread. It really seemed to hit the spot and cure the craving for seasoning that I had. I'm week 3 now and moved on to mushies.

I found online this one;

Full liquid diet

The next stage is the full liquid diet which consists of sugar-free, low-fat milk products and

the Clear liquids listed above. You will need to supplement with Protein (drinks or

powder) after surgery. Remember to sip liquids, do not gulp.

Examples of Full Liquid Diet (No Added Sugar/Sugar-Free, Low Fat):

• Skim Milk or Lactaid milk

• Soy Milk (non-fat)

• Low fat, thin, strained cream Soup (smooth, no pieces of food)

sugar-free instant Breakfast

Protein Drinks – Start daily when you get home from the hospital. (See section on

Protein and protein drinks)

• Plain or “light” (no sugar added) yogurt with no fruit pieces

• Sugar-free pudding or custard

• Thinned cream of wheat or rice Cereal

and this is another one:

Stage 2- Week 2: Full Liquid Diet

Start high Protein Full Liquids (Pro-complex, Body Fortress, etc.) in addition to sugar free Clear Liquids.< /p>

RECOMMENDED FOODS:

 All food from previous stages

 Cream of Wheat

 If Protein Powder with clear liquid tolerated then mix Protein Powder of choice with non-fat

milk or Almond Breeze. If Lactose intolerant, use non-fat Lactase-Enzyme treated milk.

 Low Fat creamed Soups – thinned (no chunks), check useful websites for recipes.

 Natural applesauce

 Non-fat Yogurt (sugar-free), Greek Yogurt

 Skim milk or lactose free skim milk Fat-free / sugar-free pudding less than 60 calories and 8

grams of sugar per serving, natural applesauce, low fat / sugar-free yogurt (no fruit chunks)

 Sugar-free Carnation Instant Breakfast- made with skim milk

 Sugar-free Fudgesicles

 Sugar-free pudding- make with skim milk and add protein power

 Sugar-free yogurt (no chunks) – made with Nutra-sweet or Splenda. Greek yogurt

 Unsweetened 100% fruit juice diluted with Water without pulp (no orange juice, grapefruit or

Tomato juice). Limit to 4 ounces per day.

 V-8 juice (low sodium), V8 fusion, tomato juice and all other no added sugar fruit juices. Try

light versions sweetened with Splenda.

 Thinned oatmeal

Soups with soft noodles

Cream of chicken cup a Soup was my favorite... & to change it up a little I added garlic powder or Mrs. Dash seasoning.

I found online this one;

Full liquid diet

The next stage is the full liquid diet which consists of sugar-free' date=' low-fat milk products and

the clear liquids listed above. You will need to supplement with Protein (drinks or

powder) after surgery. Remember to sip liquids, do not gulp.

Examples of Full Liquid Diet (No Added Sugar/Sugar-Free, Low Fat):

• Skim Milk or Lactaid milk

• Soy Milk (non-fat)

• Low fat, thin, strained cream Soup (smooth, no pieces of food)

sugar-free instant Breakfast

Protein drinks – Start daily when you get home from the hospital. (See section on

protein and protein drinks)

• Plain or “light” (no sugar added) yogurt with no fruit pieces

sugar-free pudding or custard

• Thinned cream of wheat or rice Cereal

and this is another one:

Stage 2- Week 2: Full Liquid Diet

Start high Protein Full Liquids (Pro-complex, Body Fortress, etc.) in addition to sugar free Clear Liquids.

RECOMMENDED FOODS:

 All food from previous stages

 Cream of Wheat

 If protein powder with clear liquid tolerated then mix protein powder of choice with non-fat

milk or Almond Breeze. If Lactose intolerant, use non-fat Lactase-Enzyme treated milk.

 Low Fat creamed Soups – thinned (no chunks), check useful websites for recipes.

 Natural applesauce

 Non-fat Yogurt (sugar-free), Greek Yogurt

 Skim milk or lactose free skim milk Fat-free / sugar-free pudding less than 60 calories and 8

grams of sugar per serving, natural applesauce, low fat / sugar-free yogurt (no fruit chunks)

 Sugar-free Carnation Instant Breakfast- made with skim milk

 Sugar-free Fudgesicles

 Sugar-free pudding- make with skim milk and add protein power

 Sugar-free yogurt (no chunks) – made with Nutra-sweet or Splenda. Greek yogurt

 Unsweetened 100% fruit juice diluted with Water without pulp (no orange juice, grapefruit or

Tomato juice). Limit to 4 ounces per day.

 V-8 juice (low sodium), V8 fusion, tomato juice and all other no added sugar fruit juices. Try

light versions sweetened with Splenda.

 Thinned oatmeal

 Soups with soft noodles[/quote']

i'd be eating the heck out of some cream of wheat. i love it. lol :) they have organic farina cereal by bob's red mill on Amazon for like $12/$13 dollars per CASE of it with FREE shipping if you subscribe! (you can cancel your subscription after you get the package!)

also, if you're lactose intolerant.. you don't have to use lactaid stuff.. just try an alternative milk... i like the so delicious brand almond milk.. the plain is good, and has 5g of Protein in it.. the vanilla is awesome, too. there's also cashew milk, soy milk, hemp milk... all of which would have more Protein & less carbs than regular milk and no chemical gunk, like lactaid. :) soy doesn't taste very good, in my opinion, but you may like it. rice milk is higher in carbs, but i like it, too. it's the most "neutral" flavor & has the consistency & color of milk. coconut milk would be another option, but it has a coconut flavor & anything you make with it will taste coconutty. :)

you can have icecream and pudding pops and stuff like that if you want... but your two lists laid it out pretty good.. what you can have. :)

i'd be making paletas, fudgecicles and cream pops and eating cream of wheat.. and maybe some pudding or something. but that's just me. lol

I made a can of Tomato Soup with milk and threw in some basil. It was the BEST Tomato Soup ever!!! lol

Other than that I am sticking to yogurt and Protein drinks. Looking for other suggestions too :)

I also made a can of tomato soup but added Water and some grated parmesan cheese then threw it in the blender to puree it. Absolutely fantastic! Other than that and my Protein shakes, I'm still trying to find other things to eat. Going shopping tomorrow.

One of the best 'cream of soups' IMO is/was cream of chicken and mushroom. It's SO flavorful.

Also, this is going to sound gross probably, but it's good... blend 1/2 c of NF cottage cheese and mix with your choice of flavored sugar free Torani or davinci Syrup. It's less calories than ricotta and greek yogurt (it's 80 cals for 1/2 a c with 11 g of protein). You could add a Protein mix to it and depending on what you add, up the Protein a lot.

Best of luck!

So ricotta is in the blended version is ok for full liquid? this is what is stopping me. to prepare the cream Soup I need half and half ( base on the instruction) but I think it is too much for me now.

Also I have now idea if I am lactose intolerant I never was before but I read that I could be after.... so I need probably to try the milk first to make sure.

I was told no cream Soups during my full liquid stage :( I'm jealous!