Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last Five Pounds......

Hi everyone. :) I have been away for awhile. The last five pounds is the DEVIL!!!! I have done everything from change in what foods I eat to what days I do cardo and weights, how much Water I'm taking in. I have journaled everything for the last 16 months. Yep nothing, nada, zilch. This is so frustrating now. Sixteen months post op and I'll be damned if the last five pounds will win. LOL!!!! If anyone has any suggestions by all means let me know. This has got to be hardest part.

Thanks everyone!!!! :) Deb

First of all, I know this is so cliche, but try not to stress about it. More stress=weight loss stall. I am 20 months post op and didn't reach goal until 18 months post op. I actually thought I was done losing with like you, less than 5 lbs left. I didn't lose for a couple of months, and all of a sudden I find myself losing again. I have actually dropped below goal by a few pounds and I have not changed anything I was doing.

I know you will roll your eyes at me, but just relax a little and I am sure it will happen!

Hi everyone. :) I have been away for awhile. The last five pounds is the DEVIL!!!! I have done everything from change in what foods I eat to what days I do cardo and weights, how much Water I'm taking in. I have journaled everything for the last 16 months. Yep nothing, nada, zilch. This is so frustrating now. Sixteen months post op and I'll be damned if the last five pounds will win. LOL!!!! If anyone has any suggestions by all means let me know. This has got to be hardest part.

Thanks everyone!!!! :) Deb

Have you considered that your body has a "happy weight" that is different than your ideal weight? In any case, Supersweetums is marvelously right. You'll get there, with or without the energy expended on the frustration. :P

CE

I was "stable" and thought I had hit goal, too, for a couple of months. Then I dropped three pounds in a week--don't know. Now, every couple of weeks, I drop a pound. I'm not doing anything differently, I don't think, during this slow drop period. I agree with the others--don't stress! You've really come a long way. I completely "get" that you'd like to attain your goal weight, and I firmly believe that you can, but if this is as good as it gets, are you unhappy? :-)

No, not unhappy. Frustrated is what I am.

The goal weight is my personal goal not my surgeons. It is not unattainable for me. I know plateaus are common. Just so over the last five pounds. LOL... Just thinking I'm doing something wrong that is keeping me from reaching my goal. Thanks everyone! :)

Deb

No, not unhappy. Frustrated is what I am.

The goal weight is my personal goal not my surgeons. It is not unattainable for me. I know plateaus are common. Just so over the last five pounds. LOL... Just thinking I'm doing something wrong that is keeping me from reaching my goal. Thanks everyone! :)

Deb

It sounds like you are doing everything right. I understand not being happy where you are at. I think the biggest thing is to just be patient. Our bodies love to hold onto those last few pounds and they are the hardest to lose.

I feel your frustration... I have been stuck at this weight; bouncing up and down but never below... for over 9mths! There is plenty left of me to lose...10lbs to my surgeon's goal and 23lbs to mine. I like you have tried everything and anything in that time space. The only difference is that I haven't been able to work out since May due to a bad back (which, is getting better now!)

I will keep my eyes posted on this thread to see if someone thinks of something I haven't tried...lol

Otherwise, at 2years post op, perhaps this is my 'body's' happy place even it is not mine head's!

Keep up the fight ... our bodies have to respond eventually, don't they? =]

Thanks Coops! Yes I have a two pound bounce all month long then BAM!!!! I'm hit with a five pound gain during TOM. Other than that I'm happy. Glad I didn't decide to go with what my surgeon determined to be my "ideal" weight. (122 pounds) I have weighed my goal weight before (135 pounds) Thats why I believe it isn't an unattainable weight to reach and be at.

I went shopping for some new jeans and I was shocked to see that I canwear either a size 6 or an 8 in misses. So I am happy, however, I would be uber happy with 5 pounds less. LOL... :) We will see where I land.

Thanks everyone! :)

Deb

Thanks Coops! Yes I have a two pound bounce all month long then BAM!!!! I'm hit with a five pound gain during TOM. Other than that I'm happy. Glad I didn't decide to go with what my surgeon determined to be my "ideal" weight. (122 pounds) I have weighed my goal weight before (135 pounds) Thats why I believe it isn't an unattainable weight to reach and be at.

I went shopping for some new jeans and I was shocked to see that I canwear either a size 6 or an 8 in misses. So I am happy, however, I would be uber happy with 5 pounds less. LOL... :) We will see where I land.

Thanks everyone! :)

Deb

I had set my goal at 140 lbs as it was just within normal range. I sat at around 143-145 for a few months and had figured I was done losing. I know how you feel, I wasn't thrilled, but I was happy. I still wanted to lose that last little bit. In the last few months I started losing again not having changed anything and I am now down to between 135-137 (I bounce around according to what point in my cycle I am in). So there is hope! Hang in there!

There is one thing that I added to my supplements that may help, although I started taking it more recently and had already started losing again, so I am not really sure if it made a difference.

I added a supplement called CLA (Conjugated linoleic acids). It is suppose to help your body burn fat. This is the brand that I use, and I only have been taking it once per day, although studies have found that 3400mg is the optimal dose. I only take 1 because it is a little pricey and I just never remember :)

http://www.drugstore.com/natures-bounty-cla-1000-mg-tonalin-softgels/qxp232842

I also read that Tonalin CLA is the best one, so make sure the supplement you buy has their symbol on it. Worth a shot if you are interested.

I'm not sleeve yet but u could aways get a Tummy Tuck ... ( just alittle since of humor ) lol I thnk your doing great cant wait to Benin your shoes