Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im working a Ren Faire, need outfit

I have a cloak and skirt, but i need the blouse and bodice.

Anyone out here make 'em? Anyone have any friends who do?

I have been looking on ebay, but need plus size and only found one lady who makes them.. in green or red. I'm looking for a bit more "flare"

hmmmm.... there was a member nana something, I saw she made costumes in here signature. I tried looking through the member list and couldn't find a name i recognized. Hopefully, she will see this and send you a PM.

Yup, I got a cloak from Nana, but she didnt have the rest available for me. I need out fit by 10-1. My "worst case" senario is that I have to get one there 1st day of work.

Ask the seller on Ebay if they can make something custom???? I know that most will if they can....~Mandy

What kind of flare are you looking for, that's more flare than red? (I'm picturing what, a silver lamé blouse?). :heh:

Try a local costume shop, maybe. They usually sell everything they rent, and maybe you could find what your looking for as part of a pirate outfit...?

Also if you search, I know that style shirt is also sold as a "poet blouse" or "poet's blouse"... might help you get more hits.

I just attended the Ren Fair last weekend and I didn't like it. I thought it would be more "living history" but it's not at all. There were people dressed in Hobbit costumes and Lord of the Rings merchandise was everywhere. These things have zero to do with the time period of the Renaissance. I was very disappointed. Do you know why it's like that? Very disappointing.

Some places are like that, some arent. Also, LOTR sells merchandise.

There is not much of that at the Carolina faire, some, but we have a lot of Medieval things too. Jousting and a wepons museum, games and shows and kiddie rides. Its pretty fun

Foot in mouth award goes to me:

Yesterday I went out to lunch with my co-workers and I was ranting about the Ren Fair, about my complaints regarding authenticity, and I was going on and on about how Pirates of the Carribean has nothing to do with the Renaissance, etc. Well, I noticed my co-worker dropping back from the group (we were walking to the restaurant) and asked her what was wrong. To make a long story short, well, her boyfriend had proposed to her this weekend at the Ren Fair, dressed like a pirate from the movie and on the ship they use for the pirate shows there with the main guy who looks like Jack Sparrow. Oh, and she was also dressed as a pirate too and her boyfriend had talked the actors into incorporating the proposal into their show, etc etc. So she now feels like her romantic proposal story has been, ahem, shat upon by me...

WHOOPS!!!

A blousey blouse in silky polyester with a velvet or satin vest or bustier (corset) over it.

Buy a fabric grommet set and tie a ribbon between the two corseted vest sides. Just sew/glue the fronts back behind the bodice. Vests are easy to come by at Goodwill or even Walmart right now. Wear a too tight bra so the overflow is ample (unless it wouldn't be proper at work)

The look can be pirate or (dressy) courtesan look depending on the choice of fabric.