Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Week Update.... Weight Loss, Protein Issues And "cheating"

Hello guys and dolls,

How's it going today ?? Well I have been insanely busy.

BAD news first.... I moved this past weekend.. yeah just five days after surgery OH JOY :blink: and ended up having my movers cancel on me last minute :angry: , had to find a "fill in" seet of movers :D and had to have an insane fight over my lease with my old landlord :angry: . SO needless to say... I moved from the day I got home straight through until Labor Day. We worked from 8am until Midnight nearly every day and guess what... I had the energy of an energizer bunny !! It was absolutely incredable. I couldn't even imagine that I had surgery just a few days before. I had such a great amount of strength and power that I was overwhelmed with the fact that I had just had surgery.

GOOD news second.... I've never felt better in my life !! I have boundless energy ( as mentioned above and worth mentioning again) and have lost... get this.... 14 (!!!) pounds since the surgery last week. I will weigh in every week on Mondays to keep you all updated on the "progress" I make. I have been on a Water and Protein Shake only for the past week. I won't lie and say it's easy. Hint.. One thing to do is to make your shake the night before and put it in the fridge overnight. It will taste like a very rich chocolate ready made shake. Delicious !!

THE UGLY news... this crap is HARD !!! I am on day 15 of not eating. I had my "Last Meal" on August 24th and I haven't eaten anything since then. Well I haven't CHEWED anything since. I look at food and thou I am not hungry I smell the food and I want it. I look at the food and I want it. I did "sample" a thing or two and by sample I mean I took a tiny BITE of pizza and chewed it to death. It was like mushy pureed baby food by the time I swallowed it. It went down OK but I realized I didn't really WANT it. I spoke with my nutritionist who said the reason you can't eat solids is because your stomach and esophogas is still swollen. I was consuming too much of the shake but I have decided to leave the ice out and just put the 16 oz of 1% milk in a shaker, add 2 scoops of powder and shake it to death. In the end it's a creamy chocolate milk and tastes great. I have 5 servings of this chocolate milk over ice. It's like a fake chocolate martini on ice. LOL

Enjoy. Hope you all enjoyed my update. So...

1 Week Down.... 14 pounds down.

Have a great week all. Catch you on Monday...

XOXO

Lisa

Ohhhhhh you cheated... I'm telling!! :)

Be careful about lifting boxes and stuff with your move. You shouldn't lift anything for a least 6 weeks. you could open up your staples.

I did the same thing only spit it out once it was mush. sounds like you are recovering very well. congrats! :)

Wow you've had a rough time and come out stronger. Good for you! What brand of shake are you drinking? I'm 5 days out and I'm trying to find one my stomach can stomach :wacko:

What Protein Shake r u using?

Sorry its taken me a while to get back to you guys. I have been getting back to work and my daughter back into school.. not to mention moving last weekend and my mom this weekend. UGh it's been a crazy two weeks to say the least !!

OK onto Shakes...

I'm using the frosty chocolate pure Protein whey Protein with 25g of protein and body fortress super advanced strawberry whey protein 26g. Both about 20.00 from shop rite.

The chocolate I make with ice and mix in a blender -tastes like a chocolate shake; or let it sit in the fridge overnight and it tastes like a pre-made one. The strawberry I mix with just milk and it tastes like strawberry milk. Yummy.

OH and to Sike out my brain I pour my 4 oz over ice and make it a "Protein on the Rocks" meal... then when the ice melts it tastes a bit like strawberry and I get in about 3 oz of Water as well !!

Enjoy !