Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wasn't sure where to put this but I thought "pill" section would be okay. Did anyone take BCP's right after surgery? You have to take one a day so I am worried that I won't be able to swallow one the day after surgery.

I think the doctors usually want you to use alternative BC methods for a month or so after surgery due to the increased risk of blood clots with the pill. I would check with your doctor.

could get an implant or shots & make him wear a condom.. try the ones made from lamb skin membrane. they don't stop disease, but they stop sperm & they're extremely thin.

I took my pill up until morning of surgery (9/13/12). My surgeon said I could resume following day, which was yesterday. I haven't tried yet, but plan to start my new pack tomorrow. He said I shouldn't have any problems because they're so small. I did contact my obgyn, and she said there's a birth control patch or chewable pills, in the event i have an issue. Good luck!

It's funny how all Doctors differ. My op is October 2 and my last dose of Bc was August 28. When I went for all my pre op appointments (gyno, endo, pcp and surgeon) they all said the same thing-no birth control pills until 2-3 months after surgery. I'm gonna take 3 months just to

Be on the safe side. I'm too afraid to get a blood clot!

I am going to have to look into the patch or something, I was wondering this myself. I take my pill not for contraception, but to help keep my endometrial hyperplasia at bay. Without the pill I bleed nonstop. 172 days at the longest.

I take mine for heavy/long periods. I took my pill this morning for first time since surgery, which was this past Thursday, and I didn't have any issue.

Mine also said to stop immediately at my last appt. didn't ask when I could resume. I just assumed after my first period post-op. I sure hope so. It so helps with regulation and shortens the "flow". I know you have to use a second method for a while too. So wish hubby wasnt such a baby and just go get snipped. I had two c-sections, is a minor out patient procedure too much to ask for?